Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 327 questions
votes
I would not call it a "pull out" basket. The bin is a separate piece from the shredder. The shredding unit sits on top of the bin, and will not operate unless it is firmly in place. To empty the bin you have to lift the shredder off the top. It is quite top-heavy, and a bit cumbersome, and it's hard not to get tiny shreds of paper all over. I think this is pretty standard for shredders like this in general. I usually unplug it and take the whole thing into the garage to empty it. In fact, I put the whole thing bin and all into a plastic garbage bag before I separate the two parts, so the confetti is contained in the bag.
Apr 14, 2014 by Brian
votes
I purchased these sheets: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J07T0K/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 from on here. They are a pkg of 36 single use sheets. You feed 1 sheet in and when it shreds reverse the blades for a few seconds. The sheets have lubricant embedded in them. They work like a charm. I use 1 sheet each month for regular maintenance.
Dec 18, 2012 by Bill
votes
At most office stores (Office Max, Office Depot, etc., you cay buy a box of sheets to run through your shredded each time you empty the waste basket. These sheets contain the oil you need, and are musdt easier to use that the bottles of oil.
Jul 27, 2013 by Fred C. Dobbs
votes
There is a safety flap that covers the opening to the shredder teeth but if your kids are very curious they will figure out how to push it open. If the top is removed the machine automatically shuts off and will not run until placed back on the basket. I don't see how anyone could get hurt if they try to stick their fingers in the shredder slot because there are sensors inside that need to "feel" a paper going in to shred. Then again kids put their hands in places we would not consider so it's a tough call. Bottom line is this should be placed in a separate room that the kids won't get at it just to be 100% sure.
Sep 10, 2013 by ILoveTheUSA
votes
I has not overheated up to one half hour of shredding, I stopped then because I was tired
Mar 5, 2014 by Anne
vote
They are very thin. 1 3/4" x 1/4".
Nov 8, 2012 by Kathy J.
vote
From my experience, yes. I usually just place the entire unopened envelope into shredder an shred it. Never had a problem yet. Keep in mind that you wouldn't want to place a really thick one and try to shred it. But so far I haven't found any junk mail that wouldn't shred. I think you'll be fine.
Dec 27, 2013 by Willowlong
vote
You would need to remove the lid and then dump the basket like a trash can.
Jan 14, 2013 by gravityax
vote
you need to pull up the shredder, which has some weight, to empty your shred.
Apr 27, 2014 by Jagdish Patel
votes
Yes it will but remember to oil the shredder in order for it to last longer. The oil also helps with keeping the labels from sticking to the teeth. I have had no problems with it.
Sep 7, 2014 by Kathryn Floyd-England
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   33   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers