5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful case for any small camcorder
I just received this case in the mail and I am quite pleased. It is small, black and compact. Yet, it has many nice features that most will love. It comes with both an optional shoulder strap and loops that you can use to secure this to a belt. If you use the belt option, the zippers open toward you for extra security. There are three compartments that you can use to...
Published on June 22, 2010 by Madelyn Pryor

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than described
In many ways, this is a decent bargain. It appears to be well-made and sturdy, and the inside pocket is well-padded. It would be nice if there were more mesh pockets, but that's not such a big deal. My big complaint is the size. Amazon says the bag's dimensions are 7.9 x 4 x 5.7 in. My measurements come out to 6.9 x 4 x 5.4 in, and the length of the inner pocket is...
Published on August 25, 2010 by Becca Bee

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tight fit for Canon SX50 HS and other superzoom cameras, November 20, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Bag for Camcorders and Large P&S Cameras (includes strap) (Camera)
Great small bag. Not much room in main compartment for more than a large camera, but there are three pockets. I had charger in one, two spare batteries in another, cleaning cloth and business cards in the third. A real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for an Olympus E-PL5, October 17, 2013
This incredibly compact case fits the Olympus E-PL5 perfectly with the kit 14-42 mm lens and square hood attached. There is additional room to the side (if you place the camera body perpendicular to the plane of the bag's top lid) to place an additional (pancake) lens, a strap, or the flash. There's room in the front for relatively flat additional items (SD cards, filters, etc.), and room on each side for at least one spare battery. In short, this is the ideal case for someone who wants a small case into which he or she doesn't have to squeeze the camera (i.e., it's what the Olympus case supposedly designed for this camera should have been). Build quality appears good, save for the rubbery zipper pulls, which are easily replaced.

1.0 out of 5 stars I suspect this was returned by another dissatisfied customer, August 12, 2013
M. Hawkins "Mary Jane" (Trotwood, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I should have heeded the warning of others who said this bag was too small...much smaller than it appears. And it has the nerve to have a divider in the main compartment. LOL I took the precaution to measure my camera against the product size indicated. My camera won't fit in this bag.

I believe this bag was a return, because there was no shoulder strap as indicated and the packaging had already been opened. I would say it is poor quality because it is not cut and/or sewn evenly. I don't know the quality of the zippers. The pulls on the zippers have a nice Amazon logo on them, but if I were Amazon, I'd be ashamed to put my name on this bag.

To me, it isn't worth the trouble to return. I'll just throw it in my box of stuff for the Goodwill. Maybe they can sell it for 50 cents. I'm really disappointed in Amazon for selling something as new and mailing it to me. My trust of Amazon has taken a plunge. I'm off to the store (with my camera) to find a suitable bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, December 15, 2012
This bag is just about the perfect size for my Nikon P510. The zipper pulls have a nice rubber coating and the bag has plenty of pockets for batteries etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, December 15, 2012
I really love this bag. It fits my equipment very well with mesh pockets to see items easily in the bag. I could not be happier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bag for my Camcorder, December 9, 2012
After looking a number of different types of camcorder bags I opted for this one. The bag is excellent in terms of built quality and a value for money. The only place of improvement I found is the space. To me it should be little bit more spacious. I use to keep camcorder's battery unattached while it is not in operation so need to put it separately in the bag. Also, I need to put the charger in the same bag. I think that it's design may be refined to accommodate these things properly while maintaining the same compact shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right., July 10, 2012
I have an acuatic camera (Coleman 5MP) with several accesories, everything fits perfectly, excellent size, with shoulder strap, includes a cushion divider, highly recommended for any point and shot camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, well-designed bag for small electronics, March 22, 2012
I purchased this bag a year ago for use with a Flip Mino camcorder. It has seen constant use since then, and it is still essentially in new condition with no signs of wear. It has also seen duty as a carrying case for an iPod Touch, and it handles that well, too.

The bag uses very substantial vinyl material with very solid seams. The main compartment can accommodate both a power adapter and a small camcorder. It has other zippered compartments that hold cables, ear buds, supplemental lens, and similar stuff. The shouldER strap makes it very easy to just sling this over a shoulder while leaving both hands free, so you can carry this while also using your camcorder.

The overall attention to materials and construction is very similar to what I see on Case Logic products, but the relatively low price tends to undercut Case Logic's pricing. All in all, this is a real bargain. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for regular camera, but not for SLR, March 20, 2012
This product is just like the product specification. It's handy and has enough space for standard cameras. But not at all recommended for SLR/DSLR. Those will not fit into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with this, September 16, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this bag. AmazonBasics has not let me down yet. Cheap and high quality.

The handle is cushy and covered in a spandex-like material (maybe neoprene?) and feels very sturdy. The bag itself is well padded and soft inside and sturdy as well. Inside the main compartment is a divider that is movable (velcro).

The main compartment opens via a zipper that runs along the back of the top of the bag. From the pic it looks like you open that big flap to open the main compartment. In reality that flap just provides more padding to the front of the bag, and lifts up to reveal a small zipper pocket on the front of the bag under the flap. This pocket has a mesh pocket inside, which will hold stuff down or for organization.

So there's the main compartment, the above mentioned little pocket in the front under the flap, and 2 more pockets: a small pocket on each side. I find these useful for those little remotes for cameras or memory cards or even batteries.

The bag comes with an optional adjustable shoulder strap and has loops on the back for putting it on a belt. I like having those options.

If I arrange things well, I can fit my Sony HDR-UX20 camcorder, the entire AC adapter folded up below it, and a large high-capacity extra battery in the main compartment with room to spare. In the side and front pockets I have memory cards, a small remote for my camcorder, and a little data cable with room to spare.

In all, very pleased with this bag. My HDR-UX20 is a few years old, so I imagine that newer smaller camcorders may fit even more easily. If your camcorder is smaller than mine then you may be able to fit it AND a point-and-shoot camera with chargers, memory cards and extra batteries, but I obviously cant guarantee anything. Great bag and for the money and amazon's service, you can't go wrong.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›