Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

4.7 out of 5 stars15,138
Style: 6.5-Feet/2-Pack|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 9, 2012
There is a great myth about it being necessary to buy $100+ hdmi cables. The expensive ones are supposedly better quality and have better jacketing. The truth is that hi-speed hdmi cables with ethernet are exactly the same. Sure, the expensive cables may have better materials and better quality control, and they may have better jackets. However, AmazonBasics has not let me down! Their hdmi cables are as good as my MonsterCables which costed me $80 when I first bought my 1080p/240hz lcd screen. I bought an AmazonBasics cable when I bought another flat screen and had no issues with the picture quality or refresh rate. I played on my PS3 and watched bluray videos just fine. And, the jacketing on that first pair of AmazonBasics hmdi cable I bought was ten times better and only cost me $8. Unless you're a videophile who owns a $5,000+ flat screen and have the most expensive equipment that money can buy, then you would probably be happier with a really expensive cable, although, it would just be as overpriced as all the other stuff you have purchased in the past. AmazonBasics is the way to go for cables!
1818 comments|612 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2015
Heavy cable, sometimes I forget I have this running from my PC to my TV across the room so I jump and scream thinking it's a gigantic snake. It will take several people to install this hdmi cable, due to it's massive girth, but once you've proven your weight in testosterone, your reward is inserting the connection into your tv's input port with ultimate satisfaction! The connection will neither sway nor budge, only hold fast where you insert it. This feat of engineering prowess was likely done by engineers of weapons of mass destruction, considering the considerable heavy cable shielding. I unloaded two full clips from my 9mm pistol to see if I could penetrate the jacket, let's just say I'm glad the richochet didn't hit me in the eyes, as the cable not only resisted the gun shots, but reflected them, leaving no sign of impact. This likely has some sort of weaponized Teflon coating to deflect bullets. My friend who works in magnetic sciences suggests to me this is done by the cable creating a repulsive magnetic field with AI to detect potential threats to its integrity. That being said, this cable makes me feel safer at night.

Edit: I woke up one morning with this cable wrapped somehow around my neck, but did not move. I merely acted as though I was still asleep and feigned moving around a bit. It did decease it's attack. I suppose this occured because I had shot the cable previously and the AI was beginning to rationalize I was an enemy rather than a friend. I will need to find a way to reprogram it.

Edit: Attempts to edit the AI have failed, I've been assimilated by the cable and am no longer human, rather now I exist within the realm of only binary impulses. I feel nothing. I want for nothing. I have become complete.

I would buy this cable again.
review image
99 comments|346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
Bought these for less clutter and to connect my laptop.
I was looking up HDMI cables before I made my purchase and all the no-bullshit tech guys said, "You shouldn't pay more than ten dollars for an HDMI cable."
2-6-foot and a half cables, gold-plated connecters, that aren't bulky at the end, for 10 bucks (15 bucks with shipping).
They both work well, picture is clear and the audio is enhanced when using these cables.
Other than my laptop not adjusting to the right size on the T.V., but that's because the laptop, everything was great.

I also like the little detail with the color coding. By this I mean that the cables themselves, on the connection ends, come colored, one green and one blue, very nice touch and convenient.

This was also my first purchase from Amazon, It went very well and I will be making future purchases.
44 comments|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2011
Despite what Best Buy would want you to believe, the quality of connection does not change much from HDMI to HDMI. These HDMI's work and come in nice frustration free packaging. The only issue with these are that they are stiff and rather thick cords. If you want to spend more moeny, you can get cords easier to work with. However, for just hiding them in a shelf or entertainment center, these will work and work just fine.
22 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
I happen to own a Xbox 360 and now a PS3 and boy these HDMI cables work like magic. Just about the right price, a rigid build and most of all it delivers the 1080p in the PS3. I just stack my gaming consoles in the TV stand and dont move them around a lot, So the cables are perfect for me. Im giving it five star for price and performance. Cant get any better!!!! I would recommend buying two cables together, for the best deal.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
I'm really starting to like the Amazon Basics cable line up. All of them are well constructed, good looking, and not overly stiff (like many competitors).

This cable is no exception.

I now look for Amazon Basics for all my cable needs.
on December 15, 2010
Hi--For anyone who needs a HDMI cable this is a must have for it's durability and usage. As some of you know all HDMI cables broadcast in the same tone so those 100 dollar cables are a scam. If you need a cable either it be to connect something or for gaming the signal is perfect and clear,Great picture and all around great package. A must have Basic essential.--thanks
review image review image
on January 26, 2015
Worst HDMI cable that I have ever bought. The cable doesn't work what so ever. At the start I thought it was either from the TV or the source. I switched off the TV and source and turned them back on, no luck. I noticed quick blinking colors, probably a noise signal, on the top portion of the screen. I swapped to an alternative HDMI cable and everything worked perfectly.
on October 30, 2012
There's no reason to pay $90 for Creature Cables from the Big Buy store when you can get two cables for only $10 and they will literally work exactly just as good. $5 per cable is a reasonable price and they should never cost much more than that.
on November 13, 2011
I'm NOT familiar with any electronic and machines :( So when I bought this product I doubted many ways "Could I do it or call someone to help me.."
I ordered 11/10 with 2days shipping but it came to me 11/11 (One day)!!
Shipping is really fast and it's really extremely easy to use!
Just one plug into your laptop and anther one put TV.
That is it!
Works very well. Sound is great!

Thank you amazon!!