1,381 of 1,455 people found the following review helpful
on January 1, 2011
Before I purchased this HDMI cable for my Roku XDS I shopped around first at nearby Walmart and Best Buy, and read some reviews for this product. I'm a retired electrical engineer and do not believe on going overboard, spending more than adequate to get a good result on audio and video component. There are cables in the market that are priced too high to get the money out of those people who are willing to pay the price. Those people always believed that if the price is high, the product must be very good. For digital signal transmission, this HDMI cable is more than adequate. My video and audio were not degraded, and I did not notice any lost of clarity either on video or audio signal.
2929 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 9, 2012
There is a great myth about it being necessary to buy $100+ hdmi cables. The expensive ones are supposedly better quality and have better jacketing. The truth is that hi-speed hdmi cables with ethernet are exactly the same. Sure, the expensive cables may have better materials and better quality control, and they may have better jackets. However, AmazonBasics has not let me down! Their hdmi cables are as good as my MonsterCables which costed me $80 when I first bought my 1080p/240hz lcd screen. I bought an AmazonBasics cable when I bought another flat screen and had no issues with the picture quality or refresh rate. I played on my PS3 and watched bluray videos just fine. And, the jacketing on that first pair of AmazonBasics hmdi cable I bought was ten times better and only cost me $8. Unless you're a videophile who owns a $5,000+ flat screen and have the most expensive equipment that money can buy, then you would probably be happier with a really expensive cable, although, it would just be as overpriced as all the other stuff you have purchased in the past. AmazonBasics is the way to go for cables!
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 18, 2011
Go out to Best Buy or any large box store. You're not getting out of there with a 3 foot cable for under $30 bucks. Insanity! This is really the only sane choice. Order two and keep one around until you get the next awesome HDMI gadget. I have one hooked up to an XBOX and it looks crystal clear, as well as a DVD player. So nice! I wish I had more HDMI gear to use with these cables.
on May 1, 2012
Exactly what it should be: a cable that gets the job done at a great price point. The cable has a nice thick sheathing with well-constructed ends. It comes with nice little caps on the end as well, is double-boxed in Amazon's "frustration free" packaging, and is slightly more generous in length than advertised (see my user photos). If you need a standard HDMI cable, look no further.
review image review image
on July 26, 2012
Bought these for less clutter and to connect my laptop.
I was looking up HDMI cables before I made my purchase and all the no-bullshit tech guys said, "You shouldn't pay more than ten dollars for an HDMI cable."
2-6-foot and a half cables, gold-plated connecters, that aren't bulky at the end, for 10 bucks (15 bucks with shipping).
They both work well, picture is clear and the audio is enhanced when using these cables.
Other than my laptop not adjusting to the right size on the T.V., but that's because the laptop, everything was great.

I also like the little detail with the color coding. By this I mean that the cables themselves, on the connection ends, come colored, one green and one blue, very nice touch and convenient.

This was also my first purchase from Amazon, It went very well and I will be making future purchases.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
WHO NEEDS IT?

This wire should work well with anything that supports HDMI 1.3x but it's built to comply with the higher HDMI 1.4 standard. You may consider this product if you have TWO devices that support HDMI 1.4. For these, the cable will carry through HD images and Ethernet data therefore eliminating the need for one dedicated Ethernet cable and one Ethernet port. Again, on a pair of connected HDMI 1.4 devices, it will eliminate the need of a dedicated audio cable if, let's say, your TV needs to send sound back to your receiver - it may have a built-in Blu/DVD player or get its input through an USB port. You may also consider this cable if you currently need an extra HDMI 1.3 cable but you are planning to to replace your existing equipment with some HDMI 1.4 ready hardware in the near future.

As far as HDMI 1.4 stands, this cable is 'it'. It's the complete implementation because it supports ALL HDMI 1.4 features.

HOW GOOD IS IT?

- Behaves as a HDMI 1.3x 'high speed' or 'category 2' cable.
- As a 'high speed' HDMI 1.4 cable, it supports video resolutions of at least 1080p and can go as high as 4K.
- The 'data channel' (Ethernet support) works only with HDMI 1.4 ready equipment.
- The 'audio return channel' is another feature supported by HDMI 1.4 ready equipment only. It will allow for audio to be sent 'back' from, let's say a TV to the HDMI 1.4 compliant receiver, therefore eliminating the need for a dedicated audio cable.
- It should support all the HDMI 1.4 extra color palettes because those are implemented by the HDMI 1.4 compliant connected equipment.

You may want to get this cable even if your equipment is not HDMI 1.4, it doesn't hurt to get a wire that supports a higher standard and, with free shipping the price difference is not that great. And, keep in mind that Amazon stands behind this product so returns should be easy.

END OF REVIEW

______________________________________________________

What follows is the byproduct of me attempting to clarify 'HDMI 1.4' for myself and understanding this specific product's features. I thought I'd share.

WHAT'S IN A NAME? (understanding this cable's features)

- HDMI 1.4 is a new HDMI standard adopted in 2009, backward compatible with HDMI 1.3. This cable should work with your existing equipment.
- HIGH SPEED indicates that this cable supports resolutions of 1080p or higher and 3D video (unlike the HDMI 1.4 STANDARD cables which, believe it or not, are limited to 720p/1080i - why? nobody knows).
- ETHERNET means that this cable supports a full-duplex 100 Mb/sec Ethernet connection - if you have 2 HDMI 1.4 ready devices and they both need an network connection, this cable will carry through the Ethernet datastream to the second device, therefore saving you the need for one extra Ethernet cable.
- Audio Return Channel is a feature that would save you the need of a dedicated audio cable between 2 HDMI 1.4 compliant devices.
- This cable should support the full set of 3D features found in the new TVs.

THE HDMI 1.4x DIFFERENCE

HDMI 1.4 allows for the following new features:

- Ethernet Channel - allows for the 2 connected devices to communicate with each other and share one network connection.
- Audio Return Channel - eliminates the need of a second cable if you want to send audio from your TV back to your receiver.
- 3D - It's supported by HDMI 1.3x but HDMI 1.4a specifically supports all the currently agreed-upon industry standards
- 4K resolution - good to have it but there is nothing on today's market that would take advantage of this
- Expanded support for new color spaces - by supporting sYCC601, AdobeRGB, and AdobeYCC601 it better aligns your display with the color spaces supported by digital cameras.
- Type D connector - the 'Micro' connector is to be used by small, portable devices with supported resolutions of up to 1080p.

The HDMI Consortium defines 4 broad types of HDMI 1.4 cables:

* Standard HDMI Cable
* High Speed HDMI Cable
* Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
* High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Of the above, only the 'High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet' (this one) makes sense and it's likely to emerge as the common HDMI 1.4 cable.

Standard cables are limited to lower-resolution displays up to (approx. 720p or 1080i). High Speed cables support higher-resolution display (e.g. 1080p). They can deliver all video content currently defined for the HDMI standard (i.e. more than two 1080p/60 video streams, including 3D). HDMI cables with Ethernet are capable of sending 100/mbps over the HDMI Ethernet Channel. Since it is not likely that many HDMI 1.4 'standard' cables will be made or sold, I suspect that the crippled 'standard' type exists only to allow for calling the cables that support 1080p 'high speed' which sounds good and high-end.

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 6, 2015
The cable provides an excellent performance in the streaming of videos ect.. Enjoy it very much and recommend it as a very good product
to purchase with video streaming products. Thanks...Luis Molina Amely
review image
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2010
Style: 6.5-FeetPackage Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the HDMI cable to get right now: an HDMI 1.4 cable at a good price.

HDMI 1.4

HDMI 1.4 is the latest standard (as of November 2010 at least). It is backward compatible with other HDMI gear (mine all are HDMI 1.3 compliant). And it will be more useful to you if your TV supports HDMI 1.4 networking. I was not able to test the Ethernet networking capability of this cable, but I think the idea behind it is a good one.

For my current home entertainment setup, I had to set up separate Internet connections on my TV, set top box, Blu-Ray player, and WD TV LIVE (HTPC). It would have been a lot easier if I could have just set up my TV's internet connection, and allow all of my components to share it. That's what HDMI 1.4 promises to let you do--as long as all of your hardware, including the cables, supports it. This cable will support that functionality; it's more "future-proof" than the HDMI 1.3 cables I have been using.

Learn more (and see nice diagrams) at [...]

This Cable

This cable is really long, so I don't recommend it if your components are very close together. A 3-foot cable would easily suffice in that case.

Overall Impressions

This cable is a great buy. Definitely order it if your new A/V or PC components don't come with an HDMI cable.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 9, 2015
Used it 2 times and this is what happened when I pulled it from my tv the second time. Not too pleased
review image
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2011
Despite what Best Buy would want you to believe, the quality of connection does not change much from HDMI to HDMI. These HDMI's work and come in nice frustration free packaging. The only issue with these are that they are stiff and rather thick cords. If you want to spend more moeny, you can get cords easier to work with. However, for just hiding them in a shelf or entertainment center, these will work and work just fine.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...