3,364 Reviews
 (2,131)

Updating my review. I just found a really good replacement that is over twice this length. It is such a good cable. Here is the link 7 Foot Apple Certified 30 Pin Cable. I highly recommend it.

Published 6 months ago by Sadie Melton

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost, but not quite
Published on July 17, 2012 by CAREY BERRYMAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cable; a little hard to spot in dark spots but stil recommend., July 21, 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB Charging and Sync Cable, 3.2 Feet (Electronics)

Good, solid cable. It can be hard to spot in darker areas because it's black - not white like the original Apple one - but does the trick well enough and keeps my iPhone 4 charged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good replacement for iPhone / iPod, March 12, 2012
After having multiple standard iPhone / iPod cables crack near the strain relief on the end with the dock connector, I figured it was time to look for a non Apple branded replacement. Having had good luck with Amazon Basics cables before, I figured their iPhone replacement cable a try. This cable seems to be a good balance between construction quality and price.

I was pleased to notice that the strain relief on both ends of this cable look a bit more robust than the Apple version. Since I've had multiple cables crack here, this is a definite positive in my opinion. The cable itself is smooth and black, which hopefully will repel dirt better than the Apple white version with it's slightly matte finish. Another observation is that the dock connector is slightly thicker than the standard cable. Not by much, and my wife's iPhone 4 in the full OtterBox case still works fine, so it's not really an issue.

I'm currently using this cable for the following Apple Products, with no issues:
- iPhone 3Gs (Work Phone)
- iPhone 4s (Personal Phone)
- iPhone 4 (Wife's phone)
- iPod Nano 5th Generation
- iPod Nano 6th Generation

All devices charge and sync properly just like when using the standard Apple cable.

Overall, a great replacement cable!

------
Update March 2nd, 2014

After almost two years of heavy use (being unplugged and pugged in numerous times per day, the 30-pin connector part is coming loose in the black housing. It still works fine, but sometimes needs to be wiggled to make a good connection.

Overall, I can still highly recommend this cable. Two years of use is more than I've gotten from any of the standard Apple cables! I'll be ordering another.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, and cheaper than apple, but clunky, October 20, 2011
Mainiac (Portland, Maine, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We seem to lose these cables in our house, but I can't bear to pay Apple's price for the official cables for replacements. I'm delighted that Amazon is making and selling these!

Pros:
1. Works great, as AmazonBasics always have for me.
2. Frustration-free packaging is always a win.
3. I prefer the black to Apple's white cables.

Cons:
1. It's not as sleek as the official Apple versions, and thus, I don't like it as much. The price entirely compensates for this.
2. As noted by Amazon User in the comments, the end that plugs into the phone is maybe 2mm longer and 6-8mm wider than the standard Apple cable. This means that it won't work with some cases.

In summary, it's really great to have this available. Thank you, Amazon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost, but not quite, July 17, 2012
CAREY BERRYMAN (Southaven, MS United States) - See all my reviews
I would have given this AmazonBasics Sync cable five stars were it not for one flaw. The housing for the 30-pin connector is too big for most iPhone cases. Meaning that, in order for the cable to fit into the phone, you either take the phone out of the case or if possible let the case bend (at its weakest point) to fit the cable. Amazon needs to redesign the cable housing for the 30-pin connector to a more appropriate size. Other than that, I have not complaints. The cable seems to be high quality and well built.

Update 12/30/12: The cable is still in good shape and continues to work fine. I still wish the housing for the 30-pin connector was smaller so it would work with more cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for all devices that I've tried ..., November 30, 2011
I have tested this cable an iPod 30GB, original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch (3G and 4G), iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad and iPad 2. The cables work flawlessly on everything, so far.

I have two of them connected to the RND Power Solutions Dual Black USB Adapter - [...] - cables are working fine.

They're slightly longer than the standard Apple cables. The ends are gloss black with the Amazon basics logo on both ends. Hassle-free packaging is, as always, hassle-free.

1.0 out of 5 stars original failed within 8 months; replacement being returned--flaky connection with iPhone, June 1, 2013
I thought the construction of this cable was much sturdier than the Apple-standard cable. However, within 8 months the cable failed, and this was with normal daily use and no strains or mistreatment of the cable. I started having sync issues, then charging issues, then the cable failed completely. According to amazon, there is a 1-yr warranty on this product, yet I have been unable to figure out how to get a replacement and will have to call customer service. Given the high marks this product is receiving, I expect I got a lemon. It's just frustrating to have to jump through hoops to get warranty service. Caveat emptor!

Update 08-25-13: I don't understand if I have a picky iPhone or what, but I had problems with the warranty replacement cord I received a couple of weeks ago from amazon. The problem was that the iPhone would not always receive power even though the cable was securely plugged in on both ends, iPhone and USB port. (Note I tried both my MBP ports and the USB ports of several outlet-based USB power sockets I have.) At one point, after upgrading an old disc to Mountain Lion, I was baffled that I couldn't get the iPhone to mount in iTunes. The iPhone showed it was receiving power through the cable, but there was no data transfer.)

I found an old Apple USB-to-30 pin cable and plugged it in. Voila! iPhone recognized immediately by iTunes and no data charging problems. No flaky connection--if both ends are connected, everything behaves normally.

The one thing I observed with both the amazon cables is that the 30-pin connection end didn't appear to seat completely flush/perpendicular with the iPhone port; it was off at one end by about 1/16". The Apple cable fits exactly flush with the exterior of the iPhone.

Everyone else seems to be having no problems with this product. I don't know why I received a defective one and a flaky replacement as well. I am eating the cost of the original cable, since I told amazon I'm not interested in getting yet another flaky replacement cable. I will source another brand and it won't be on amazon.

Something this basic should be 100% dependable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable, September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There isn't a great deal you can say about a cable, but this one is very nice.

It's better looking than the Apple white ones, nice glossy black with Amazon logo and the connectors just feel better. It may be that individual cables differ, but this one makes a more solid, stable connection than the Apple supplied one too. The cable itself seems sturdier (though not quite as flexible).

I'd buy one of these in preference to the (Apple) high priced brand even if they weren't lower priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working after 39 days, February 3, 2013
I gave this 5 stars after receiving it because it worked great. However.....on day 39 it quit working. Had it on my ipad 2 overnight and received no charge and no charge bolt indicator. Tried it using diffrent wall sockets and on my computer-still no indication it was charging. Did a soft and a hard reset on the ipad-still nothing. I see the battery indicator showing a 19% charge and that is it-makes no blip noise when connected. So, I tried my original ipad cord and guess what...everything is back to normal, I see the charging bolt and I get the "blip" sound when plugged in and my computer sees my ipad. That tells the whole story.

To bad really as my original ipad cord is frayed and still needs to be replaced. The "window" for returning this item is "closed for full refund" which means not worth the postage it would cost to return it...........

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with iphone 4/4s bumper, January 10, 2012
I can't believe no one else mentioned this, but this cable works fine with the Apple bumper on the iphone 4.

3.0 out of 5 stars 50-50 at best, December 29, 2011
I bought 2 of these cables. I had high hopes for these when they arrived. They looked more solidly made at the connection points than the OEM cables. Sadly, they traded off cord reliability for cord durability. It seems silly that it is so hard to find both in one cable.

One worked perfectly for the first few days and then stopped working for anything but charging. My car's stereo system would tell me that it was an unsupported device that had been plugged in. My iPhone would say that I was hooked up to an incompatible device. Once I cleared those 2 errors, it would charge but never play.

The other one still seems to be working fully, but I often have to fiddle with the connection to get it in enough to connect. As it has been this way since day one, I am sure it will soon stop connecting at all.