5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bag for My Micro 4/3rd System Camera
Published 13 months ago by Chief

3.0 out of 5 stars Bag squeaks.
The camera does it job.
I can fit my Rebel T3 in there with a tamron 18-200mm + lens hoods attached to the body. Then there's still space for my 50mm prime lens and an external flash.

I would rate this as a 5 stars but the bag squeaks when walking. It squeaks because of the plastic hings and the shoulder strap.
Published 10 months ago by Johnny

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bag for My Micro 4/3rd System Camera, August 22, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior) (Camera)
I just converted from my old dinosaur DSLR equipment and the huge bag it takes to hold everything to a DLSM (mirrorless) micro 4/3rds system. Since I no longer need a huge bag to haul my new system, I tried two other bags...then, I found this bag. I am not kidding, this bag is absolutely perfect. It holds my Panasonic Lumix G series body with a pancake lens, two Lumix power zoom lenses, filters and has just enough room left for another small camera like a superzoom. It is extremely well padded with adjustable compartments. There is plenty of secure extra storage for a phone, extra batteries, charger, etc. There is even a padded place for an iPad. The bag is easy to open with one hand and sits flat on it's bottom. It is perfect for the car. It sits well out of sight on the floorboard and when I need it, I can put it in the passenger seat and access everything I need without it slipping or sliding around like larger bags tend to do. If you want a top quality, incognito, camera bag look no further. Amazon hit a home run with this one.

UPDATE: I have had the bag several months now and it still impresses me. There is nothing I would change about this "five star" bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, February 16, 2014
I bought this camera bag to house my Nikon D5200 because a prior Case Logic bag I bought wasn't big enough (it was still quite nice, but just too small).

Here are my pros and cons.
Pros
1. Spacious. It fits the camera, lens, cables, battery, and battery charger all in the main compartment. I have the manual in the front pocket and there are still 2 empty pockets for me to place other things.
2. Looks nice. The orange interior makes finding things easier (a black interior would make literally everything blend in) and the exterior is well made.
3. The main compartment has 2 straps, velcro, and a zipper. I feel like my stuff is safe.
4. I haven't seen any of the issues with straps that others have mentioned. Not calling them liars or anything, but maybe theirs should've been exchanged for one without those problems.
5. Comes with a second strap that's attached to the sides if you prefer to use that rather than the handle that's already there.
6. The main compartment is customizable. You can remove the dividers and place them where you want. I liked this a lot because it lets me space out the inside how I like.

Cons
1. The main compartment takes a minute to get into. If you're forgetful like I am and have to get into the main compartment over and over again to get stuff you forget, this can get tedious.
2. You have to attach the straps to carry this bag by the handle. However, Pro #5 kind of cancels this out.

Overall, if you're buying a DSLR and you don't have a billion lenses, this is a great purchase. Multiple ways to carry it, lots of space, nice colors and build quality. AmazonBasics is becoming more and more awesome and I'm glad I got this bag. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a camera, a couple of lenses, and a need for some extra space.

4.0 out of 5 stars For $25, it'll do, September 24, 2013
DWPC (N. Arizona) - See all my reviews
You'll have to look hard to find a better camera bag for twice the money. It's "old school" in looks and subdivision. Convenient size for the casual shooter. It holds my Sony NEX with mounted 18-55mm zoom, a 55-210, a couple pancake lenses, plus sunshades, and a few filters in the main compartment with typical velcro dividers. Other pockets organize batteries, charger, cables, etc. No superfluous zippers or rings. The shoulder strap is wide and has a non-slip pad that's comfortable. The bright orange interior helps you find things. Outside straps for carrying a small tripod or umbrella are a plus. It's low-key too, a just tiny "AmazonBasics" logo. Seems well constructed; time will tell. Beneath the buckled top flap there's a zippered inner flap that's redundant except for the mesh pocket attached to it.

Minor peeves: The plastic buckles securing the outer flap often require both hands to secure. The adjusters for the tripod straps are clumsy. There's no waterproof cover...I carry a big plastic bag. I wish they made it in khaki or gray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, great price, October 20, 2013
C. Bayne "katluvr_1" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, I got this through the Vine program, so for me, "free" was the best price. However, the $24.99 that this is going for right now is still a great price. Especially since this is so well built. This is called a "gadget" bag, but it's really a DSLR camera bag. This is great for your camera, your lenses, various batteries, a small tablet (like a Kindle) and probably a bunch of other stuff, but I ran out of camera things. If you take the cushions out and leave it somewhere, you'll find that an 11 lb cat will fit in it, though he can't lay down. But he will try.

Once you chase the cat out, if you don't want to put in a DLSR, you can fit a Kindle Paperwhite with a case, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 in a Quorky case, an Elph camera with a case, a Limeade Blaset 18000 mah with case, an EasyAcc 12000mah power bank (without a case, though I'm sure if it's not too big, you can include it), various charging plugs, a screen wipe, and a small thing of lotion. If you take the internal cushioned separators out, you can put Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book, a small bag of jerky, and a candy bar. That's not even including the stuff you can put in the two side pockets and the front pocket.

All silliness aside, this is really well built. The stitching is tight, the zippers run smooth, the sides are cushioned really well, and the things that are for separating your lenses and stuff are also good cushions. This is small enough to shove under the airplane seat in front of you, even if you're flying cattle class, yet as long as the person in front doesn't lean back, you can pull it back out again to get your stuff while the plane is flying.

This is not TSA friendly, though. If you have a lot of batteries or things with batteries in there, either take them out and put them in the plastic bins, or resign yourself to a pat down. (There is lead in batteries, and x-rays don't go through lead. TSA people get weird about this - FYI.)

This is very nice, looks professional, and is well built.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bag squeaks., November 20, 2013
The camera does it job.

4.0 out of 5 stars What!?, September 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very happy with this bag, but I wouldn't be if I needed it to be the size it is advertised as. The product description says (at least when I wrote this) the bag is 15 x 7.9 x 11.8 inches, but it isn't. Measuring with a tape measure and just eyeballing it, I measure it as 12.5 x 7 x 9 inches (outside of the bag). That is obviously a substantial difference. I would assume the wrong product description is given and that would be for a different bag.

Anyway, I am perfectly happy with the bag because the stuff I have fits in it, it is well built, and the price is decent.

So if you will be happy with a well-built, reasonably priced bag that is the dimensions I gave instead of the dimensions Amazon gives, you will probably be happy with this bag. If you are expecting the larger size bag, however, you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Affordable Gadget Bag!, October 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Have you ever been shopping around for an electronics bag, and then saw, with great distress, how expensive they are (especially camera bags)? Well, fear no more, Amazonbasics has you covered!

This is an excellent gadget bag, and especially affordable too (at least at the time of this writing). Besides being affordable, it has a lot of other great attributes. First off, the bag's exterior is made of that nice nylon water repellent (NOT NECESSARILY WATERPROOF!) fabric, and it has a nice structured shape to it. There's the option of a handle on top, or a shoulder strap for carrying. The padded portion on the strap is adjustable (you can move it's position around) or you can even remove it if you don't like it. The bag also features many pockets (6 full pockets counting the inner ones with zipper closures, and two inner sleeves along with some pencil/pen holders), and very nice sturdy inner padding. The main compartment features many sub-compartments that are actually attached by velcro to the fuzzy inner walls. That means you can remove them completely or rearrange the compartments to better suit your needs! This was quite an innovative idea and greatly appreciated. The main compartment also has one of the sleeves (mentioned earlier) in it, which is made to hold an ipad or kindle or some other type of pad device. That's quite nifty too.

While this bag is doubtless great for cameras, because the inner compartment pockets are removable, this can technically be an "anything" bag. I'm personally going to use it to carry all my electronic junk (ipad, 3DS, phone charger, etc.) when I go on vacations. This should help me keep it all together but still more accessible than being stuck in a giant duffle bag. Plus, all the heavy padding makes my items much better protected than your average bag. There's even rubber bumpers on the bottom to pad it from shock whenever you set it on the floor!

Now, I'm going to list all the relevant measurements I can think of to try to help out other customers. Ok, so here goes: the outer dimensions- 9 inches tall, 7 inches wide (without anything in it, it might get wider if you stuff it full), and 13 inches long. The two small pockets on the side are 6in. high by 5 in. wide (depth would vary on how full you stuff it). The front pocket is 11in. wide by 6.5in. tall. The interior dimensions of the main inner pocket (not counting all the removable compartments) are 10in. long by 5in. wide, and 6.5in. high. Lastly, the shoulder strap is 56.5in. when fully extended, and 35.5in. when shortened as much as you can get it (without removing the shoulder pad). You could probably get it even shorter if you took the shoulder pad off, but I don't know why anyone would need it that short. Anyway, that's all I can think of, hope it helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable Great Protection for your Gadgets, October 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Amazon Gadget Bag is well constructed and fairly sturdy, and should hold up for quite a while. The design is different than several other bags I have seen and/or used. When you unbuckle to open the top flap there is Velcro that also holds it in place, connected to a zippered cover over the main interior. This can be a little annoying as it takes more time getting to your gadgets. But it is a good safety feature in the event that your buckles somehow come out when the bag is slung over your shoulder, i.e., nothing will fall out. The bag is quite well padded to provide protection if dropped. The shoulder strap is pretty well padded providing more than adequate comfort for longer treks and the carry handle padding is also pretty good.

The interior will hold a DSLR body with 1 to 3 small to medium lenses, depending upon the size of the lenses and hoods you wish to take. In other words, it will not hold a DSLR body and a 70-200 lens. For instance, it will hold a Nikon D7000 with MB-11 Battery Pack attached (standing), along with a Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 lens with hood attached, and a Nikon Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 with its hood unattached in a separate slot. The bag width is such that the camera body fits quite snug.

On the inside of the interior lid is a zippered mesh pocket which is good for extra memory cards, cleaning cloths and other smaller thin items. The outside front zippered pocket, which is covered by the flap when closed, has another zippered mesh pocket inside, an open space and another un-zippered pouch, along with two holders for lens pens and the like. This outside pocket will easily hold a Kindle Fire HD 7" with the BUILT Slim Cover attached. There are zippered exterior pockets on either side, which provide quick access for spare batteries, spare lens caps, even an iPhone or other smart phone device. There are two straps at the bottom front allowing you to attach a tripod, though I have not used this feature.

This large Amazon Gadget Bag is quite useful for packing a small amount of select gear and various bits and bobs to take with you and will provide very good protection for your gadgets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Well-Not as good as a Photo Backpack, October 2, 2013
KIM "KIM" (Columbia, MD) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The price is right, but that is the best thing this gadget bag has going for it. The makers of the bag assume that a photographer will store a camera body, a couple of lenses and accessories in the bag. The problem with this assumption is that by doing that, it is not a bag to bring in the field. My Nikon D7100, with a 18-300 lens ATTACHED, fits in this case. I then have a smaller section in the main compartment for a flash unit and filters. No other lens can fit unless I stack it on top of the camera. This would make taking the camera in and out of the bag during field use impractical.

It has a separate padded slip inside the main compartment for an iPad mini. More side pockets and a mesh pocket under the hood for SD cards, batteries, and other accessories. In fact it has lots of small storage for these items. The front zippered full length pocket fits my celll phone and billfold easily. The top zips up and is padded. Then there is another top that goes over that for more protection, including being rainproof. The front of the bag can hold a tripod, always a plus since most low priced bags and packs do not have this feature.

The bag is lightweight without the gear and not too bad to carry with the above gear. The strap has a padded shoulder strap. It is better than the photo back pack with compartments in one critical area. It can hold non-photographic accessories(like a phone, billfold and tablet) more efficiently because there is designated storage for them thus making it easier to access these items.

This is the kind of bag I would take when I was traveling except for one major drawback. Professional photograhers suggest we do not travel with bags that easily identify as photo gear bags. This way we are not targets for thefts. And this is the dilemma on whether one should buy a gadget bag like this even at this low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag!, October 13, 2013
Weatherman (Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The title says it all! You cannot go wrong with this bag.

This bag could easily be priced much higher.

Zippers are tough.
Handles sturdy.
Large pockets.
Heavy, plastic molded buckles.
Roomy inside.

The inside is Velcro siding. Meaning you can fold or remove the siding and make it one large or half and half sides.

It's listed as a camera bag. However you can put gadgets, or even use it as an overnight bag.

Also there's a padded shoulder strap. And padded handle straps.

This bag would make a good gift.
Everyone can use bag!!