1,224 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My MacBok Air Loves this - Unbelievable Value
Published 10 months ago by Steve H

2.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Case; Doesn't Fit Lenovo Yogas
Published 5 months ago by Philip Reese

5.0 out of 5 stars My MacBok Air Loves this - Unbelievable Value, November 8, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Firstly, this AmazonBasics 11.6-inch MacBook Air Sleeve is just that: a sleeve. It's not a case to travel with, there is no handle. However, there are many uses for a sleeve. It protects your computer on your desk at home or work when you are not using it. Furthermore, if the briefcase, messenger bag, or backpack you carry your computer in doesn't have quite as much padding as you would like in the computer compartment or it's not quite snug enough, the form fitting sleeve is perfect to add that extra protection for your cherished and costly device.

I love having the sleeve on my Macbook Air at my desk when not in use. This way I don't have to worry about a pen, or anything else with a sharp edge scratching it, etc. It's just that little protection when not in use.

With the AmazonBasics sleeve priced so low. What's not to love?

The quality? The quality is superb! Honestly, I have seen sleeves from other manufacturers easily costing 3x this much at the same quality level. The Air fits securely in the sleeve, it's not too tight and not too loose, as the description says "precise fit." It's perfect for the MacBoook Air.

Furthermore, as long as you insert the computer all the way into the sleeve and carefully close the zipper, there is just enough space and cushion that we hopefully won't have to worry about the zipper coming into contact with the computer. Still, I wouldn't carry the sleeve with the computer's weight pushing down against the zipper. Naturally, still be careful with the computer in the sleeve. If you have an impact, the computer can certainly still be damaged.

Overall, whether you use a sleeve to store your computer around the home or office, or use it as extra protection in computer bag, this sleeve won't let you down. The price is oh so right, and the quality is oh so good. Thanks Amazon. Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars An unintended bonus.....keep the styrofoam insert!, October 10, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
AmazonBasics, for anyone not familiar, is a return to reason and rational product design and pricing. Peripheral products like computer cables, batteries, cases etc. are deflated of overhyped claims, designed to serve their function in elegant simplicity and offered at an affordable price.

This laptop enclosure is appropriately called a Sleeve, because it correctly conveys it's main attribute of minimal bulk. It's for users who want to avoid scratches and cosmetic damage and offers a way to store or transport your laptop under your arm or nested in a larger bag. It's made of one neoprene sheet folded over, the sides are sewn/connected with what resembles the ballistic fabric often used in luggage, for durability and greater wear and give the case a width of about 5/8". The top is closed with a fine tooth zipper that curves around the outer edges 2" allowing it to be opened wide for easy access inside. Stitching, fit and finish, are all precise and convey efficient quality. My 11" MacBook air fits inside perfectly. The protection offered by the neoprene should absorb minor dinks and bumps without a problem. It is not, obviously, a laptop Otterbox, designed to withstand sledgehammer blows and falls off construction scaffolding. It offers similar protection of other cases I've purchased for 3 times the price and easily relieved my apprehension, considering the low price when I placed my order. There are no extra pockets or places to store any accessories. If it did, it would no longer be a Sleeve and would lose the slim, bulk-less profile which I wanted.

So consider your needs and if prefer something more steroidal or Himalayan Sherpa-like. The Sleeve ships in minimally wasteful packaging like all AmazonBasic products but it does come with one of those bendy Styrofoam inserts inside. If you want an extra layer of protection, I realized and experimented with, leaving the Styrofoam in there. (Yes, there is enough room, it doesn't look ridiculous and it did offer much more protection!) I decided to dispose of the insert after a week, but if you're a rambunctious type or have your sofa and chairs sealed in plastic, it is viable. Don't let the low price scare you off. A very nice laptop Sleeve you'll probably be very happy with.

2.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Case; Doesn't Fit Lenovo Yogas, March 26, 2014
I bought this case for my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. The build quality seems excellent and the protection seems very good for a sleeve, but only for laptops that truly fit into it; my Yoga 2 Pro did not. The corners stuck out at the top, providing no protection from bumps or drops, and rubbing against the zipper. We also tried it with an original series Yoga at work, but with no success there either.

The case is built well, such that it normally covers the inside of the zipper with foam/fabric to prevent rubbing, but at least for the two laptops we tried, it doesn't truly fit 13.3 inch computers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but too big for a MacBook Pro Retina..., November 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This sleeve seems to be very well made. The neoprene is sufficiently thick, and the zipper seems sturdy. However, it's much too loose for a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13.3". It is still usable, but the sleeve is a lot larger than what I would prefer.

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I had my doubts, but I grew to like this, August 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, what this is not. It is NOT a laptop bag. It is described with the word "sleeve" in the title, and that is a surprisingly accurate description.

Now I didn't think I was buying a laptop bag, but when it arrived, and I saw it just a sleeve, I thought "Well, this can't be the primary transport if I want to bring a mouse and a power brick and all that". So I was mildly disappointed in that.

But I put my laptop in there, and to my surprise it worked well as a protective sleeve, hence the name. Once I got over the initial disappointment (which I admit was mostly self induced), I grew to like this. For those times when I am NOT taking all the stuff with me (power brick, mouse, etc), I can just carry this, and the overall package is lessened by not having my full laptop bag with me.

There's some room in here, it's not a tight fit for me, and due to that, I can also put my iPad in here as well, and there's plenty of room. So it's a nice carrying bag (er, sleeve) for my laptop and iPad together (should I bring them both, which happens sometimes).

If I do need the full laptop bag, I can put this entire sleeve inside the larger laptop bag as well, so in the end I ended up liking this a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Acer C720 Chromebook, December 10, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
I just bought the Acer C720 4GB Chromebook for our daughter for Christmas, but wanted something she could use to carry it in. This sleeve even allows enough room to stuff the small power supply in there. No brainer for this particular Chromebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sleeve - comparable to more expensive ones..., November 6, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
No more than it claims to be, but the AmazonBasics 11.6" sleeve is well-made, provides a modicum of protection, and is equal to if not better than equivalent sleeves that have sold and reviewed well for years on Amazon. My daughter uses the Case Logic 11.6 for her laptop and I prefer the quality of the Amazon Basics - the material seems to have a little more give. For those interested, it fits the Acer C720 Chromebook like it was made for it. The extra bit of flex in the material allowed me to keep the thin styrofoam insert that it ships with in the sleeve to add a bit more protection to the screen side of the C720 (I put the rear of the computer in first so the front faces the zipper - top of the computer facing the label on the sleeve). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Quality Protection, August 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Notice in the heading the phrase "lightweight". If you seek something beyond good lightweight protection this isn't your product. It's a "sleeve" and it is made of quality neoprene reinforced cellular foam in keeping with the lightweight nature of the MacBook Air it is meant to compliment. Do not buy this thinking if you drop your MacBook Air from chest level you will be protected.

Now that we've got that out of the way I can tell you I love this product. It fits perfectly, as it should, the MacBook 13.3" Air (all generations). It doesn't weigh much and is fantastic when you don't want to use a bag. Or, as I do I use it both to carry around my MacBook Air short distances and provide increased protection inside of my laptop bag when going between destinations. That tells you the profile is likely thin enough to use inside of your existing bag without taking up to much volume. I call this flexible use I truly appreciate.

For a fantastic price Amazon has delivered an excellent product. The materials and the zipper are faultless unless you simply require a heartier level of protection. If you do there may be other sleeves, (at commensurately higher prices to be sure) you should look at...Maybe just get a bag instead. Anyway, another good offering from Amazon I love and can recommend within it's intended purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and price - but consider (up)sizing for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, February 11, 2014
I've got a few of these for my laptops, and they're fine products for a great price.
One quick note about my most recent purchase of the 13.3 inch for the NEW (late 2013 / 2014 model year) Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro -- you might want to upsize this case to the 14" one. The 13.3 inch case, which probably fit the old Yoga, is EXTREMELY tight on the Yoga 2 Pro. Tight to the point that the zipper stitching and fabric are stretched, the power button sometimes even gets pushed inadvertently, and the zipper scrapes the edge of the laptop. And, of course, stretching the material reduces the cushioning - which is the entire point of this case anyway. I would recommend upsizing to the 14-inch model; yes, it WILL be a bit loose for sure - so if that bothers you and makes you feel like the case is just plain wrong, then you might need to just go for a totally different solution, like the OEM sleeve or another case. But, if you're like me, you might be just fine with the roominess of the 14-inch case... and it makes the laptop feel nicely cushioned, as well; in fact, you can consider the extra room a little "love handle" equivalent... the neoprene chubbiness can be used to grab the bag by the edge if you really want to. Regardless, at least it's not stretched to the point of popping, nor does it scrape against the laptop this way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but problems with fit, July 23, 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
Amazon continues its annoying policy of lumping together reviews for similar but different products. To be clear, this review is specifically for the 11.6 inch size.

The problem with this sleeve is that the corners are rounded. As a result it does not easily fit all 11 or 11.6 inch laptops, especially ones with square corners. The only way I could make my Dell Inspiron 11 fit was to cram it in and stretch the fabric so it would just barely zip around the edges. This makes the laptop hard to get in and out of the case, and may put enough stress on the seams to cause failure.

If your 11-inch laptop has squared edges it is safest to assume it will NOT fit this sleeve. There's a chance that it will, but as Dirty Harry says "Are you feeling lucky?" Another possibility is you could try getting the 13-inch size instead -- it should fit although your 11-inch laptop will probably be a bit loose.

I ended up buying a 12-inch sleeve by another manufacturer.

AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve