5.0 out of 5 stars Wired up my surround sound!!
Published 14 months ago by S Reese

1.0 out of 5 stars I got short
The wire is great, but I was shorted 20 feet or so. I only got 80 feet. I needed 95 feet to be exact and needed extra 15 feet after done with all this. So I measure it and made sure I didnt cut the cable wrong, and guess what. I got 80 feet and 2 inches.
Published 5 months ago by Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wired up my surround sound!!, May 7, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 Feet (Electronics)
My only regret about this product is that I didn't buy a third roll!! I ran out and had to go spent $32 dollars for a 50' foot roll at a local store!!(I was desperate and wanted to finish wiring up my house...the attic was hot!! LOL) Sad thing is that this wire was cost a lot less and was way better quality than the $32 dollar roll!! Don't waste money on more expensive wire...this stuff is perfect!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for most speaker wire uses, May 22, 2013
The AmazonBasics 16 gauge wiring will be fine for the average user's needs, as long as you keep the length of your run to 50 feet or less. Personally I'd go way less than 50 feet, but that's just me. Otherwise go to a thicker gauge wire like 14 AWG. Yes, this isn't true copper wire, but at this price there's no way it could be 100% copper. It's copper-coated aluminum. My Yamaha speakers sound great with this wire. It's also easy to see the difference in + and - with these, the white wire is definitely discernible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great value., May 30, 2013
So far I don't have any complaints with this wire. Its plastic sheathing hasn't cracked and it was nice and supple. The wire itself is average for what it is. Not really any different than the competitors.

If you have a low end or middle end receiver and speakers this wire will work just fine. It's definitely better than the wire that comes with Home Theaters in a Box. But if you do have a high end receiver and speakers that use a bit of power, skip copper clad wire. It DOES make a difference and if you're spending 700-1k plus on speakers/receiver don't go cheap on the speaker wire. Get pure copper wire for those setups.

If you're like everyone else and can't afford middle to high end systems, this wire is perfect. Just be mindful that you'll probably need a fair bit more than you expect. A 100 foot roll goes FAST, even in small rooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Amazon Basics!, February 24, 2014
Whomever thought up Amazon Basics deserves a raise! I've bought speaker wire, HDMI cables, RCA cables, USB cables. They work flawlessly and are a fraction of the cost of name brand cables. Don't spend your hard earned cash on expensive cables just because they have a fancy name. Amazon Basics cables do the job at a fraction of the cost!

1.0 out of 5 stars I got short, February 13, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not the name that counts, January 1, 2014
Amazon matches quality grade speaker wire that compares with any name brand....and beats prices of their competitors.Works for me and it could work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars decent quality great price, April 5, 2014
although i have over the years been duped into spending way too much on high end speaker cables as I have gotten older and either wiser or maybe just cheaper I have found 16 gauge speaker wire to be as good as spending huge amounts of cash on the more hyped variety such as Kimber Kable ,Monster etc .

I usually buy standard lamp cord but lately i prefer the look of this type of wire because it is easier to get the polarity right ,this is the first time I have purchased the Amazon branded wire and after cutting to length and adding some banana plugs you end up with very good speaker cables at a price that will not bury you .

I am an audio geek so I have a multitude of high end Amplifiers and a totl Yamaha receiver and guarantee if you blind a/b test this wire against my high end speaker cables you will not be able to tell the difference .

16 gauge wire is the sweet spot where if you buy smaller you can tell the difference but any larger is overkill where you end up with diminished returns .

so take the cash you would blow on high end speaker cables and spend it on better speakers where you truly will have difference in sound quality because the placebo effect is overrated......

4.0 out of 5 stars good deal, June 9, 2013
works as expected. heavy gauge wire for long runs does a nice job with my home theater system I recommend this item

4.0 out of 5 stars Know what you're getting, April 11, 2014
Before purchasing, think about your speaker setup. This is lower gauge CCA wire, meaning you probably don't want it for highend/high power systems and long cable runs. If you need to hook up a 1,000 watt sub, the last thing you need to do is cheap out on cable.

That being said, you're going to be hard pressed to find 100ft of 12ga. full copper wiring for <$10, and this seems fine for smaller, lower powered systems. I have a pair of Infinity P163s hooked up temporarily to a 40w/chan. peak Pyle PTA2 and needed some cheap wire. The 50ft. spools were sold out, but the 100ft spools were less than 50 cents more, so why not? And it works beautify for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wire, needs a better roll holder, April 1, 2014
Exceptional quality speaker wire. The roll container that the wire came with is a bit cheap and the end falls off very easy. This makes it difficult to lug around as the wire likes to come shooting off after the end falls off. As far as the wire is concerned, you cant beat it!

AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 Feet