Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics 14-Inch Laptop and Tablet Bag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 14 Inch|Style: Bag|Change

on November 10, 2015
I hate to do it. Honestly, I do. The case was great and fit my Toshiba Satellite snug and securely. Plenty of pockets for the mouse, USB cords, the charger, etc. Plenty of room. Life was good.

Then it happened. The strap unclipped itself while I was leaving my office this afternoon. You see, they are intended to be free spinning, typical straps. Except when it doesn't twist, it will come off. Another review I read mentioned this. "Nah, that's just a once in a blue moon scenario" I told myself after reading it. I shuddered the same phrase as I watched the case fall corner first. Not even enough time to realize what had happened, as it was only hanging from my shoulder....

Opened the bag to find my 850 dollar laptop with a dented frame and shattered screen. That was hours ago, and now here I am. Return processed and a backpack ordered. Just get a backpack, It's not worth the risk to your electronics. There isn't enough padding. Learn from my mistakes! Look at the carnage and don't let it happen to yours!!
review image review image
1919 comments| 412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
Well I am simply surprised. I have 4-5 other netbook cases and this one is significantly better than all of them, for a lower price (a word on pricing later):

* The handles are the right thickness and "feel" - they aren't just webbing that seems like an afterthought and feels uncomfortable, they appear to be made of a thinner Neoprene style material with stitching on the "grab" area to create a nicely-formed, nice-feeling, handle. At first I thought there was a "stiffener" inserted in the handle area to give it more shape and "grippability," but apparently its just a good choice of materials and a well-executed design. You won't need any additional handle wrapper to be comfortable!

- I have another zipper case with a handle but would never feel comfortable carrying it by the handle around town. The handle is too flimsy to be comfortable and I don't trust the security of the construction/stitching. This AmazonBasics case is completely different. I feel like I can have my normal day back and carry this one by hand for quick and easy access on a commuter train or bus.

* The zipper, which runs only across the top and down each side about 2", is robust-looking - it isn't one of those "narrow gauge" flimsy looking zippers (technically, it is a "coil" not a "flat lock" design).

* As another reviewer mentioned, the zipper tabs are large enough to find and operate quickly and easily, and they are a "soft rubber" that feels good to the touch. One minor negative is the large "amazon basics" lettering on the zipper pull. Actually it is beginning to grow on me - yeah baby, I am too cheap (and too smart?) for Belkin or Built! (And got a better designed product.)

* There is NO zipper or "single stitch seam" at the bottom of the bag. Look carefully at some other designs. Make sure that when you send the bag down there is actual padding on the bottom of the bag so the netbook won't "slam" down hard on the table top, floor, etc. Some bags are just Neoprene panels that are sewn together at the seams along the perimeter, and the stitching compresses the Neoprene at the perimeter so it can't do its cushioning job.

- My netbook nestles between the "panel seams" (the bag has two flat side panels, then a perimeter panel to give it width, just like a "normal," larger bag) and rests on normal thickness Neoprene.

* Because the zipper isn't full length on the sides (you only need the zipper across the top, it is plenty wide, for getting the netbook in and out), there is less risk of failing to close the zipper completely and having the device slip out one end.

* The inside of this bag is ORANGE so you can easily make sure you haven't left something inside.

* There is a zippered side-slot on the exterior of the bag which may, in fact, be large enough for a Nook as another reviewer noted. There is ample room for a typical power brick with cord, although that would pretty much ruin the appearance of the bag for carrying, but would be helpful for transiting security (if you have to remove power bricks as well as small computers).

- I checked this side-slot for use with both an external DVD player and with a couple of external hard drives. All fit with room to spare (well, not at the same time!).

- My preferred use for this side slot is to carry memory sticks and an older (3rd gen) iPod Touch. The Touch "boots up" much more quickly than a netbook for quick email and Facebook monitoring.

Recommended modifications/usage adjustments:

- I will put some orange duct tape on one handle so I can keep a better eye on this through airport security (although I try to put my computer bag under my shoes and jacket in the bin through security).

- If I end up not liking the Amazon zipper pulls, it is a simple job to cut them off and replace with lanyard style zipper pulls from REI or other sources. But I think I will keep the stock zipper pulls.

- I will probably find an extra microfiber cloth and roll it up length-wise and lay it down across the entire width of the bottom seam to add extra padding there. It's always handy to have a microfiber cloth around anyway, for wiping the screen on the netbook (not required often) or for wiping my iPod Touch screen (required more often).

- I won't store the power brick in the side slot. I don't like the bulge, not for appearance reasons so much as because it creates a potential pressure point against the netbook side. I will store a DVD player or external hard drive if I decide to carry one (the DVD player is useful for playing DVD's purchased on a trip, the external hard drive is useful if I am taking a low-capacity netbook in which I have installed an SSD - solid state drive - instead of a conventional hard drive).

- I probably won't carry this around like a mini-attache. But the handles are almost indispensable in getting a secure grip on the case when inserting the case and netbook into my daily carry pack or into a laptop slot in carryon luggage. The greatest risk of damage is when we pull the case out of our other bag or put it back in, and handles GREATLY reduce the risk of slipping and dropping during those moments.

- During storage at home, I will separate the battery from the main unit so it doesn't discharge, and the side slot is a perfect place to put it (diagonally).

A WORD ON PRICING: Amazon's prices on EVERYTHING fluctuate like the commodities market. This nice piece is selling for 20% less than when I bought it just last week (10 vs 12). You need to compare prices to other netbook bags an other online and bricks and mortar dealers before you buy so you don't get irate later! (At 12 bucks it was a bargain at 10 it's a steal!)
2222 comments| 617 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2015
This bag has two significant problems that really should be addressed.

Firstly, the padding is insufficient in the bottom corners. There is enough padding at the bottom and sides, but almost no padding at the corners, which are the most vulnerable points on your laptop.

Secondly, the shoulder strap attaches to the bag with two plastic clips, and they can let go when least expected, especially when the strap was a little twisted before picking it up. This has happened to me on multiple occasions.

The combination of these two problems has led to my laptop suffering corner damage from falling onto pavement when I picked up my bag by the strap, and it decided to let go.

If you have a nice laptop, this is an accident waiting to happen.
review image
1616 comments| 505 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
I ordered this as a case for my ASUS 12" chromebook, it fits great with plenty of room left to hold my Ipad 2 in it's silicone sleeve, both chargers and cables, and assorted other small things. This bag is terrific!
on February 8, 2014
well made bag that has lotsa room for my 7" Galaxy tab3. i also use it for my small digital camera and extras.the warranty is nice plus too!
review image review image
11 comment| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 7-10 Inch|Style: Bag|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
UPDATE 12/03/2013: Going on three years and I am still using this bag for now my iPad 3G. No rips or tears. Has a few stains from coffee spills, but that is about it. Love how the side pocket is expandable/stretchable, I can fit all kinds of extra accessories into it. By far the BEST bag out in the market!

This is the perfect iPad carrying case. I already use the official Apple iPad Case that folds over to protect the iPad from daily use, but now I will be able to carry it without worrying it will slip from my hands. I have been searching for a quality made carrying case with handles that would make it easier to carry my iPad from place to place. The AmazonBasics Netbook bag has been the answer. Unlike other iPad carrying cases I have been eyeballing, this Netbook bag is extremely affordable. The rubber grip zippers operate with ease and it is padded for added protection. I can even fit my iPad in it's case inside this bag without having to jam it in, there is plenty of extra room to spare. The side compartment is great to store my portable AC power adapter and digital camera. Great product.
66 comments| 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 7-10 Inch|Style: Bag|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since I bought my netbook, I've been on the hunt for the perfect small case to tote it in. Almost every case I've used has been lacking in some way, but the AmazonBasics Netbook Bag with Handle comes the closest to the perfect case for me of anything I've tried thus far.

Yes, I said it comes the closest, which implies there is something missing, so I'll start with that. It's a pretty minor thing, really, which is why I think the bag still deserves 5 stars. The only thing I would change is I would add a detachable shoulder strap. It's a small detail and one easily remedied by purchasing a universal shoulder strap to it. But if it already had that feature, it would be perfect in my eyes.

Let's move on to what I really appreciate about this case. First and formost, it fits my 10" Asus 1000HE very well while maintaining a small form factor that easily fits inside a larger case. The handles make it easy to pick up and run with when you want to leave the larger case behind and just tote the netbook with you.

On top of that, the zippered side pocket is roomy enough to hold the power adapter for my netbook without `squishing' it. Similar cases have had pockets that were too tight and worried me that they may damage the cable if I stuffed it in them. Not only can I fit the power adapter, but I also keep a Bluetooth mouse in that pocket.

The case has a small bit of padding all around, sufficiently protecting the device with just enough cushion.

If you've been looking for a small netbook bag that can double as a sleeve or an easy-to-tote case on the go, the AmazonBasics Netbook Bag with Handle is for you!
66 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2015
For the 17.3 Inch Laptop Bag
Nice bag for the price but has it downsides. Shipping and packing was great and no issue with the quality. Downside of the bag is the interior pockets for accessories are flimsy and small. Since they are flimsy and small they don't hold anything. Would be nice if at least one or two of the pockets could be larger and closed by either zipper or Velcro. This would really help with items like a wallet, business cards, pens and pencils, etc. I placed a picture of these pockets with a pen in one of the pockets. As you can see, the pen protrudes out and reaches the top of the bag. When items are placed in these pockets they fall out of their pockets when bag is upside down or on its side.
Overall the bag is well made and of simple design. For carry your laptop, some files, a tablet and some accessories it will suit my needs well. For some who needs something that has more durability due to heavier use, I would look at a different bag then this one.
review image
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
hello at first it seemed a good product but after a few weeks of use I had problems since this opened part of attachment webbing photos to see hope this feedback reaches the seller so you can help me
review image review image review image
on December 1, 2014
I've purchased several Amazon Basic products in the past, and based upon those favorable experiences my expectations were higher. This is a cheap bag in more than just price. The interior is flimsy nylon rather than the typical orange felt you will find in many other AB products, and there seems to be a general lack of "roominess" to the pockets. Most surprising was the noise... it sounds like it is stuffed with crumpled up newspaper, so you get a crinkly noise every time you touch it. Very embarrassing in a crowded classroom. There also isn't much padding in the bottom, so you need to set the bag down very gently if you value your laptop. I was going to return it, but discovered that my refund net of Amazon's return shipping charges would only be around $2, so it wasn't worth it. Guess it's going to the Goodwill Thrift Store instead.