Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Grocery Shop Now DOTD

Style: Orange InteriorChange

on August 22, 2013
I just converted from my old dinosaur DSLR equipment and the huge bag it takes to hold everything to a DLSM (mirrorless) micro 4/3rds system. Since I no longer need a huge bag to haul my new system, I tried two other bags...then, I found this bag. I am not kidding, this bag is absolutely perfect. It holds my Panasonic Lumix G series body with a pancake lens, two Lumix power zoom lenses, filters and has just enough room left for another small camera like a superzoom. It is extremely well padded with adjustable compartments. There is plenty of secure extra storage for a phone, extra batteries, charger, etc. There is even a padded place for an iPad. The bag is easy to open with one hand and sits flat on it's bottom. It is perfect for the car. It sits well out of sight on the floorboard and when I need it, I can put it in the passenger seat and access everything I need without it slipping or sliding around like larger bags tend to do. If you want a top quality, incognito, camera bag look no further. Amazon hit a home run with this one.

UPDATE: I have had the bag several months now and it still impresses me. There is nothing I would change about this "five star" bag.

UPDATE: June 2015. Bag is holding up like a champ. No wear, nothing broken and hauling FIVE lenses and a camera body.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2014
I bought this camera bag to house my Nikon D5200 because a prior Case Logic bag I bought wasn't big enough (it was still quite nice, but just too small).

Here are my pros and cons.
1. Spacious. It fits the camera, lens, cables, battery, and battery charger all in the main compartment. I have the manual in the front pocket and there are still 2 empty pockets for me to place other things.
2. Looks nice. The orange interior makes finding things easier (a black interior would make literally everything blend in) and the exterior is well made.
3. The main compartment has 2 straps, velcro, and a zipper. I feel like my stuff is safe.
4. I haven't seen any of the issues with straps that others have mentioned. Not calling them liars or anything, but maybe theirs should've been exchanged for one without those problems.
5. Comes with a second strap that's attached to the sides if you prefer to use that rather than the handle that's already there.
6. The main compartment is customizable. You can remove the dividers and place them where you want. I liked this a lot because it lets me space out the inside how I like.

1. The main compartment takes a minute to get into. If you're forgetful like I am and have to get into the main compartment over and over again to get stuff you forget, this can get tedious.
2. You have to attach the straps to carry this bag by the handle. However, Pro #5 kind of cancels this out.

Overall, if you're buying a DSLR and you don't have a billion lenses, this is a great purchase. Multiple ways to carry it, lots of space, nice colors and build quality. AmazonBasics is becoming more and more awesome and I'm glad I got this bag. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a camera, a couple of lenses, and a need for some extra space.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2014
In the main compartment I have my Canon SL1 with the 55-250 lens on. I also have my Canon 18-55 lens, my Tamron 18-270 lens, my Panasonic HDC camcorder and my Canon 430EX II flash in its case. Everything fits in there very comfortably and securely. I still have a large pocket in the back of the main section where I have 2 camera lens covers, a microfiber cloth and a UV filter. In one of the side pockets I have two extra Vivitar batteries and a charger with a car charger (2 Pack) LP-E12 Battery and Charger Kit for for CANON REBEL SL1, EOS M, 100D - Includes: 2 Vivitar Ultra High Capacity Rechargeable 1275mAh Li-ion Batteries + AC/DC Vivitar Rapid Travel Charger + Cleaning Kit + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth . I still have another side pocket that I haven't even used. It is comfortable to carry and at only $20 this case deserves 10 stars. With the exception of not having an all weather cover, this case is perfect......
review image
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2013
Style: Gray InteriorVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK, I got this through the Vine program, so for me, "free" was the best price. However, the $24.99 that this is going for right now is still a great price. Especially since this is so well built. This is called a "gadget" bag, but it's really a DSLR camera bag. This is great for your camera, your lenses, various batteries, a small tablet (like a Kindle) and probably a bunch of other stuff, but I ran out of camera things. If you take the cushions out and leave it somewhere, you'll find that an 11 lb cat will fit in it, though he can't lay down. But he will try.

Once you chase the cat out, if you don't want to put in a DLSR, you can fit a Kindle Paperwhite with a case, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 in a Quorky case, an Elph camera with a case, a Limeade Blaset 18000 mah with case, an EasyAcc 12000mah power bank (without a case, though I'm sure if it's not too big, you can include it), various charging plugs, a screen wipe, and a small thing of lotion. If you take the internal cushioned separators out, you can put Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book, a small bag of jerky, and a candy bar. That's not even including the stuff you can put in the two side pockets and the front pocket.

All silliness aside, this is really well built. The stitching is tight, the zippers run smooth, the sides are cushioned really well, and the things that are for separating your lenses and stuff are also good cushions. This is small enough to shove under the airplane seat in front of you, even if you're flying cattle class, yet as long as the person in front doesn't lean back, you can pull it back out again to get your stuff while the plane is flying.

This is not TSA friendly, though. If you have a lot of batteries or things with batteries in there, either take them out and put them in the plastic bins, or resign yourself to a pat down. (There is lead in batteries, and x-rays don't go through lead. TSA people get weird about this - FYI.)

This is very nice, looks professional, and is well built.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2014
The interiors are very soft and give the security I need for the camera and extra lenses. Everything I would carry normally fits nicely and the zippers and pockets are strong. I would say the quality is very high. The case is waterproof, which is what finally made me purchase it, this was a very important factor for me. I'm very pleased with this item. Amazon developed a high quality camera case for a very reasonable price, and can compete with the big photography equipment brands.
review image
on December 20, 2014
Awesome bag! As you can see in the image, it's holding my Canon 70D fitted with a 18-135 lens and filter+hood, and also another Canon 70-300 USM lens, and a 50 mm f/1.8 lens (I can stack up more on top of the 50mm like another 85 mm or 40mm pancake if needed. There's also my oversized Pixel Mago flash with diffuser and also my Sony PJ820 Handycam. On the side pockets, it's holding the battery charger, all of the batteries and cleaning kit. In the pockets are filters, spare memory cards, cables, etc. As you can see, the bag is slightly stressed but once closed (pic 3), it works smoothly and protects everything nicely. My tripod/monopod can hook up to it as well although I like to keep that separately. I love the fact that it can hold so much. I especially love the fact that the whole strap can go cross shoulder for my size (since I am relatively huge guy). Overall, Love this bag and will keep an eye on a MkII version of this.
review image review image review image
on September 24, 2013
You'll have to look hard to find a better camera bag for twice the money. It's "old school" in looks and subdivision. Convenient size for the casual shooter. It holds my Sony NEX with mounted 18-55mm zoom, a 55-210, a couple pancake lenses, plus sunshades, and a few filters in the main compartment with typical velcro dividers. Other pockets organize batteries, charger, cables, etc. No superfluous zippers or rings. The shoulder strap is wide and has a non-slip pad that's comfortable. The bright orange interior helps you find things. Outside straps for carrying a small tripod or umbrella are a plus. It's low-key too, a just tiny "AmazonBasics" logo. Seems well constructed; time will tell. Beneath the buckled top flap there's a zippered inner flap that's redundant except for the mesh pocket attached to it.

Minor peeves: The plastic buckles securing the outer flap often require both hands to secure. The adjusters for the tripod straps are clumsy. There's no waterproof cover...I carry a big plastic bag. I wish they made it in khaki or gray.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
The camera does it job.
I can fit my Rebel T3 in there with a tamron 18-200mm + lens hoods attached to the body. Then there's still space for my 50mm prime lens and an external flash.

I would rate this as a 5 stars but the bag squeaks when walking. It squeaks because of the plastic hings and the shoulder strap.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2014
As what others mentioned, the size is just perfect... not too large but not too small. I can fit my DLSR with 18-200mm lens and extended battery pack, along with my external flash, and my Sony camcorder & charger in the main compartment. My DLSR battery charger fits perfectly in the side pocket, and there's a plethora of other pockets available through out this bag.

The only thing that I didn't like was the velcro underneath the large flap cover. It made opening the case annoying and loud when I needed to be quiet at times. So what I did was I cut a piece of velcro that I had picked up from Home Depot ($2) and put some black electrical tape over the sticky side so it didn't stick to the large flap cover. That way the large flap cover is only held on by the 2 external buckle clips. If I want to use the velcro again, I'll just peel off the velcro pieces and everything will be back to normal. I uploaded a pic to show what I meant.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon October 13, 2013
Style: Gray InteriorVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I own a DSLR backpack as well a DSLR sling (this one from Case Logic, which has been and remains my all-around favorite: Case Logic CPL-107GY Camera Sling for DSLR, Gray), but I also wanted a shoulder bag I could "grab and go" for short excursions. When the chance to get this Amazon Basics version came up via the Vine program, I decided to get it to give it a test run. I am really pleased with this bag overall, and I think the current price offering of $25 (as of this writing) makes it a great deal.

The two side pockets are great for storing things you want to get fast access to, or for dropping in your lens cap. They both can be zipped shut with top zippers that can be quickly utilized. The top cover not only buckles securely at the front, but also grabs the top of the bag with Velcro. It acts as a protective overlay across the top of the bag that provides extra protection against water damage from rain, etc.

The front pocket has a zipper mesh lining, which is on the inside of the front of this pocket. I use it to store extra SD cards within a case I have for them. It also has a place to insert a couple of pens, and an open pocket against the back side of this pocket. The top of the case zips shut, and has yet another mesh pocket underneath. This top cover is also thickly padded, as is the bottom and the sides of the bag.

There are four adjustable dividers within the main compartment of the bag, which allows for flexibility of how you configure the interior. Keep in mind that even though this bag is touted as a "large," if you own a full-size DSLR your configuration choices will be limited, depending on which lens you have attached (if any). Since I want this bag to be a "grab-and-go", I want keep my primary lens attached, which is a Canon EF24-105mm IS lens on a Canon 6D body. I found my choices are very limited in how to position the camera within the bag due to its size (see my uploaded photos for reference).

The slot the bag has to carry your iPad Mini, Nexus 7, or Kindle Fire is exactly that....a slot. I am able to fit in my Kindle Fire 8.9" HD, but just barely, which you can also see in the photos I uploaded. It slightly sticks up at the top, but it's better than not having this capability at all, I suppose.

Overall, though, I do recommend the bag consider it very high quality construction and its price. I hope the review and the photos help you in your purchasing decision, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. Thanks for reading!
review image review image review image