5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard
It's a bit smaller than Apple's wireless keyboard but still easy to type on. Comes with 2 AAA batteries. Has a physical on/off switch and also a button to push for paring. Would be great if it came in white color. Works great on my iPhone and PC.

****Update Dec. 8****
Published on December 5, 2011 by debugy2k

Note: I have been using this keyboard for 1 week.

Published on July 11, 2012 by Chad Brandon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, December 5, 2011
This review is from: AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, New iPad Mini, iPhone (Black) (Personal Computers)

****Update Dec. 8****
Since many people are asking: It works with any bluetooth enabled device that supports HID (which 99% of the devices out there supports already). I have tested it with iPad 2, iPhone 4S, Windows 7 laptop, Macbook Pro, Blackberry Playbook and Asus Transformer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect keyboard for any tablet, smartphone or PC, May 21, 2012
Swapnil Bhartiya (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:36 Mins

I recently purchased this keyboard to work as my companion while I am travelling. I also wanted a second keyboard for my second PC which I mainly use for writing. I am an Android user and I wanted a keyboard which comes with most of those keys which I can use with any system -- mainly UNIX-based Ubuntu. This keyboard had an edge over any other keyboard because it has the function keys and the media keys. The keys are spread out well so you don't struggle. This video is about my experience with the keyboard. This is my first review :-)

AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad,iPhone(Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT little keyboard for use with smartphones & tablet computers, December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A few months ago I got my first smart phone and really HATE typing on glass. This small bluetooth keyboard was offered to me in the Vine newsletter and I picked it to see if I'd enjoy using it, and if it would fit easily in my briefcase. YES on both counts.

Overall Size: 4.5 inches "deep" when sitting on a flat surface in front of you and about 10.5 inches "long." To visualize this, you could set two of those on on a sheet of 8.5" x 11.0" paper and have some white paper still showing.

Size of Keys: Each of the main keys (A through z; 1 through 9; enter/return; shift; capslock; control; command)is almost exactly the same size as the top portion of the keys on my Thinkpad T420s laptop and the spacing between them is about the same. The only difference is that this little keyboard's keys have flat sides at a 90 degree angle to the tops of them whereas my laptop's keys have sides that slope down so that the bottoms of the keys almost touch each other. The F1 through F12 keys are about half the size of the ones on my laptop which isn't an issue as I don't use them often. The left and right arrow keys are a decent size and the up and down keys are about 50% as big as the up and down keys - which isn't important to me.

Weight: very lightweight, even with the two batteries (which came with it - and I always appreciate that).

Functionality
1. The keys don't have that cheap "empty" feeling when they are depressed
2. The underside of the keyboard is thicker under the F1 through F12 keys so there is a slight angle to the keyboard but not enough to make it bulky.
3. The on/off sliding piece on the bottom clicks firmly in the on or off position - this thing won't get accidentally turned on in my briefcase or a tote bag and drain the battery prematurely.
4. I've never used a bluetooth accessory before so I had to look at the instructions but it was very easy to get it to connect to my iPhone 4.
5. The instructions include a page with an image of the keyboard and lines that lead to words that tell you what each of the top row (F1 through F12) keys does. I used scissors to cut out this picture and then used wide clear packing tape to tape it onto the underside of the keyboard so I will always have it with me as a reference. And no, dong this does not cover up the battery compartment.
6. Here is a list of the what the function keys do:
Note: the first key on the top left is the escape key, as you would expect. Then the F keys start.
F1: Home F2: Search F3: Previous/rewind F4: Play/Pause F5: Fast forward/next track F6: Mute F7:Decrease volume F8: Increase volume F11: Battery indicator (blinks when battery is low) F12: Connection indicator Next button has an image of a keyboard on it and is to show/hide the keyboard on the device you are using it with.
7. That last button described is great - Last night I was sitting in a restaurant and had my phone propped up using a rabbit portable stand and had the keyboard on the table. When I clicked the keyboard button with an image of a keyboard on it, the keyboard showing on my phone disappeared - leaving me with TWICE as much room on the phone to be able to see words as I typed them!

Given how lightweight it is, I'll keep it in my briefcase and if on the weekends I go anywhere and take a tote with me I'll drop it into the tote. The ONLY thing that I'd do to improve it is to sell it with a think nylon sleeve to slide it into before putting it in my briefcase or tote.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfortable to type on, easy to pair, but low quality manufacturing, April 7, 2012
UPDATE (09/16/2012)
I just bumped my rating up from 3 stars to 4. The warping issue I mention in the review was corrected (see explanation below) and I use this keyboard almost daily with no issues. I'm very tough in how I rate tech devices, and because I nit-pick, this device did fall short of hopes and expectations. It's definitely not as well constructed as the Apple Bluetooth keyboard, but at half the price, it's a fine alternative and I'm happy with my purchase.

Original review:

After reading several great reviews about this keyboard, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I've owned mine for about 3 or 4 weeks now, and have used it pretty much every day since, switching frequently between my iPhone 4S and iPad 2. It is pretty comfortable to type on and pairing it back and forth between two difference devices hasn't been a problem at all.

Device Pairing
Repeated use with the same device, it remembers the device and pairs on its own when powered up and starting to type. Switching devices is as easy as making sure the computing device is in discovery mode and then pushing the "connect" button on the keyboard. A 4-digit code pops up on the device. Enter it and hit ENTER/RETURN, and you're paired.

Comfort
For a compact keyboard, it's pretty comfortable to type on. The keys are flat and shallow to press, which is standard for compact keyboards, bluetooth or not. If you've ever typed on a compact keyboard before and felt comfortable doing so, this should feel just as comfortable. It is slightly smaller than a standard keyboard, in terms of the square size of the keys and overall width of the keyboard from left most key to right, but it hasn't been trouble for me to switch back and forth between this one and a full size computer keyboard. I can touch type on it with minimal accidental key presses.

Style and Color
I like the black color of the keyboard - black has always been an attractive color for me and it's less likely to show dirt and grime. The white lettering of the keys is a bit faint compared to other keyboards of the same color scheme. The white lettering isn't as easy to see in environments that are not as well lit, when a full size keyboard with white lettering on black keys has been easy to read in the same conditions. It really should have brighter white lettering on the keys. Additionally, the glossy finish (of the non-key surface) will reveal scrapes, scuffs, grease smears and fingerprints. It's a stylistic choice that I don't care for, but if you're into glossy tech and don't mind some fingerprints and smears, then it shouldn't be any worse here.

Manufacturing and Durability
For a $20 compact Bluetooth keyboard, this really isn't too bad. The problem is that I paid $40 for it, which makes it harder to overlook its manufacturing shortcomings. My keyboard came warped. It doesn't sit perfectly flat on a flat surface. The upper right corner doesn't make contact with the surface, which causes some unwanted vibration when typing. It's not much, but it is noticeable and at when viewed at an angle, the upper right "leg" pad clearly isn't making contact with the surface. Because the keyboard is bendable (not as a feature, but because of materials it is made of), I've tried to un-warp it by bending it in the opposite direction for periods of time. This helps for a while, but over time it slowly returns to its not quite flat seating position. I seem to have minimized the gap, but it's still there and does annoy me a bit. When seated on a cloth surface, such as our dining room table that has a nice table cloth on it, there is no vibrate to typing and the experience is better for it.

MANUFACTURING UPDATE (09/16/2012)
I should mention that I was able to correct the warping of the keyboard by using small weights to hold it in a twisted position opposite the warp. Doing this overnight for a couple of weeks corrected the warp to the extent that I don't notice it anymore. It's something that shouldn't have needed to be done, but it did the trick.

Final Thoughts
The keyboard not sitting perfectly flat, with all four pads touching the surface, when seated on a flat surface is my biggest gripe about the keyboard. I've been able to minimize it, but I shouldn't have had to try to un-warp the keyboard.

Occasionally, the first letter typed after a short pause will result in a doubling of the letter. It doesn't happen often, but is a little annoying.

The "DELETE" key does not function as it should on a Mac or PC keyboard. It does the exact same thing as the BACK SPACE, deleting characters to the left of the cursor, rather than to the right. This may be a property of iOS and not the keyboard. I haven't tried it on a full computer, so I'm not sure. It's not a big deal to me.

I like that the F1 key is also the "Home" key for iOS devices. It comes in very handy and I use it often, as I tend to switch between apps a lot for reference when doing a lot of writing. Other useful keys include a mute button, volume up and down, play/pause, and show/hide (onscreen virtual) keyboard. These are all along the top row as double-purpose F keys.

It doesn't feel as solid or nearly as well crafted as the official Apple Bluetooth keyboard, nor is it as attractive (even though I prefer black to gray or silver), but it's still comfortable to type on and not a bad option. The Apple Bluetooth keyboard is definitely more of a premium product with a superior feel, constructed better, etc. (I played with one at an Apple store), but it also comes with a premium price tag (about $30 more), so it depends on what you're comfortable paying for a compact, Bluetooth keyboard. The Amazon Basics Bluetooth keyboard *does* fall short of my expectations in regard to its somewhat shoddy manufacturing for a $40 device, but it's not bad. I'm being a bit more harsh on it because of price point. I feel it should have been better built and easily *could* have for that price. All in all, I've been using mine very frequently since it arrived and I enjoy typing on it... when it's not bouncing slightly because not all 4 of the pads are in contact with the table surface.

Used for the Review
This review was typed on my Amazon Basics Bluetooth keyboard. Any type-o's left uncorrected are likely the result of me just not catching them and not because of the keyboard doing unexpected things. Aside from the ocassional double-letter, its otherwise worked flawlessly for me so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has more uses than I imagined, December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use my smartphone for business almost like a laptop, especially when away from my desktop computer. The problem with laptops is they are too cumbersome to carry everywhere and my phone does almost everything a laptop will do. There is one drawback though, and that is that the virtual keyboard used on touchscreen phones is suitable only for very short messages. And business emails usually end up being anything but short. A physical keyboard is what made the Blackberry so popular with the business segment of the market.

A tablet doesn't solve the problem, as they still have a virtual keyboard and a netbook is still too large to carry everywhere. When I finally do decide which tablet to get, the combination of this keyboard and the tablet will eliminate the need to ever carry a laptop again.

This mini Bluetooth keyboard fills a big need for me. Although I don't take it everywhere, it is easily compact enough to take with me when I know I will be using my phone for emails remotely. It is small, light and has good tactile feedback. And the keys are spaced well enough to touch type effortlessly.

I find now that I am grabbing it to use to type longer text messages when I'm at home, to compose emails and use for short word processing documents so I don't have to fire up my computer after hours.

It paired instantly with my phone and every app that uses a keypad instantly recognizes it. Since I use a lot of numbers in work documents it is head and shoulders above shifting from text to numbers on a smartphone.

You may notice I didn't say "iPhone" but rather smartphone. Although Amazon refers to it as an iPhone/iPad product it works perfectly with my HTC phone.

I consider the build quality to be very good. I have yet to be disappointed in a Amazon Basics product. The keyboard uses 2 ordinary AAA batteries and has a couple of status lights built in to some of the keys to indicate when Bluetooth is paired and when the batteries need replacement. Wisely, they don't stay lit continuously.

I also like that Amazon has chosen to include BOTH Windows and Apple keys, a very nice touch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for distances 10' or less. Terrible for anything beyond that., July 11, 2012
Note: I have been using this keyboard for 1 week.

*****UPDATE 9/17/12: I think I have figured out what is causing the lag delay and connectivity issues. I purchased this keyboard in part to use on my coffee table and on my lap while using my computer as an HTPC running XBMC on a 55" HDTV. I've just noticed that when using the keyboard on the coffee table, these issues are minimal or non existent. However, when I lean back on the couch and use the keyboard on my lap, the issues are amplified 100 fold seemingly. So I think this is an issue of Bluetooth range, which is quite disappointing since I'm only about 12' away when leaning back on the couch, and will ultimately lead me to return this if Amazon will accept it and look for a keyboard with greater range.

This is a pretty disappointing discovery because it is a quality of hardware issue, or a firmware issue which is quite unlikely to get any attention from Amazon. Therefore I'm going to reduce this review to 3 stars and change the title fore a more accurate depiction. I guess I'll be looking at the new Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard (U6R-00001), HP Spectre, and Logitech 920-003390 Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0 Plus designed for tablet use.*****

*****UPDATE 9/14/12: I have now been using this keyboard for about 2 months and feel I need to update the CONNECTIVITY section below, as well as add a new section, titled LAG...*****

I stumbled upon this keyboard while looking for alternatives to the Apple Wireless Keyboard MC184LL/B [NEWEST VERSION]. I have a Apple MacBook Air MC965LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) which I use for creative work, and a custom built PC which I use for file and media management and serving. Therefore it was important to me to find a wireless keyboard that would work well with both the Mac and the PC.

I'm a big fan of Apple's industrial design. It's very sleek and sexy, but I'm not a big fan of Apple's utility compared to most PC alternatives. Unfortunately the Apple Wireless Keyboard falls directly into this love/hate relationship. It looks sleeker than anything else out there in my opinion, but its keys are not ideally laid out for both Mac and PC use. Also, in my opinion $70 is a bit steep for a wireless keyboard, though in fairness it's very well built and looks incredible.

Before purchasing this keyboard, I also looked at the Samsung Series 7 Bluetooth Compact Wireless Keyboard. I saw it at the Microsoft store at my local mall and thought it was a pretty good looking alternative. However, when I saw the $80 price tag I had to laugh. Samsung seems to misunderstand their position in the market in my opinion. Charging $10 over Apple's price for a comparable product seems like a losing proposition, but that's up to them. If it were $10 cheaper than Apple's keyboard, I probably would have bought it and never would have come across this AmazonBasics keyboard.

So on the to the feedback of this AmazonBasics keyboard...

VERY COMPACT

This thing is smaller than Apple's keyboard which can be seen in the customer image gallery. I'm 6'1" but have relatively small hands so this is not an issue for me, though if you have large hands you very well may feel pretty cramped by this keyboard.

OVERALL COMFORT

This keyboard is replacing the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 in my set up. These two keyboards are about as different as two keyboards can be from one another. The Microsoft keyboard is much more comfortable for me to use when typing for a long duration. It's probably the most comfortable keyboard I've ever used. I sometimes get wrist pain when typing for long periods of time on normal keyboards, however I've never experienced even a twinge of pain with the Microsoft keyboard. Unfortunately though, it simply takes up too much desk space in my current set up. I need something very compact as my desk space is currently limited.

I'm typing this review on the AmazonBasics keyboard, and it is comparable to just about any other standard keyboard I have used. It's not particularly comfortable, but not particularly uncomfortable either. I've got it stacked on a Wacom Intuos5 Touch Medium Pen Tablet (PTH650), using the bottom of the Wacom tablet as a palm rest, which is surprisingly comfortable actually. Considering what I've gained in space savings, it's worth the trade off in comfort for me.

KEY SHAPE & TRAVEL

Keys travel just enough, and are just firm enough to give some tactile response, yet stay low profile. I've used a few Lenovo laptops for work, most recently the Lenovo ThinkPad T420 4177RVU 14-Inch LED Notebook - Core i5 i5-2450M 2.5GHz 320GB HDD 4GB DDR3 - Matte Black, and have always been happy with their keyboards. In fact, I would say I probably prefer Lenovo's more traditional cupped keys over Apple's flat chiclet style keyboards. This AmazonBasics keyboard has flat chicklet style keys, yet the size, spacing, and travel all seem very well balanced. Not unintuitively spaced, and not mushy to the touch. At first I thought I might miss the backspace button or the shift key because I wouldn't be used to the spacing, but that hasn't been the case.

KEY LAYOUT

As you can see in the product description, this keyboard has keys labeled for both Mac and PC use. This is a blessing and a curse. It's great to have keys perfectly mapped for each platform, but it also means that the keys are not in the exact places they would be compared to a keyboard made for either platform exclusively. For example at the bottom left, the FN, CONTROL, ALT/OPTION, COMMAND keys are laid out just like on my MacBook Air, but not like on my Microsoft keyboard. At the bottom right, the COMMAND, ALT/OPTION, CONTROL and ARROW keys are not laid out as they are on either my MacBook Air or my Microsoft keyboard. So there are a few things that will likely take a bit of getting used to.

HOTKEYS

There are hotkeys for some additional functionality which are nice. They are different than hotkeys on my MacBook Air and different than those on my Microsoft keyboard. However, the hotkeys I use most frequently are there: Search, Play/Pause, Previous Track, Next Track, Mute, Volume Up, Volume Down. All work great.

RIGID FRAME

This thing is made of plastic, however it's quite solid. This was probably my biggest concern when ordering this item. Compared to the Apple keyboard with is made of aluminum and feels perfectly rigid, this plastic keyboard would have to be noticeably more flexible, or even mushy, right? WRONG. It is surprisingly solid. There is absolutely zero flex in the middle of the keyboard that I can detect, and it is perfectly stable on my desk. Awesome for this price.

CONNECTIVITY

My PC does not have bluetooth built in so I needed to buy and adapter. I purchased the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter - Version 4.0 (Newest Bluetooth Version Available) Class 2 Smart Ready Adapter w/ Low Energy Technology - Windows 7 32/64 Compatibleat the same time as this keyboard. I plugged the adapter in without installing any special drivers or software. Windows 7 Pro 64 recognized it, installed drivers and when I turned the keyboard on everything worked perfectly.

The only issue I have come across is that when I leave the set up for long enough that the computer goes to sleep, or the keyboard goes to sleep (in order to save battery), it requires pressing a button first to wake the keyboard up, then I can begin typing. If I don't hit the key to wake everything up first, even if it's just the keyboard, the first and sometimes second or third keystroke will be missed. This is not a bit issue for me. I just hit the space bar to wake the keyboard up first. Problem solved.

*****UPDATE 9/14/12: WRONG! Problem not solved. I have now noticed that not only do I need to hit the space bar or another button first, sometimes I need to hit it as many as 4 or 5 times. I'm not sure what's going on here, and honestly don't care to troubleshoot it too much. Lazy? Quite possibly, but I'd just prefer it worked better. Additionally...

LAG

Yes, I feel there needs to be an entire section of the review dedicated to this. It is not at all uncommon for the letters on screen to pop up just a bit after I type them. And if I really get going, it's also not uncommon for the text to simply stop showing up until I stop typing. After a second or two, the text will show up. Also, sporadically when typing, a string of letters will appear as though I just held down the button on a letter. For example I might be typing and then all of a sudden thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhis happens.

It's hard for me to imagine these are system related issues since my system, while not exactly new (Core 2 Quad, 8GB RAM, SSD), it's also not slow enough to warrant delays from a keyboard. Additionally, my wired keyboard never suffered these issues, however I will admit without the resolve to properly troubleshoot the issue I could be wrong. I also can't comment on whether or not these issues are common to all Bluetooth keyboards, as this is the only one I've every used at length, but they're certainly present on this one.*****

IPAD USE

I don't have an iPad, so I can't comment on this, but there is a hotkey mapped for the the iOS home button.

BANG FOR BUCK

As you'll see, at the time of this review, this keyboard is substantially cheaper than the Apple and Samsung alternatives. Unless you simply must have Samsung's black aluminum and black key aesthetic, or the silver aluminum and white key aesthetic of the Apple keyboard to match your office's or home's decor, this is a fantastic little keyboard at a much better price.

Long winded review, but hope it helped! Gave it 5 stars because for the price I believe it delivers the desired functionality, aesthetic, as well as great value.

*****UPDATE 9/14/12: I had to knock a star off of this review due to the lag and connectivity issues which have become so apparent that the user experience is degraded noticeably. My impression is that it's still a great keyboard, but not 5 star worthy.*****

4.0 out of 5 stars A really pleasant surprise, January 25, 2012
When I went on vacation this past Christmas, I decided that I wasn't going to take my MBP, and just bring my iPad. I figured in this situation, a bluetooth keyboard was going to be mandatory. I gave this one a shot, and have been very happy. I'm fairly picky when it comes to keyboards; I have to have good tactile feedback, or I can't type reliably. They keyboard on the Macbook Pro is simply the best I've ever used. The AmazonBasics keyboard is very near that level when it comes to feel and ease of use. I fiind that I don't mind at all doing long form writing, and actually prefer the feel to many desktop keyboards. They key layout isn't perfect--I'm not a fan of the arrow keys being 2 large keys for left and right and two half-size keys for up and down for instance--but perfectly servicable for such a portable device. There can be some Bluetooth connection lag if the keyboard has been idle for a while, but I find that I just instinctively hit the shift key when I pick it up, and a moment later it's ready to go.

I'm quite happy. I take the keyboard with me wherever I take the iPad now, and it has held up just fine. In over a month of steady use, the 3 AAA batteries that came with it are still holding strong.

Update: Feb 13 2012: Still loving this keyboard. Works great, and has held up well. I did just have a weird quirk. All of the sudden, several keys along the middle of the keyboard stopped working. I ended up deleting the device on the iPad and repairing it, and everything seems fine.

Update: Feb 17 2012: Well, it seems my quirk was actually a failing keyboard. A couple days after I had the issue mentioned above, it came back, but this time repairing didn't fix it. It appears that 2 columns of keys have failed in the middle of the keyboard.

THE GOOD NEWS though is that Amazon customer service completely blew my mind. I started a chat to have the item replaced. The rep offered to send me a new one overnight. I was prepared to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the keyboard replaced, but the rep just immediately offered to send a new one. It was all taken care of in less than 5 minutes.

Great job Amazon, I'm impressed.

Update: Nov 29 2012: My replacement has been running great since February. Very happy with this keyboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good.., February 1, 2012
I was mainly looking for a keyboard that I could use with BOTH my ipad and sony laptop.

I have been using it for two days now. At first glance, I was afraid that the keyboard would be too small, but as I started typing with it, I noticed that the size of the keys and their placement are just slightly smaller than a Sony Laptop. Hard to believe, but I think its true. Granted, it is a little more difficult, but nothing that discourages me from using it instead of a wired keyboard.

LAPTOP COMPATIBILITY
I have my office desk set up with an over-sized monitor while the laptop sits tucked away on the floor plugged into it. I had a wired keyboard connected to my laptop, but the keyboard was ancient and I hate wires going everywhere. If you don't have a blue tooth laptop, don't worry. I purchased a bluetooth thumbstick that basically allows the laptop to perform tasks as though it did. I am not sure this works on every laptop, but it does with the Sony. The only complaint I have on the laptop area is that I cant get the keyboard to re-connect to the laptop. I can do this with other devices on my laptop, but the keyboard doesn't for now. It may be something on my end perhaps. I am about to research that, but for now, I have to delete the device in control panel and quickly reinstall each time I switch it from ipad to laptop.

KEYBOARD WITH IPAD
I only have two small complaints on the keyboard itself. Even though it may be unique to me, the lack of a "CAPS LOCK" light that shows CAPS LOCK is on is a bother. I learned to type using the caps lock instead of the shift key, and the indicator light always lets me know whether it is on or off while fixing to type. My other complaint is the lack of controls for the ipad screen itself while on the web. I havent figured out a way to use the arrow keys to move down a page while viewing or press the back key for the previous web page. If I am missing it, someone let me know. Perhaps it is an Apple issue, but it would be really nice if you could scroll down a webpage instead of having to reach out and touch it repeatedly. However, if those are the biggest issues I face, then I will be happy.

BY THE WAY, dont make the same mistake I did and assume that the "AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics" actually fits the keyboard inside of it. It doesn't. I am not sure why it is displayed in the suggestion criteria for products to buy along with the keyboard, but it is. I am fixing to return mine. If you closely look at the dimensions, it is several inches to short to fit the keyboard inside of it. Its a shame, because the travel case seems great, but its just a bit too small to carry the keyboard inside. And by the way...I typed this entire thing with the keyboard with little errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far, I've successfully connected and used the keyboard with an iPhone 3GS, an iPod Touch 4th Generation, and a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 laptop with Bluetooth enabled. It pairs quickly and easily after typing in a code as prompted by the device it's pairing with.

The range is astounding! I had a friend walk across the block with her iPod Touch while I typed on the keyboard. I estimate that it was working perfectly for 125ft before we ran out of room and gave up. That was a straight line without any obstructions, so we tested it out inside the house through multiple layers of walls - it still worked perfectly.

Some potential issues:
- The keyboard stays on unless you turn it off with a sliding switch on the back. How good are you at remembering to turn it off every time so that the battery doesn't run out prematurely?

- A few times, the keyboard seems to have gotten stuck on a key. Not physically on the keyboard itself, but it seems to be sending the same signal to the paired device. This happened when using the search function on the iPod Touch. The last letter that was input would repeat continuously until the keyboard was switched off. The glitch would go away when turned back on.

- The instruction booklet is rather barebones. While there is enough information to pair it with devices, there is a lot more to this keyboard than is documented.

I'm still familiarizing myself with all the features, and will update this review after a bit more use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size and backspace key, February 29, 2012
I love the feel and quality of this keyboard so far but, it has 2 minor flaws.

For me a small size increase would be incredibly helpful, not of the keys but a little more space inbetween them. this would allow those of us with a little wider hand spans to type comfortably, typing feels a little bit closterphobic.

As well in office suite pro, whenever I press the back-space button, the app times out, I'm not quite sure if it is a application fault or the keyboar, but it doesn't happen without the keyboard paired.

Other wise the keyboard is nice and solid, I honestly prefer the plastic its cheap, it aint sharp, and it is a tidy little keyboard, with a little getting used to the size this may be the perfect way to work on the go with a android tablet.

Edit:

a small but possibly repairable problem; every time I let the keyboard sit for a minute or two, it disconnects and causes my browser to reload the page, this is bearable, but annoying.