5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3DS XL Too
Published 23 months ago by MrGilder

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, looks cool, but a little disappointing
I ordered this case because I wanted something to hold my new red 3DS XL. I already have a number of other cases for my original 3DS and my Dsi XL. The case does hold my 3DS XL quite well, I love the red to match my 3DS, but otherwise it was a little disappointing, as it seems there is a lot of wasted space and wasted potential. The case I have for my DSi XL is about the...
Published 9 months ago by E Tammelin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3DS XL Too, November 20, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was very impressed with the overall quality of this case for the price. It's of comparable quality to anything in the same price-range as something from Hori or Nintendo, but it's more readily available as it comes directly from Amazon. The item is sturdy, doesn't smell funny (which is often a problem with similar "hard" rubberized cases), and the screen printing for the logo is nice and clear. The 3 cartridge sleeves for holding games are a tad more tight than I would like, but they'll loosen up with use. I was looking for a case that would keep my new 3DS XL safe, but the majority of items currently on the market that were of a compatible size for that system still read "DSi XL" on the cover, or merely showed the general 2-rectangle DS symbol. I wanted a case that explicitly said "3DS" on it, to distinguish it from my other handhelds. This product from AmazonBasics fit the bill perfectly. So to reiterate, though the product description doesn't say so outright, this case will work perfectly for a 3DS XL.

I would not recommend this case for someone looking to store/protect one of the non-XL DS systems (DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS). The case is quite large, and although there are 2 different sizes of elastic straps for holding your system in place while traveling, there's still far too much empty space around the edges for my comfort. Someone who is in a hurry might neglect to use those straps, and then their system would jostle around far too much. A DSi XL or 3DS XL on the other hand is a snug, secure fit even without the straps. I would imagine the smaller system's mentioned in the item's description were simply thrown in as a catch-all because they technically will fit . . . just not securely.

4.0 out of 5 stars One excellent case!, November 6, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 6:16 Mins

In this review, I talk about the following items:

(1) Amazon's "Frustration-Free" packaging
(2) The case design
(3) How it handles the bumps and jolts of the world

I also bring up the following negatives:

(1) No case strap
(2) Only room to store 3 games
(3) No room to store wall plugs

I hope this helps. Happy Gaming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for the Price. Best Case I have ever seen., November 17, 2013
Great case. Can hold 3 games. I use it all the time. Professional quality. XL fits perfect in this case. I mean it's a quality case, but that's it. I am not about to write a 5 paragraph essay about a 10 dollar case. IT WORKS GREAT. Buy it, you won't regret it. Ohhh everyone is not going to find this review helpful. Whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your 3DS XL Protected, November 22, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: AmazonBasics Carrying Case for Nintendo 3DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL - Red (Officially Licensed by Nintendo) (Accessory)
Length:: 2:39 Mins

I recently picked up a 3DS XL and needed some coverage to keep it from getting all banged up in my backpack. The Amazon Basics case fit both the budget and the need. To keep the size down, it really only holds your DS, a few games, and maybe some earbuds. No room for a charger in this case. Overall however, I'm very satisfied with the case and the red goes nicely with the gold DS. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light travel case for DSi XL, November 15, 2011
Personal Robot (Always here, sometimes there) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife is the DS junkie in the house, having loved the little Nintendo units for years, and she is currently using a DSi XL. She has a quite large travel case that can stuff away a bunch of games and the charger, but in many cases that's overkill, and a smaller, lighter case that simply protects the XL is more in order. That's where this semi-hard shell case comes in.

Being a molded hard-foam or light plastic, the case keeps the game pretty well protected. It's not going to save it from a massive crash (it's not totally rigid but can be smashed if pressed hard enough,) but it'll definitely protect it from major drops that commonly happen. The benefit it gives is due to its structure, being just a bit soft and spongy, so it absorbs some impact while also fending off small direct hits that would leave your device scarred or broken.

Inside is a set of straps that don't really seem to have much of a purpose. I know they're to further secure the DS, but getting it in and out of the straps is more difficult than it's worth. Unless you're extremely clumsy, there's just no need for quite this much protection. But it's good to know it's there in case you are, or have kids who are.

The three game slots are a little on the meager side, but you can let a few extras slide around in there if you don't care about it being messy. The stretchy slots are mounted on a larger flap that will kinda-sorta hold them in place as long as you're careful opening the case.

The big plus of this case, my wife finds, is that it's just big enough to house both the XL and one of her favorite non-standard styli, DS and DSi Stylus and Screen Protector Kit - Red/Blue. She's taken to not using any storage for the XL everyday to keeping it in this case, which I would say marks this as a success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my 3DS XL safe!, August 15, 2013
Frankie (United States) - See all my reviews
This thing was made for 3DS XLs. It has a great fit, and it's super protective. There's even a spot reserved for your extra games. What's not to love about this case? Nothing. The answer is nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Protective Case For Your DS, October 27, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Forget that this is an "AmazonBasics" item ... there's nothing basic about it. This is an Officially Licensed product, and it reflects that designation.

Overall, I think this case is great for the Nintendo DS systems. The price is very affordable, and anyone who gets a DS needs a good, protective case.

Pros :
1. Perfectly sized for the DS systems. Case has a snug fit.
2. Hard outer shell. Your DS will be protected.
3. Duel zippers for easy opening/closing.
4. Elastic hold-downs to secure your system inside the case.
5. Nice, soft cloth interiour lining.
6. Separate divider to hold 3 of your games. This is also padded to protect your system.
7. Great Nintendo 3DS graphic ie - no one will know it's an AmazonBasics item )

Cons :
1. No carrying strap. Not a hand strap or even a loop. I suppose you could use one of the zippers to connect a carrying strap yourself, but one is NOT included )
2. Only supplies three game pouches. though more can fit in the case, albiet without dedicated space )

All in all .... four stars out of five because a carrying case, truly, should have a strap to carry it with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case, September 13, 2013
For the money it's a very good case. If you have a 3DS XL, the case is a perfect fit. I especially like the logo on top which sets it apart from generic cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case!!, January 4, 2014
I love this case! I use it for my 3DS XL and it works perfectly. It has straps to keep my handheld from moving around too much and it has spaces to hold 3 games. If you're looking for something cheap in price but not in quality, this is what you want. It has a plastic shell that's not exactly solid but it's definitely pretty tough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 3ds xl, December 31, 2013
Emily (Kansas, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm very happy with this case. It fits the 3ds xl perfectly, and gives great protection. This is a good product.