16,584 Reviews
 (1,196)
 (1,357)

1,092 of 1,155 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Works 100% with iPhone 5
Kudos to Amazon for being first-to-market with a cheaper alternative to the Apple branded cord. There's no reason you should not buy this cord. In fact, I personally prefer the black cord to Apple's white. Also, it works with Apple's wall plug.

Published on January 15, 2013 by Jordan Crackers

1.0 out of 5 stars it melted and it broke my phone!
Pls refer to the pictures. This charger melted and it ruined my phone. This says it is apple certified but this is carp! Now I am out of sub cable and my new IPhone 5s! Please, save the money towards a real apple usb! I posted pics so you can see.
Published 9 months ago by TM

1,092 of 1,155 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Works 100% with iPhone 5, January 15, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) - Black (Electronics)

The ONLY thing I could possibly think of that would be a deterrent is that the lightning plug end is slightly fatter (on the black part) than the original Apple cord's version. So if you are squeezing your Apple cord between somthing to get to the phone, then this might not make it through. That being said, I have an OtterBox Defender case on my iPhone 5 and it fits without any problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars it melted and it broke my phone!, April 30, 2014

972 of 1,073 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying oversight, January 16, 2013
The quality of the cable is very good and will work as advertised. The problem really stems from the 'Lightning' side of the cable; simply the cable is too large for many iPhone 5 cases. The plug is a fine fit, but the black casing for the plug will hit into most cases, requiring you to take the case off in order to charge the phone. I am rather disappointed with this oversight, not sure if I will return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple approved, December 31, 2012
This cable is Apple approved and uses a Lightning connector that is 100% identical to the original cable's plug. It is made of one solid continuous metal shielding and looks and feels exactly like the original one. However, the black encasing is bulkier, being wider, thicker and also longer than its Apple counterpart. The cable is the exact same length as the Apple cable and works perfectly with my iPhone 5. For $5 less I'll pick this cable up any day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yep, believe the negative reviews, December 27, 2013
BT (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
Other reviewers have said the cables come apart, the cord pulling away from the plug. I figured people were pulling on the wire itself rather than the plug, so I ordered two.

It turns out the negative reviews were right. Even though I've never pulled the cable itself, both of mine have come apart at the phone connector side. The cable sheathing isn't sealed or glued to the plug end at all. I'm disappointed that Amazon would put their name on this low quality, poorly made cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why can't they make a reliable cable that'll last?, September 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I purchased both the 3' and the 6' one day before I was able to get another 6' via the Vine program. The way it's been as of late, more is better than one, since lately, cables tend to have a limited life span. These 3 cables replaced the original Apple cable that came with the Ipod Touch 5, which died after only a month.

The first cable (6') received was purchased. It was used for 2 weeks, when the wire mysteriously seemed to separate or melt away from the connector, leaving exposed wires, on the device end, not the USB end. While the cable still works, there is no way I am keeping this cable, since it is now a fire hazard. The item was boxed up and is being returned, with 1 day to spare. Exchange/reorder isn't an option, since the item is "under review".

The third cable (6') received was obtained via Vine. It was used for 1 week, and the same thing happened!

The second cable (3') received was purchased. It is currently being used. The main reason I purchased these cables was because they have a one year warranty, which I'm fully expecting to need to use.

Customer image attached to product listing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Thought Out, January 3, 2013
The AmazonBasics Lightening cable won't plug in to the phone with the AmazonBasics case on! The plastic on the connector is too wide. You would think that the folks engineering this stuff would take their own case into consideration when creating a new product. Disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gold Finger Connections Come Off After Usage, August 20, 2013
Bought 2 of these in February, first one failed in June when it just stopped charging the phone. Upon close examination, one of the gold connection fingers on the lightning side connector was discolored black and appears to have been rubbed or flaked off the connector. By flipping the connector over, it would still charge the phone, but I was concerned the other side would do the same thing so I returned that cable under warranty in June. Now the 2nd cable is doing the same exact thing. I still have the original Apple cable that came with the phone and have not had any issue whatsoever with it. Since not many reviews are complaining about this issue, I may have just gotten a bad batch of cables. The good news is Amazon is refunding my payment for the 2nd cable, but they would not send a replacement. I guess they think I'm doing bad things to their cables!!

December 2013 update: Now the wire on the lighting side is starting to Fray on one of the cables!! I am very disappointed with the quality of these cables. In the meantime the original Apple cable that came with my phone is working flawlessly. I noticed the genuine Apple cable is now only $4 more on Amazon...for my money it's a no brainer to go with the genuine cable...

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable starting melting and smoking while plugged into my ipad, October 20, 2014
I do not recommend this cable at all. When it first arrived, I was very pleased with it. It charged my ipad quickly and the cable was very long. 2 weeks later, we smelled smoke and realized it was coming from this cable that was charging my ipad. The end plugged into my ipad was smoldering and melting. I'm really hoping this did not ruin my ipad. My ipad is completely dead so I have no way of knowing at the moment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a month, February 26, 2014
Worked great for about a month - loved the longer length! - but then I started getting a "not supported" message whenever I plugged it into my phone, and it wouldn't charge.