TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 21, 2010
Well I am simply surprised. I have 4-5 other netbook cases and this one is significantly better than all of them, for a lower price (a word on pricing later):

* The handles are the right thickness and "feel" - they aren't just webbing that seems like an afterthought and feels uncomfortable, they appear to be made of a thinner Neoprene style material with stitching on the "grab" area to create a nicely-formed, nice-feeling, handle. At first I thought there was a "stiffener" inserted in the handle area to give it more shape and "grippability," but apparently its just a good choice of materials and a well-executed design. You won't need any additional handle wrapper to be comfortable!

- I have another zipper case with a handle but would never feel comfortable carrying it by the handle around town. The handle is too flimsy to be comfortable and I don't trust the security of the construction/stitching. This AmazonBasics case is completely different. I feel like I can have my normal day back and carry this one by hand for quick and easy access on a commuter train or bus.

* The zipper, which runs only across the top and down each side about 2", is robust-looking - it isn't one of those "narrow gauge" flimsy looking zippers (technically, it is a "coil" not a "flat lock" design).

* As another reviewer mentioned, the zipper tabs are large enough to find and operate quickly and easily, and they are a "soft rubber" that feels good to the touch. One minor negative is the large "amazon basics" lettering on the zipper pull. Actually it is beginning to grow on me - yeah baby, I am too cheap (and too smart?) for Belkin or Built! (And got a better designed product.)

* There is NO zipper or "single stitch seam" at the bottom of the bag. Look carefully at some other designs. Make sure that when you send the bag down there is actual padding on the bottom of the bag so the netbook won't "slam" down hard on the table top, floor, etc. Some bags are just Neoprene panels that are sewn together at the seams along the perimeter, and the stitching compresses the Neoprene at the perimeter so it can't do its cushioning job.

- My netbook nestles between the "panel seams" (the bag has two flat side panels, then a perimeter panel to give it width, just like a "normal," larger bag) and rests on normal thickness Neoprene.

* Because the zipper isn't full length on the sides (you only need the zipper across the top, it is plenty wide, for getting the netbook in and out), there is less risk of failing to close the zipper completely and having the device slip out one end.

* The inside of this bag is ORANGE so you can easily make sure you haven't left something inside.

* There is a zippered side-slot on the exterior of the bag which may, in fact, be large enough for a Nook as another reviewer noted. There is ample room for a typical power brick with cord, although that would pretty much ruin the appearance of the bag for carrying, but would be helpful for transiting security (if you have to remove power bricks as well as small computers).

- I checked this side-slot for use with both an external DVD player and with a couple of external hard drives. All fit with room to spare (well, not at the same time!).

- My preferred use for this side slot is to carry memory sticks and an older (3rd gen) iPod Touch. The Touch "boots up" much more quickly than a netbook for quick email and Facebook monitoring.

Recommended modifications/usage adjustments:

- I will put some orange duct tape on one handle so I can keep a better eye on this through airport security (although I try to put my computer bag under my shoes and jacket in the bin through security).

- If I end up not liking the Amazon zipper pulls, it is a simple job to cut them off and replace with lanyard style zipper pulls from REI or other sources. But I think I will keep the stock zipper pulls.

- I will probably find an extra microfiber cloth and roll it up length-wise and lay it down across the entire width of the bottom seam to add extra padding there. It's always handy to have a microfiber cloth around anyway, for wiping the screen on the netbook (not required often) or for wiping my iPod Touch screen (required more often).

- I won't store the power brick in the side slot. I don't like the bulge, not for appearance reasons so much as because it creates a potential pressure point against the netbook side. I will store a DVD player or external hard drive if I decide to carry one (the DVD player is useful for playing DVD's purchased on a trip, the external hard drive is useful if I am taking a low-capacity netbook in which I have installed an SSD - solid state drive - instead of a conventional hard drive).

- I probably won't carry this around like a mini-attache. But the handles are almost indispensable in getting a secure grip on the case when inserting the case and netbook into my daily carry pack or into a laptop slot in carryon luggage. The greatest risk of damage is when we pull the case out of our other bag or put it back in, and handles GREATLY reduce the risk of slipping and dropping during those moments.

- During storage at home, I will separate the battery from the main unit so it doesn't discharge, and the side slot is a perfect place to put it (diagonally).

A WORD ON PRICING: Amazon's prices on EVERYTHING fluctuate like the commodities market. This nice piece is selling for 20% less than when I bought it just last week (10 vs 12). You need to compare prices to other netbook bags an other online and bricks and mortar dealers before you buy so you don't get irate later! (At 12 bucks it was a bargain at 10 it's a steal!)
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 8, 2014
well made bag that has lotsa room for my 7" Galaxy tab3. i also use it for my small digital camera and extras.the warranty is nice plus too!
review image review image
Size: 7-10 InchesVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
UPDATE 12/03/2013: Going on three years and I am still using this bag for now my iPad 3G. No rips or tears. Has a few stains from coffee spills, but that is about it. Love how the side pocket is expandable/stretchable, I can fit all kinds of extra accessories into it. By far the BEST bag out in the market!

This is the perfect iPad carrying case. I already use the official Apple iPad Case that folds over to protect the iPad from daily use, but now I will be able to carry it without worrying it will slip from my hands. I have been searching for a quality made carrying case with handles that would make it easier to carry my iPad from place to place. The AmazonBasics Netbook bag has been the answer. Unlike other iPad carrying cases I have been eyeballing, this Netbook bag is extremely affordable. The rubber grip zippers operate with ease and it is padded for added protection. I can even fit my iPad in it's case inside this bag without having to jam it in, there is plenty of extra room to spare. The side compartment is great to store my portable AC power adapter and digital camera. Great product.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 16, 2015
This bag has two significant problems that really should be addressed.

Firstly, the padding is insufficient in the bottom corners. There is enough padding at the bottom and sides, but almost no padding at the corners, which are the most vulnerable points on your laptop.

Secondly, the shoulder strap attaches to the bag with two plastic clips, and they can let go when least expected, especially when the strap was a little twisted before picking it up. This has happened to me on multiple occasions.

The combination of these two problems has led to my laptop suffering corner damage from falling onto pavement when I picked up my bag by the strap, and it decided to let go.

If you have a nice laptop, this is an accident waiting to happen.
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Size: 7-10 InchesVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since I bought my netbook, I've been on the hunt for the perfect small case to tote it in. Almost every case I've used has been lacking in some way, but the AmazonBasics Netbook Bag with Handle comes the closest to the perfect case for me of anything I've tried thus far.

Yes, I said it comes the closest, which implies there is something missing, so I'll start with that. It's a pretty minor thing, really, which is why I think the bag still deserves 5 stars. The only thing I would change is I would add a detachable shoulder strap. It's a small detail and one easily remedied by purchasing a universal shoulder strap to it. But if it already had that feature, it would be perfect in my eyes.

Let's move on to what I really appreciate about this case. First and formost, it fits my 10" Asus 1000HE very well while maintaining a small form factor that easily fits inside a larger case. The handles make it easy to pick up and run with when you want to leave the larger case behind and just tote the netbook with you.

On top of that, the zippered side pocket is roomy enough to hold the power adapter for my netbook without `squishing' it. Similar cases have had pockets that were too tight and worried me that they may damage the cable if I stuffed it in them. Not only can I fit the power adapter, but I also keep a Bluetooth mouse in that pocket.

The case has a small bit of padding all around, sufficiently protecting the device with just enough cushion.

If you've been looking for a small netbook bag that can double as a sleeve or an easy-to-tote case on the go, the AmazonBasics Netbook Bag with Handle is for you!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2015
I ordered this as a case for my ASUS 12" chromebook, it fits great with plenty of room left to hold my Ipad 2 in it's silicone sleeve, both chargers and cables, and assorted other small things. This bag is terrific!
review image review image
on November 30, 2010
This is a great bag for carrying your iPad. The handles are super convenient. The bag is sturdy and also big enough to fit my iPad when it has a carrying sleeve on it for extra protection. Well, well worth the money!
VINE VOICEon June 23, 2010
Size: 7-10 InchesVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This AmazonBasics Netbook Bag is just perfectly simple. No frills or thrills, it just does it's job and does it's job well.

It's ample size accommodates even the largest netbooks with ease without being too big or sloppy for the smaller 7 "and 8" netbooks.

The large and easy to grip zippers are a nice touch (I find far too many zippers too small for my large hands).

One side pouch allows for a little bit of storage of media or any sort of accessories you may have (or even a Kindle?).

The ultra soft neoprene rubber provides your netbook with plenty of cushioning and protection. No worries or need for any other "protection" on the netbook is needed.

And it's discreet appearance makes it suitable for a man or woman to carry it, so guys you wont look like you are carrying a purse around with you.

I am very happy with this case. You get exactly what you pay for, a quality case that will protect your netbook. Just love it.

Pros:
Cheap!
Very well constructed and made of quality materials.
Big zippers are easy to grip and use.
Love the bright Amazon.com orange color on the inside of the bag.

Cons:
Made in China...
3131 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 27, 2015
For the 17.3 Inch Laptop Bag
Nice bag for the price but has it downsides. Shipping and packing was great and no issue with the quality. Downside of the bag is the interior pockets for accessories are flimsy and small. Since they are flimsy and small they don't hold anything. Would be nice if at least one or two of the pockets could be larger and closed by either zipper or Velcro. This would really help with items like a wallet, business cards, pens and pencils, etc. I placed a picture of these pockets with a pen in one of the pockets. As you can see, the pen protrudes out and reaches the top of the bag. When items are placed in these pockets they fall out of their pockets when bag is upside down or on its side.
Overall the bag is well made and of simple design. For carry your laptop, some files, a tablet and some accessories it will suit my needs well. For some who needs something that has more durability due to heavier use, I would look at a different bag then this one.
review image
Size: 7-10 InchesVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case is designed to house one of the diminutive *netbooks*, the mini-version of the laptop computer. It's attractive, compact, and easy to handle and to store... even the zipper tabs are padded and designed to be easy on the fingers. This case stows away very cozily under the front seat of my mid-sized car, (when left in the vehicle for security.)

The exterior is water repellant and there's an additional easy access zipper pouch on one side for your accessories. The protective padded material feels a bit spongy, much like that of a thick diver's wetsuit, but dustballs and pet hair do not seem to cling to it. (I have 9 cats and 3 dogs in the house so it got put to the right away!)

The dual carrying handles are quite durable and flexible, easy on the hands. What else can I say? You'll look very professional and high-tech at the office when you stroll in with this slick little Netbook case. This is a bargain and I highly recommend it.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...