Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 1, 2012
I've avoided the big name brands for batteries for a couple of years now unless they were on sale. I never noticed a difference in battery life from any of those other brands (Kirkland, Maxell, etc), but I have noticed that these Amazon Basics batteries just don't last very long. Some examples:

- I replaced the batteries in my wireless mouse in November with Amazon Basics AA. Yesterday (December 31) those batteries died and needed to be replaced again. Normally I go between 1-2 years, but this time I didn't even make 8 weeks.

- My daughter got an LED snowman light at the beginning of December that took 2 AA batteries (used the Amazon batteries). In 4 weeks, I had to replace the batteries 3 times.

- We rarely use our Wii, but I replaced the batteries in my Wii remotes with Amazon batteries at the end of October to play a few games with my daughter. We didn't play again until Christmas day, and the batteries were dead already.

I'm not ready to give up on these yet, but my current experience has not been that good. I got some Duracell AAs on a deal in December, so I am doing some comparisons now.
99 comments|170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2011
Some Amazon Basics items are well worthwhile, this one is not. I use Energizer and Duracell alkalines in my gear (digital camera, GPS, LED headlamp, flashlights (LED and incandescent), and couple of other devices), and thought I'd give these a try. Unfortunately these Amazon Basics AAs are consistently miserable in their longevity compared to the others mentioned. Too bad, seemed like a bargain but is not.

Could be worse, though: they could be DOA or promptly start leaking, but these have not been the case.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
I am using these batteries in my wireless keyboard. The first set died after 6 1/2 weeks of use. Other batteries have lasted up to 6 months.
on April 21, 2011
Batteries are commodities, and "premium" batteries that promise more power at a higher cost seems kinda silly to me. I found out about the Amazon brand of batteries by accident, but I'm glad I did -- The battery life is good, the price is great, and the packagine is easy to open and is completely reclycable. I go through batteries a lot (peripherals for my computers, hand-held devices, etc) so I'm glad I found a set of affordable and dependable batteries. Don't forget to properly recycle your used batteries!
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
I purchase quite a few batteries for our company. Normally, I buy the Maxell or Duracell Procell but, due to the good reviews and lower price, thought I'd give the AmazonBasics a try... big mistake. Immediately, I started hearing complaints from our workers that they were running out almost instantaneously. Of course, since the batteries were not lasting nearly as long as the ones I normally buy, we went through the package much, much quicker. Instead of saving us money, these batteries actually cost more in the long run... plus I had to hear complaints! Will not be purchasing AmazonBasics again.
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2011
I read the reviews so like others I had high hopes for these batteries but they just don't last very long. We have used almost an entire pack of 20 AA in two Wii remotes in less than a month of moderate use. We will be going back to Energizer or better yet a charger for our remotes.
on October 22, 2011
I bought these batteries to power "spooky eyes" that illuminate in household windows for Halloween. I have used these spooky eyes for 3 years now with Duracell batteries. Within 2 days of the same usage as the Duracells, 6 of these batteries died. 4 more died two days later. These batteries are junk. DO NOT BUY!!!!
on February 16, 2012
The life on these batteries is short compared to brand name.
I base this on my wireless mouse as the test vehicle. They
poop out after 3 months compared to 4months of a brand name.
That's 33% more life from a brand name. Bought them 3/11
and would not buy again.
on January 23, 2014
I've been purchasing this product for multiple years. At first, they were a great bargain and they worked so well. Lately, there's been a very noticeable slip in quality. Most of my battery purchases go toward things that use batteries pretty frequently (toys versus a remote where you can never even remember the last time that you needed to change). These used to last as long as any other brand. Now, I don't get a full week with certain toys where I used to get months. My husband has a battery operated razor, and these batteries used to last for weeks. The last time he put fresh batteries into the razor (from a pack that arrived last month), he didn't get to finish shaving before they died. Boom, not even one full use (versus lasting for weeks before). This is such a bummer because I'm a huge fan of Amazon. While these are cheaper, they aren't actually that much cheaper than I have been able to find Duracell or Energizer in bulk packs...add a coupon when I can find one and I can get brand name batteries within pennies of the cost of Amazon's (even with S&S 20% discount). Given that we are blasting through batteries lately, I'd say the cost savings of Amazon batteries is long since out the window. I'm done with these.
on September 20, 2013
These batteries died either almost immediately or were dead before I could even TRY And use them. You'd be better off going to the dollar store. While I do not expect them to work like energizer or another more expensive name brand, I would expect them to at least be mediocre- and the were not even that. Do not waste your time buying these. It will be more effort to scramble for another set that actually works. 2 thumbs down.