Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 11, 2014
This product is well built and straightforward and is perfect if you're looking for a compact camera case that can hold just your camera with some basic accessories. It is built for larger cameras that don't take interchangeable lenses. It has room it to hold a microfiber cloth, but not much else. I got it for my Nikon COOLPIX P520 and it fits perfectly. If you're looking for a case to fit with the Nikon COOLPIX P510 or P500 they will also fit. Feel free to ask any questions.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you're considering buying this AmazonBasics Fixed Zoom/Compact System Camera Case, it would be a good idea for you to take a close look at the specifications to make sure your camera will fit in it. I don't know what a "Fixed Zoom/Compact System Camera" is, exactly, but it must be pretty small. The product photos make this case look about the size of an overnight backpack, but it's not even close. It's really quite tiny, with external dimensions of 6.5 inches wide, 3.9 inches deep and 6.9 inches tall. I knew it was smaller than the product-page photos make it look when I ordered it through the Amazon Vine program, but I was still surprised when the whole thing, shipping box and all, fit easily into my standard mailbox.

I chose this case to carry around my Sony DSC-H5 digital camera, which is kind of in between a point-and-shoot and a full-blown DSLR in terms of both size and performance. It barely fits, and then only if I reverse the lens hood. That's not a complaint, just a comment. You should measure your camera before you buy this case to make sure it will fit. I measured the inside dimensions of the case at 5 inches wide, 2.5 inches deep and 5.5 inches high, although it can bulge out quite a bit before the zippers get too tight to operate.

The case is sturdy, attractive and very well made, with many nice design features. The outside is something like medium-duty ballistic nylon, and the inside is fully lined with a very soft gray felt-like material. An elasticized, padded divider of the same material provides a separate inside storage pocket for a USB cable, filters or other flat accessories. It is not removable, so it does eat into the interior space considerably. Felt-lined, zippered external storage compartments on each side, with black mesh inserts, can hold the equivalent of six or eight AA-size batteries each (my DSC-H5 eats batteries so fast that I need to carry a whole shopping bagful of them--but that's another story). A lined, zippered storage compartment inside the lid is a perfect place to stash a memory card or two. There's a sturdy, adjustable shoulder strap, a carrying handle on the lid and a wide belt loop just in case you want to maximize your nerdiness factor. The contrasting orange stitching is straight, even and strong, and overall the case exudes, to my eyes at least, an aura of quality. The cleverest part of the whole thing is the zipper pull for the lid storage compartment. To prevent it from hanging down loose and possibly scratching the LCD viewscreen of a camera inside, there's a little sewn-in elastic loop that holds the pull up out of the way.

This is the first AmazonBasics product I've ever used, and I am very impressed with it. It is an excellent camera case for the money, in my opinion. Its quality, cleverness and many thoughtful design features make me think it was developed with the customer in mind--something that is becoming all too rare these days. If your camera fits, you can't go wrong with this case.
review image review image review image review image
on September 21, 2013
After careful comparison of many cases, I bought this remarkably-rugged, well-designed case (includes 2 inside pockets for cables, memory cards, etc plus 2 outside zippered pockets for spare batteries, more cables, etc). It's ample interior is well-cushioned & is very-softly lined to protect your camera. My mid-sized Nikon L820 120X zoom camera (30X optical/ 4X digital) with 1080p video* fits perfectly in this handsome, strong, lightweight case that amazon sells for under $10 (about 1/3rd what very similar "name-brand" cases cost)! You'll be delighted with it!!!
*At: B00B7N9D4I

A note of caution: this superb medium-sized case is NOT made to carry large DSLRs along with their separate telephoto or wide-angle lenses).
on March 15, 2014
This item was "packaged" by Amazon in a promotional camera deal. The camera (Nikon Coolpix P520) is a snug fit, yet still enough room to easily carry camera sling and extra batteries. My desire was for the maximum bang for the most compact camera package. This is perfect for me.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Note: This video may not play on some devices.

This short video review should give you a good idea of what you would be getting if you purchased this camera bag. My opinion is mixed - this is not a really nice camera bag but it's very inexpensive and good for the price.
on March 21, 2014
Too small for the SX50HS - Since it was shown with the camera and amazon suggested to me as "must have", ASSUMED it would be the perfect size. Plus the seller present one picture where you can see the back of the camera and some accesories that is FALSE. The camera fits so just in the bag, that's just a struggle getting it in and out.
on November 25, 2015
Super well made, but WAY TOO SMALL for my camera (which is not that big and was slated to fit this particular bag) Here's what I want to put in this bag: my digital camera, the USB cable, 4 extra batteries and the battery-charger (which is about the size of a pack of cigarettes). My camera fits in there nicely, but snug, and if I wear to drop the bag, I feel the camera would be well protected from damage. However, forget putting any accessories in the side pockets. Even adding my USB cord to one pocket or extra batteries in the other is nearly impossible without minutes of squeezing-adjusting-stuffing, if I want to zip it up all the way. As a person that does not need more things in my life that are difficult on my hands to open/manuever/get in & out, I am disappointed in how tight this bag is. I still use it though and just have to live with not being able to zip up the buldging side pockets.
on April 2, 2016
High quality case. Fits Nikon L330 perfect, and could even fit something a bit, but not to much larger. Easily fits accessories like extra cards, cable, batteries and charger, in the top and side pockets.
on July 16, 2014
tried several cases for my new Sony DSC-HX50V camera, and despite advertised sizes, they were all too small. Inside measurements are a lot different than OUTSIDE measurements! This case seemed far too big on arrival, but the interior is heavily padded and soft, with 2 separated sections ( camera + gear) so the camera has ample room and room for extras.There are 2 outside zippered pockets for more storage (cards, batteries) and a very substantial neck strap. BEST of all---- it has a very functional belt loop, which my hubby wanted! perfect.
on May 18, 2015
Perfectly fits my Canon SX520 HS camera. I also have room for the charger, a mini tripod, and a couple extra batteries. It almost seems custom designed for this camera. If I were to criticize it at all, I would like two zippers on the main (top) opening.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse