Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meter) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 2, 2015
Need to buy more. The cable looks strong!
review image review image
on March 20, 2015
Summary: Consider how long it takes to wire up your AV setup and then ask if you want to be one of the 100's of customers that had to spend hours trouble shooting and replacing these cables when they prove to you why they cost so little (take a look at some of the 1-2 star reviews).

Details: Ordered the (3) pack in Nov 2014, as of Mar 2015 only (1) still works properly. Initially they all worked great. The problem I get is random white and black "pixelization" (if that's even a word). Essentially the TV screen will show single white or black pixels, in random areas throughout the tv screen. I have a TV, BDVD, Directv, AppleTV, AVR, 2 Zones of speakers, and sub al in built in entertainment center. So trouble shooting components and replacing cables is a weekend task that takes a lot of time. Try spending hours on the phone with all your component mfg's, only to find out that the problem is your HDMI cables. Too bad as I had a temporary set up that required a 25 foot HDMI (I used Amazon Basics there and it is still a great cable...its actually my temporary fix to the defunct 3' Amazon Basics HDMI). Maybe I got a bad lot? I've got other Amazon Basics products that are great, but these have not proved to be reliable in my case.
on February 4, 2015
I didn't expect much from this cord because of the price but I didn't expect it to break the first time I unplug it from my computer monitor.

After I unboxed the cord and plugged it in my computer monitor I decided I wanted to change some wiring around so I unplugged it. When I did this I noticed the gold end was still in my monitor. I ended up having to get some needle nose pliers to remove the end from my monitor. Needless to say, I will be returning this cord.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 20, 2016
I am not any kind of technology expert but this did what I wanted and did not take any kind of special knowledge to use (just plug in the ends where they fit on the two devices I want to connect), so I am happy with it.

I have a six-year-old MacBook Pro with the mini-display port and a somewhat newer television. I wanted to stream workouts from Les Mills on my TV but didn't want to pay for some set-top box or device. I just wanted to connect my laptop to my TV. So I got this and the Belkin mini-display port to HDMI connector. I plugged them both in, selected the source for my TV, and then fiddled with the settings on my laptop. But the fact is, this took me less than five minutes to get set up without reading any directions and the cable was a big part of that -- it simply worked and required no further attention.

I went with the three foot cable because I was planning to have my laptop right next to the TV and this was the shortest one I saw. Do keep the length in mind for the setup you want because these are available in several different lengths.
on February 7, 2016
AmazonBasics truly has become a reliable brand for Amazon. I've purchased several AmazonBasics products and this is another great product among the lineup. With AmazonBasics comes reliability at a low price. I have used this on several electronics and devices around the house and have not had any issues thus far. I have connected them to my playstation 3, to my Roku 3, to my Apple TV and PC monitors without any loss in data transfer. My recently purchased 4K TV had no problems with it either. On my end, I did not see any picture quality loss. A lot of praise for this product. I definitely recommend this.
on February 1, 2014
These are just as good as any expensive cable you can get in Best Buy (I cant' believe people STILL fall for those $80 cords in this day and age). I bought 3 of these, and a pack of couplers: Cable Matters (2 Pack) Gold-Plated High Speed HDMI Female Coupler 3D & 4K Resolution-Ready and they all work perfectly fine unlike the cheap arse $2 cords I got off here at first that fried 3 U-verse boxes (just the HDMI ports on them actually but that's all it needed to do to make the boxes useless).

My Tv's on one side of my room in the Ent. Center with my PS3 and the U-verse box etc etc. My huge desk with my Desktop PC and laptop is on the other side of the room (only about 6 feet between them though.... talking about a reg bedroom..). I have one of Amazon's cables hanging off the Uverse Box behind the TV, another "hanging" out of (and clipped to the side of the Ent. Center's inner "wall") the 1st HDMI port on my TV, and one coming out of my PC's monitor. Basically using them as port extenders so I dont' have to struggle to find the actual port on whichever device.... Then I use the couplers I linked to connect these to the ends of a 25 foot cord I have snaked out of sight through my closet going from one side of the room to the other. So I can basically watch tv (from the Uverse box) on my PC monitor or route my laptop's picture to my actual TV. I could even route one of my game consoles to the PC monitor if I wanted or needed.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
There is not a lot to say about this cable. They either work or they don't, and this one works.

I could get into a long dissertation about the differences between expensive cables and cheap cables, but I'm definitely in the camp that the cheaper ones work just as well. Perhaps not the cheapest ones, but that's not what these are - these are not one cent cables.

I am using this as a standard HDMI cable from my TiVo to my HDTV. To that, I can't properly test the newer features like audio return and 3-D. But as a standard HDMI cable it works quite well and it's good value. So the additional features are irrelevant to me in this case.
Are there really differences in HDMI cables? Is a $7 cable as good as a $20 one?

***
We recently upgraded our home theatre system, including a new Blu-ray player from Samsung.

Because the lion's share of our movie collection is on dvd, the new player has some kind of image upgrade. I wanted to see just how good a new set of plugs were.

I initially bought two right here from Amazon, the Amazon Basics and the BlueRigger. The BlueRigger was on sale and about the same price as the Basics. But, for some reason Amazon took a week just to ship it, so I while I was shopping in Ross, I found a gold plated, 6' cable from the Sharper Image.

***
In the video, you'll see that the differences are more or less cosmetic. But, the nice thing (if you're bargain hunting) is that there's no real difference in image or sound quality between the three, this despite the fact that shorter cables (3') are typically better because the information travels a shorter distance.

Each has a gold-plate head and all support 3D and all are very well built.

*** The Sharper Image ***

+ $6.99 (Ross Dress For Less)
+ 6'
+ Good construction, but noticeably thinner cable than the BlueRigger and Basics
+ Very good image transfer.
+ Supports 3D and ethernet

+ Very good image transfer

*** BlueRigger ***

+ $6.99 (on sale)
+ 3' cable
+ Best construction, thick woven construction
+ Very good image transfer
+ Supports 3D and Ethernet

*** Conclusion ***

The BlueRigger, which retails for almost $18, is usually selling for $7. The quality and the construction of the BlueRigger is much better than the Amazon Basics and the Sharper Image, but where it counts the most--image quality is negligible between the three. But, since all three are under $10, I would jump at the BlueRigger. But, if the BlueRigger is not on sale, the Amazon Basics is definitely a great choice.
on February 2, 2016
This product is it satisfied me.
Of course in price.
Like a good a deal with discounted prices.
Often they're gon na need the event a discount for the future.
I don't have much money to performance and price rather than quality, significant because.
Thank you.
on February 14, 2014
Thankfully Amazon has a pretty good return and replace policy when it comes to their self-branded line of products because the first HDMI cable I purchased from them broke almost immediately. Since it only cost a few bucks, I opted to return the cable and was shipped a new one that, so far, is working.