Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 11.6 Inch|Color: Black|Change

on November 12, 2014
Recently, I spent my hard earned money on a 13.3" Macbook Pro Mid 2012. I like to take care of my personal belongings, and this $1000 piece of machinery was no exception. So this began my search for a laptop sleeve. Wandering my local general stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.) I noticed a cheap laptop sleeve (as in cheap quality) was nearly $16! I was like HECK NO! So I jumped on Amazon (btw amazon is the best shoutout to all the hard workers running this website and service) and searched a laptop sleeve. After approximately 9.24 seconds of searching I came across this gem. COULD IT BE?!?? An affordable, durable, and classy laptop sleeve for under $10. Being the educated consumer I started to read reviews. I came across a few that said: Laptop Didn't Fit. This was it, this was the end, I built it all up to let myself down. But being the poor High-School student I am, I pocketed some of my parents lunch money and ordered it. When it got here I opened the package. You know the scene in Star Wars when Darth Vader removed his mask? That's what it was like, shocking, but beautiful. I unboxed it and immediately took my laptop out of my backpack (which was stored in a nice soft tee-shirt previous to this sleeve purchase) and tried to slip it in the case. Wow. The sleeve fit like a glove.

If you have a 13.3" Macbook Pro Mid 2012, I highly recommend this product. It protects your laptop very well and snug. No other sleeve is as affordable, fashionable, and durable as this one.
review image review image review image
1313 comments|375 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I was concerned that my Dell Latitude (E6430) measuring 18.875" x 9.5" x 1.3125" would not fit in this sleeve. I was only concerned about the height of my laptop based on the advertised dimension of the sleeve. So, I submitted a question about that and received several helpful comments that it should work without a problem. Great guidance, thanks for the responses on this, very helpful.

So, my laptop fits in the sleeve, the sleeve fits in my messenger bag and provides the necessary protection that I was looking for. In fact it fits so well in my SERBAGS Military Style Messenger bag that it looks it is part of the bag (see photo). I can even leave the sleeve unzipped for quick extraction/insertion of the laptop.

I'm happy with the quality and functionality of this product.
review image review image
44 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2015
This sleeve is awesome for the price. I was looking for a sleeve to fit my new XPS 13 9343 and was having trouble because it has a 13.3 inch screen but is only a 12 inch in size due to the infinity display. It seemed that most 13 inch laptop sleeves would have an extra inch length wise and I didn't want the laptop to be loose inside the sleeve.

A few reviews mentioned that the XPS 13 did fit for them but there were no pictures for me too look at. I took a chance by purchasing the 11.6 inch sleeve for it and put the laptop in for the first time just now and it fits like a glove! It fits perfectly inside the sleeve with no room to move around, which is what I like.

The case itself has decent soft padding with a sleek black look, with "Amazon basics" labeled on one side. I love Amazon so I don't like showing off their products :)

The only thing is that when you zip up the sleeve with the XPS 13 inside, you have to be careful zipping around the corners because they stick out a little bit, but once you have it zipped up, the laptop sleeve fits it perfectly and the laptop sits nice and snug.
review image review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 10, 2013
Size: 11.6 Inch|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
AmazonBasics, for anyone not familiar, is a return to reason and rational product design and pricing. Peripheral products like computer cables, batteries, cases etc. are deflated of overhyped claims, designed to serve their function in elegant simplicity and offered at an affordable price.

This laptop enclosure is appropriately called a Sleeve, because it correctly conveys it's main attribute of minimal bulk. It's for users who want to avoid scratches and cosmetic damage and offers a way to store or transport your laptop under your arm or nested in a larger bag. It's made of one neoprene sheet folded over, the sides are sewn/connected with what resembles the ballistic fabric often used in luggage, for durability and greater wear and give the case a width of about 5/8". The top is closed with a fine tooth zipper that curves around the outer edges 2" allowing it to be opened wide for easy access inside. Stitching, fit and finish, are all precise and convey efficient quality. My 11" MacBook air fits inside perfectly. The protection offered by the neoprene should absorb minor dinks and bumps without a problem. It is not, obviously, a laptop Otterbox, designed to withstand sledgehammer blows and falls off construction scaffolding. It offers similar protection of other cases I've purchased for 3 times the price and easily relieved my apprehension, considering the low price when I placed my order. There are no extra pockets or places to store any accessories. If it did, it would no longer be a Sleeve and would lose the slim, bulk-less profile which I wanted.

So consider your needs and if prefer something more steroidal or Himalayan Sherpa-like. The Sleeve ships in minimally wasteful packaging like all AmazonBasic products but it does come with one of those bendy Styrofoam inserts inside. If you want an extra layer of protection, I realized and experimented with, leaving the Styrofoam in there. (Yes, there is enough room, it doesn't look ridiculous and it did offer much more protection!) I decided to dispose of the insert after a week, but if you're a rambunctious type or have your sofa and chairs sealed in plastic, it is viable. Don't let the low price scare you off. A very nice laptop Sleeve you'll probably be very happy with.
33 comments|180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 8, 2013
Firstly, this AmazonBasics 11.6-inch MacBook Air Sleeve is just that: a sleeve. It's not a case to travel with, there is no handle. However, there are many uses for a sleeve. It protects your computer on your desk at home or work when you are not using it. Furthermore, if the briefcase, messenger bag, or backpack you carry your computer in doesn't have quite as much padding as you would like in the computer compartment or it's not quite snug enough, the form fitting sleeve is perfect to add that extra protection for your cherished and costly device.

I love having the sleeve on my Macbook Air at my desk when not in use. This way I don't have to worry about a pen, or anything else with a sharp edge scratching it, etc. It's just that little protection when not in use.

With the AmazonBasics sleeve priced so low. What's not to love?

The quality? The quality is superb! Honestly, I have seen sleeves from other manufacturers easily costing 3x this much at the same quality level. The Air fits securely in the sleeve, it's not too tight and not too loose, as the description says "precise fit." It's perfect for the MacBoook Air.

Furthermore, as long as you insert the computer all the way into the sleeve and carefully close the zipper, there is just enough space and cushion that we hopefully won't have to worry about the zipper coming into contact with the computer. Still, I wouldn't carry the sleeve with the computer's weight pushing down against the zipper. Naturally, still be careful with the computer in the sleeve. If you have an impact, the computer can certainly still be damaged.

Overall, whether you use a sleeve to store your computer around the home or office, or use it as extra protection in computer bag, this sleeve won't let you down. The price is oh so right, and the quality is oh so good. Thanks Amazon. Highly Recommended!
11 comment|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2015
First of all, Amazon is super quick. I just ordered this yesterday and when I got home today, it's already waiting on my front door (2-day prime shipping). Wow, I'm afraid of getting spoiled. Now, on to the product.

This is by far the best fitting sleeve I can get for my Lenovo ThinkPad x140e. I needed something that I could throw in my tote bag, backpack or whatever sack I'm lugging for the day for school or work that would not be too bulky or take up too much space. I don't need to have accessories with it so I'd rather not have a laptop bag. The fit is snug but not too tight. The zipper needs to be pulled a little at the end but given enough time I think the material would have stretched enough so it wouldn't be a struggle. Overall, I'm very happy with the sleeve and it's very good value for the quality.
review image review image review image
on March 4, 2015
This is great for protecting my 11.6" MacBook Air. It fits well inside the sleeve with little extra room which is good because the laptop doesn't slide around inside but there also isn't much room for accessories. It has a great design for lightweight travel but if you plan on taking other things with you like a mouse or a charger, this probably isn't the best option. There is no handle would have been nice but also keeps it small enough to fit inside a backpack. I have used this product for about 2 months now and it is not showing any signs of wear and tear so the build quality is excellent. Overall I like the sleeve and would recommend it unless you have a lot of things to carry.
review image review image
on June 1, 2015
BETTER THAN NOTHING, But not as good as the CASE LOGIC: ELS-111 11" Chromebook/Surface 3 Sleeve. Fits the MacAir 11.6" perfect. The Amazon sleeve is simply neoprene, which snags and has so much friction, it doesn't easily slide in/out of my backpack. The Amazon quality is decent, but looks like a beer can cozy (koozie) compared to the CASE LOGIC. The CASE LOGIC IS "NOT" just NEOPRENE! It is highly protective, light, low density foam encased in canvas. It's more durable and slide in and out of my backpack better. Also the CASE LOGIC opens on two sides not just a slit on one side like the Amazon.

(I bought both, and tried to return the AmazonBasics, yet Amazon was going to charge me $8.34 to send it back.. so i am keeping it.. Don't waste your time.. Don't make my mistake, buy the CASE LOGIC ELS-111 11" (note: last photo of Case Logic sleeve)
review image review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 30, 2014
MEASURING YOUR COMPUTER
> Use a string or tape measure to measure the long=width circumference and the short=depth circumference of your laptop computer. Do NOT just calculate the measurements, actually measure with a string or measuring tape to get an accurate measurement.
> Compare to the width and depth circumferences of Amazon sleeves (below).

Amazon 11.6" sleeve (11.4 x 8.4 x 0.4 inside)
> Depth circumference 8.4+0.4=8.8x2 = 17.6"
> Width circumference 11.4+0.4=11.8x2 = 23.6"
> Fits laptop up to ~18.6" x ~23.6"

Amazon 13.3" sleeve (13 x 9.1 x 0.4 inside)
> Depth circumference 9.1+0.4=9.5x2 = 19"
> Width circumference 13+0.4=13.4x2 = 26.8"
> Fits laptop up to ~20" x ~26.8"

Amazon 14" sleeve (13.4 x 9.4 x 0.4 inside)
> Depth circumference 9.4+0.4=9.8x2 = 19.6"
> Width circumference 13.4+0.4=13.8x2= 27.6"
> Fits laptop up to ~20.6" x ~27.6"

Amazon 15-15.6" sleeve (15 x 11 x 0.4 inside)
> Depth circumference 11+0.4=11.4x2 = 22.8"
> Width circumference 15+0.4=15.4x2 = 30.8"
> Fits laptop up to ~23.8" x ~30.8"

NOTES
> There is a little bit of stretch and perhaps compression of the padding, so, in my experience the depth circumference of your laptop computer can be up to about 1" greater than the calculated depth circumference of the Amazon sleeve, so I allow 1" greater in the depth circumference above. You don't have as much slack in the width circumference, particularly if your laptop has square corners.

***************************************************************

THE 14" AMAZON SLEEVE
The AmazonBasics 14-inch Laptop Sleeve is a fabulous sleeve, if it EXACTLY fits your computer/tablet. Not-so-much if the fit is less-than-perfect.

DESCRIPTION
> Beautifully made. Looks great. Almost velvet-like interior fabric lining. Outside fabric is a deep dark black.
> As I describe below, the Amazon sleeve is NOT stretchy. With stretchy sleeves, your grip is less secure, because your computer/tablet can slip around inside the sleeve and the sleeve can "caterpillar", unbalancing your grip. You can get a good grip on the Amazon sleeve.
> The sleeve is designed for tablets or thin-computer with rounded corners.

CUSHIONING/PROTECTION
> The Amazon sleeve provides excellent protection against light bumps etc., better than other inexpensive sleeves. BUT:
> Beware that sleeves, no matter how well built, are not substitutes for heavier-duty cases. It is much easier to drop a sleeve than a case with handgrips and shoulder straps. For example AmazonBasics 14.1 Inch Laptop and Tablet Case.

FOR TRAVEL
For travel, the Amazon CASE makes a good "personal bag" (especially for guys who don't have handbags)---you can stow a lot of non-computer stuff in it, such as an MP3 player and a couple of breakfast bars. If you use a SLEEVE for travel, it (and your computer/tablet) should be stowed INSIDE your luggage. It is simply just too easy to fumble a sleeve when your hands are already full with boarding passes, IDs, and other luggage.

SIZE AND FIT
> The "stretchy" sleeves (from other brands) are "one-size-fits-all" (within a range of sizes and shapes). The AMAZON sleeve is NOT.
> According to Amazon the 14" Amazon sleeve is 9.4" x 13.4" x 0.4 inside
> My wife's rounded Dell which measures 9 5/8" x 10 3/4" x 1 1/4" fits as though the case was made for it
> My older square-cornered Thinkpad measures 10 1/4" x 13 x 1 1/4" does NOT fit at all---even through it is only 5/8" deeper
--It is primarily the rounded corners of the Dell that makes the difference
on November 19, 2013
Size: 13.3 Inch|Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This sleeve seems to be very well made. The neoprene is sufficiently thick, and the zipper seems sturdy. However, it's much too loose for a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13.3". It is still usable, but the sleeve is a lot larger than what I would prefer.
88 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse