5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bag for My Micro 4/3rd System Camera
Published 11 months ago by Chief

3.0 out of 5 stars Bag squeaks.
The camera does it job.
I can fit my Rebel T3 in there with a tamron 18-200mm + lens hoods attached to the body. Then there's still space for my 50mm prime lens and an external flash.

I would rate this as a 5 stars but the bag squeaks when walking. It squeaks because of the plastic hings and the shoulder strap.
Published 8 months ago by Johnny

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bag for My Micro 4/3rd System Camera, August 22, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior) (Camera)
I just converted from my old dinosaur DSLR equipment and the huge bag it takes to hold everything to a DLSM (mirrorless) micro 4/3rds system. Since I no longer need a huge bag to haul my new system, I tried two other bags...then, I found this bag. I am not kidding, this bag is absolutely perfect. It holds my Panasonic Lumix G series body with a pancake lens, two Lumix power zoom lenses, filters and has just enough room left for another small camera like a superzoom. It is extremely well padded with adjustable compartments. There is plenty of secure extra storage for a phone, extra batteries, charger, etc. There is even a padded place for an iPad. The bag is easy to open with one hand and sits flat on it's bottom. It is perfect for the car. It sits well out of sight on the floorboard and when I need it, I can put it in the passenger seat and access everything I need without it slipping or sliding around like larger bags tend to do. If you want a top quality, incognito, camera bag look no further. Amazon hit a home run with this one.

UPDATE: I have had the bag several months now and it still impresses me. There is nothing I would change about this "five star" bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, February 16, 2014
I bought this camera bag to house my Nikon D5200 because a prior Case Logic bag I bought wasn't big enough (it was still quite nice, but just too small).

Here are my pros and cons.
Pros
1. Spacious. It fits the camera, lens, cables, battery, and battery charger all in the main compartment. I have the manual in the front pocket and there are still 2 empty pockets for me to place other things.
2. Looks nice. The orange interior makes finding things easier (a black interior would make literally everything blend in) and the exterior is well made.
3. The main compartment has 2 straps, velcro, and a zipper. I feel like my stuff is safe.
4. I haven't seen any of the issues with straps that others have mentioned. Not calling them liars or anything, but maybe theirs should've been exchanged for one without those problems.
5. Comes with a second strap that's attached to the sides if you prefer to use that rather than the handle that's already there.
6. The main compartment is customizable. You can remove the dividers and place them where you want. I liked this a lot because it lets me space out the inside how I like.

Cons
1. The main compartment takes a minute to get into. If you're forgetful like I am and have to get into the main compartment over and over again to get stuff you forget, this can get tedious.
2. You have to attach the straps to carry this bag by the handle. However, Pro #5 kind of cancels this out.

Overall, if you're buying a DSLR and you don't have a billion lenses, this is a great purchase. Multiple ways to carry it, lots of space, nice colors and build quality. AmazonBasics is becoming more and more awesome and I'm glad I got this bag. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a camera, a couple of lenses, and a need for some extra space.

4.0 out of 5 stars For $25, it'll do, September 24, 2013
DWPC (N. Arizona) - See all my reviews
You'll have to look hard to find a better camera bag for twice the money. It's "old school" in looks and subdivision. Convenient size for the casual shooter. It holds my Sony NEX with mounted 18-55mm zoom, a 55-210, a couple pancake lenses, plus sunshades, and a few filters in the main compartment with typical velcro dividers. Other pockets organize batteries, charger, cables, etc. No superfluous zippers or rings. The shoulder strap is wide and has a non-slip pad that's comfortable. The bright orange interior helps you find things. Outside straps for carrying a small tripod or umbrella are a plus. It's low-key too, a just tiny "AmazonBasics" logo. Seems well constructed; time will tell. Beneath the buckled top flap there's a zippered inner flap that's redundant except for the mesh pocket attached to it.

Minor peeves: The plastic buckles securing the outer flap often require both hands to secure. The adjusters for the tripod straps are clumsy. There's no waterproof cover...I carry a big plastic bag. I wish they made it in khaki or gray.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bag squeaks., November 20, 2013
The camera does it job.

4.0 out of 5 stars What!?, September 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very happy with this bag, but I wouldn't be if I needed it to be the size it is advertised as. The product description says (at least when I wrote this) the bag is 15 x 7.9 x 11.8 inches, but it isn't. Measuring with a tape measure and just eyeballing it, I measure it as 12.5 x 7 x 9 inches (outside of the bag). That is obviously a substantial difference. I would assume the wrong product description is given and that would be for a different bag.

Anyway, I am perfectly happy with the bag because the stuff I have fits in it, it is well built, and the price is decent.

So if you will be happy with a well-built, reasonably priced bag that is the dimensions I gave instead of the dimensions Amazon gives, you will probably be happy with this bag. If you are expecting the larger size bag, however, you will be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Well-Not as good as a Photo Backpack, October 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The price is right, but that is the best thing this gadget bag has going for it. The makers of the bag assume that a photographer will store a camera body, a couple of lenses and accessories in the bag. The problem with this assumption is that by doing that, it is not a bag to bring in the field. My Nikon D7100, with a 18-300 lens ATTACHED, fits in this case. I then have a smaller section in the main compartment for a flash unit and filters. No other lens can fit unless I stack it on top of the camera. This would make taking the camera in and out of the bag during field use impractical.

It has a separate padded slip inside the main compartment for an iPad mini. More side pockets and a mesh pocket under the hood for SD cards, batteries, and other accessories. In fact it has lots of small storage for these items. The front zippered full length pocket fits my celll phone and billfold easily. The top zips up and is padded. Then there is another top that goes over that for more protection, including being rainproof. The front of the bag can hold a tripod, always a plus since most low priced bags and packs do not have this feature.

The bag is lightweight without the gear and not too bad to carry with the above gear. The strap has a padded shoulder strap. It is better than the photo back pack with compartments in one critical area. It can hold non-photographic accessories(like a phone, billfold and tablet) more efficiently because there is designated storage for them thus making it easier to access these items.

This is the kind of bag I would take when I was traveling except for one major drawback. Professional photograhers suggest we do not travel with bags that easily identify as photo gear bags. This way we are not targets for thefts. And this is the dilemma on whether one should buy a gadget bag like this even at this low price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for compact camera systems, September 17, 2013
I've been searching for the perfect sized bag for my mirrorless Samsung NX20 and I've finally found it at a great price. Easily fits my camera body, 30mm pancake, 60mm macro (a hefty lens), 18-55mm kit lens and 50-200mm zoom. Plenty of extra room for charger, batteries, filters, etc. Also, really like the tripod straps, which fits my Slik Sprint Mini II perfectly (I wouldn't recommend carrying larger, heavier tripods, however). The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 star is the shoulder strap material seems really cheap (the pad is fine) and the zippers are not very heavy duty. However, at this price point, I certainly can't complain about these shortcomings and expect that with regular use they will hold up fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed for $22, June 25, 2014
I have 2 other canon t3i size cases and wanted a little bigger one. Was looking at another lowepro and for the same specs it would have been $60+ So I gave this one a try and very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but maybe too small if you have more than two lenses, July 7, 2014
The bag is strong, and the interior really soft to protect your lenses and camera. The only thing is that this bag might be a little bit too small if you want to put more than two lenses and one flash, so I won't say that it is for Large DSLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold my Nikon, June 28, 2014
I need more camera accessories to fill it up now! Love the case though - holds my camera, extra lens, battery and charger and still I have room!

Rate and Discover Movies