1,878 Reviews
 (1,512)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but just as good
I use this cord to attach a Blu Ray player to my 6 year old Toshiba projection TV (720p) which does not have HDMI ports. The picture is very good and the length of the cord allows me to run it through the top of the etertainment center, down the back, and then into the TV.

Published on December 3, 2009 by Stonebridge Snob

1.0 out of 5 stars How does a cable like this only sometimes work??
So really, how does a cable like this only sometimes work?? Well I have no idea and it seems that some others have experienced it as well.

Published on February 21, 2011 by M

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but just as good, December 3, 2009
This review is from: AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters) (Electronics)

Pricing these from other big box stores found this to be about 1/3 of the price. Those store will tell you that their product is better, lasts longer, not as much heat, blah, blah. Well...
1) I see no difference in picture quality between this and more expensive brand names.
2) Heat? Off an HDMI>DVI cable. Ummmm, I have no idea what the Best Buy guy was talking about.
3) I can buy this one 3 times and still spend less money.

This is the best bet all around

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for notebooks to external monitor, August 30, 2010
Many Windows based notebooks are now equipped with VGA & HDMI ports, but no DVI port. Many external monitors are equipped with VGA & DVI ports, but no HDMI port. While the analog VGA connection works, a digital connection works better. As it happens DVI is simply a subset of the HDMI standard.

This cable works great for making digital connections from a notebook with a HDMI port to an external monitor with a DVI port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i need, April 23, 2010
Herman Barrantes V "Geek Inside" (Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
I use to connect my PC to the TV and the length is excellent, the field is strong, however, should suggest buying "Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft)" with this, because DVI does not transmit sound only video, but in general is just what the doctor recommended me

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cable, October 26, 2010
Purchased this cable to connect a PC (DVI out) to a 1080p flat panel (HDMI in) to use the flat panel as a monitor and to watch movies from the PC (including Blu Ray). No complaint with the image quality at all, but keep in mind that this kind of setup requires separate cable(s) for sound. This cable meets/exceeds the requirements for my setup, so I recommend this cable without reservation. Don't let the low price concern you, as the quality is just fine. Seems like a major waste of money to buy a big brand name cable that would do the same thing at SEVERAL times the price. I have purchased a few of those high-end, high-price cables previously and they are very good, but I can't discern a difference in the image quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good poduct, March 27, 2010
The cable works great. because it is a DVI connector on the back of the computer, no sound will go to the TV via this cable. I would recommend the HDMI to HDMI if you would want sound also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon for making quality, affordable cables, March 29, 2011
Ben (Granville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I honestly didn't think the difference between VGA and HDMI/DVI would be this incredible.

Wow. Best $8 I've ever spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value For The Price, September 21, 2011
I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw how inexpensive this cable was in relation to the other available choices but all I had to do was prove that the "bundled" cable that came with my device was not working properly. I also needed a cable that was a bit longer than the 6' one that I was replacing so I could hook my laptop up to my TV.

The build quality seems to be very good and as I expected, the picture quality was significantly better than the one I was replacing. No more artifact or oversaturated colors, so I'm happy.

I guess another thing that I was happy about was the "frustration free" packaging. I had looked at some more expensive cables at several local retailers and they were packaged in the impenetrable hard plastic, vulcanized shut, clamshells that need to be cut open with a scalpel, sawzall and EMT scissors. I knew I was surely saving myself an additional trip to the ER to stitch a limb back on after trying to cut open one of those crazy packaging jobs that are designed to keep honest people out. So thanks to Amazon, all I had to do was open the box, undo a twist tie and hook the cable up and it was working. No bloodletting involved.

David

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, Raspberry PI to DVI Monitor, June 14, 2012
I picked this up to connect a raspberry pi mini ARM pc to a DVI monitor. This wire is flawless. Not much else to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great well made cable, good singnal great price, November 14, 2009
Very good cable at a reasonable price, the electronics places around here want about 30 bucks for a cable, under 8 bucks is a great deal. Im happy to see Amazon offer a house brand cable that is very well made and well priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars How does a cable like this only sometimes work??, February 21, 2011

Nevertheless, this cable only works part of the time. When it does work, it displays an amazing image. I use it to connect my bluray player to my older HDTV that has a DVI input and without this cable I wouldn't be able to upscale my older DVD's to 1080i. When it 'stops' working the screen goes to white noise and it requires that I have to disconnect the HDMI side and reconnect it to get the picture back (dvi side doesn't seem to be affected). The HDMI side is a new SONY blu ray player and I doubt it is the one defective (especially given some of the experiences others have with this cable).

I don't grudge this cable the manadatory first star because it does work beutifully when it does....

UPDATE: I can confirm that it is this cable that does not work properly and not any of my devices. I purchased this other cable from a different manufacturer here at amazon http://www.amazon.com/15ft-Premium-HDMI-DVI-Cable/dp/B000HDJY7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298475107&sr=8-1 and it has worked perfectly over the last 24 hrs, whereas this one could only last about an hour or so at a time. So I highly recommend checking the other one out, it is a much thicker shielded cable as well. I wish I had purchased it to begin with.

Rate and Discover Movies