Features a fast write speed of up to 52X.
Each CD holds 700 MB which
equals up to 80 minutes of audio.
AmazonBasics 700 MB 52X
CD-R 100-Pack Spindle
- Record audio CDs for playback on a CD player
- Share photos with friends and family
- Back up and archive up to 700 MB of data
Make sure your system is compatible: Click here to ensure your CD burner has the proper firmware to handle high-performance CDs.
- Capacity: 700 MB
- Format: CD-R
- Recording speed: 52X
- Recording time: 80 minutes
Warranty: AmazonBasics 1-Year Limited Warranty [PDF]
This spindle of 100 AmazonBasics 52X CD-Rs provides a natural storage solution for music, photos, and important data. Each disc offers a capacity of 700 MB. These CD-Rs support fast write speeds of up to 52X and provide 80 minutes of audio recording time. Having Writing Errors or Can't Burn the CDs?
Most writing errors are likely caused by older or out-of-date firmware on CD burners. For optimum performance, we recommend that you check your CD burner and update the firmware if needed:
CD-R: Quality Media Storage
Users with Stand-alone CD burners
Users with Laptop and PC
- If your system is less than four years old, you likely have a compatible writer and firmware. (If you cannot write to the blank media, ensure that you have a CD writer and not a disc reader.)
- If your system is more than four years old, update your firmware from the PC/Laptop manufacturer's website.
CD-R is a Write-Once format, which means you can read the files many times, but you cannot record over them or edit them. This format is ideal for sharing music, organizing your media library, or archiving important business or personal data. Made of durable materials, these CD-Rs provide a permanent lifetime storage for all those files you want to save. CD-Rs are compatible with most standard CD readers, which means that after you burn your favorite tunes to a CD-R, you can play them back on most home or car stereos. With 700 MB of space on each disc, you can store up to 80 minutes of standard audio, 150 songs in MP3 format, or up to 350 photos (this number varies widely depending on file format and size). 52X Write Speed: Quick and Convenient
AmazonBasics CD-Rs enable fast write speeds up to 52X (burn speed will fluctuate) for quick, clean data transfer. To take full advantage of these speeds, your CD burner must burn at speeds of at least 52X. Consult your computer or CD burner product manual for this information. At 52X, transfer speed translates up to 7.8 Mbps, which means that you can burn a full disc in a minute and a half. Plus, quality construction minimizes errors and improves performance. Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
This AmazonBasics product features Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging that is recyclable. It comes without excess packaging materials such as hard plastic clamshell casings, plastic bindings, or wire ties. The packaging is designed to be opened without the use of a box cutter or knife, and it will protect your product just as well as traditional packaging. Products with Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging can frequently be shipped in their own boxes, without an additional shipping box, saving on resources and reducing waste.
Warranty and Helpful Hints: AmazonBasics 1-Year Limited Warranty [PDF]. If you are having trouble with these discs, click here for the AmazonBasics CD/DVD Helpful Hints Guide [PDF].
What's in the Box: Spindle of 100 52X CD-R discs and warranty card. Quick Steps to Make Sure Your CD Burner is Ready:
For PC users, follow these easy steps:
- Click Start, then right-click Computer/My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Click Hardware if necessary, then click Device Manager.
- Click the + (plus sign) next to CD-ROM drives.
- Right-click your CD drive, then select Properties.
- Click the Details tab and select Device Instance from the drop-down menu. Your driver model and firmware appear in the window below.
Compare the PC driver information against our list of Recommended Firmware Versions. If the drivers are outdated, contact your computer manufacturer or the CD/DVD burner manufacturer to obtain updated firmware and/or drivers.
For Mac users, follow these easy steps:
- Select System Profiler, from the Apple menu.
- Select Disc Burning. The firmware version is displayed on this screen.
Compare the Mac driver information against our list of Recommended Firmware Versions. If the drivers are outdated, contact your computer manufacturer or the CD/DVD burner manufacturer to obtain updated firmware and/or drivers.