1,879 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My MacBok Air Loves this - Unbelievable Value
Published 13 months ago by Steve H

2.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Case; Doesn't Fit Lenovo Yogas
Published 9 months ago by Philip Reese

5.0 out of 5 stars My MacBok Air Loves this - Unbelievable Value, November 8, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Firstly, this AmazonBasics 11.6-inch MacBook Air Sleeve is just that: a sleeve. It's not a case to travel with, there is no handle. However, there are many uses for a sleeve. It protects your computer on your desk at home or work when you are not using it. Furthermore, if the briefcase, messenger bag, or backpack you carry your computer in doesn't have quite as much padding as you would like in the computer compartment or it's not quite snug enough, the form fitting sleeve is perfect to add that extra protection for your cherished and costly device.

I love having the sleeve on my Macbook Air at my desk when not in use. This way I don't have to worry about a pen, or anything else with a sharp edge scratching it, etc. It's just that little protection when not in use.

With the AmazonBasics sleeve priced so low. What's not to love?

The quality? The quality is superb! Honestly, I have seen sleeves from other manufacturers easily costing 3x this much at the same quality level. The Air fits securely in the sleeve, it's not too tight and not too loose, as the description says "precise fit." It's perfect for the MacBoook Air.

Furthermore, as long as you insert the computer all the way into the sleeve and carefully close the zipper, there is just enough space and cushion that we hopefully won't have to worry about the zipper coming into contact with the computer. Still, I wouldn't carry the sleeve with the computer's weight pushing down against the zipper. Naturally, still be careful with the computer in the sleeve. If you have an impact, the computer can certainly still be damaged.

Overall, whether you use a sleeve to store your computer around the home or office, or use it as extra protection in computer bag, this sleeve won't let you down. The price is oh so right, and the quality is oh so good. Thanks Amazon. Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars An unintended bonus.....keep the styrofoam insert!, October 10, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
AmazonBasics, for anyone not familiar, is a return to reason and rational product design and pricing. Peripheral products like computer cables, batteries, cases etc. are deflated of overhyped claims, designed to serve their function in elegant simplicity and offered at an affordable price.

This laptop enclosure is appropriately called a Sleeve, because it correctly conveys it's main attribute of minimal bulk. It's for users who want to avoid scratches and cosmetic damage and offers a way to store or transport your laptop under your arm or nested in a larger bag. It's made of one neoprene sheet folded over, the sides are sewn/connected with what resembles the ballistic fabric often used in luggage, for durability and greater wear and give the case a width of about 5/8". The top is closed with a fine tooth zipper that curves around the outer edges 2" allowing it to be opened wide for easy access inside. Stitching, fit and finish, are all precise and convey efficient quality. My 11" MacBook air fits inside perfectly. The protection offered by the neoprene should absorb minor dinks and bumps without a problem. It is not, obviously, a laptop Otterbox, designed to withstand sledgehammer blows and falls off construction scaffolding. It offers similar protection of other cases I've purchased for 3 times the price and easily relieved my apprehension, considering the low price when I placed my order. There are no extra pockets or places to store any accessories. If it did, it would no longer be a Sleeve and would lose the slim, bulk-less profile which I wanted.

So consider your needs and if prefer something more steroidal or Himalayan Sherpa-like. The Sleeve ships in minimally wasteful packaging like all AmazonBasic products but it does come with one of those bendy Styrofoam inserts inside. If you want an extra layer of protection, I realized and experimented with, leaving the Styrofoam in there. (Yes, there is enough room, it doesn't look ridiculous and it did offer much more protection!) I decided to dispose of the insert after a week, but if you're a rambunctious type or have your sofa and chairs sealed in plastic, it is viable. Don't let the low price scare you off. A very nice laptop Sleeve you'll probably be very happy with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., November 12, 2014
Recently, I spent my hard earned money on a 13.3" Macbook Pro Mid 2012. I like to take care of my personal belongings, and this $1000 piece of machinery was no exception. So this began my search for a laptop sleeve. Wandering my local general stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.) I noticed a cheap laptop sleeve (as in cheap quality) was nearly $16! I was like HECK NO! So I jumped on Amazon (btw amazon is the best shoutout to all the hard workers running this website and service) and searched a laptop sleeve. After approximately 9.24 seconds of searching I came across this gem. COULD IT BE?!?? An affordable, durable, and classy laptop sleeve for under $10. Being the educated consumer I started to read reviews. I came across a few that said: Laptop Didn't Fit. This was it, this was the end, I built it all up to let myself down. But being the poor High-School student I am, I pocketed some of my parents lunch money and ordered it. When it got here I opened the package. You know the scene in Star Wars when Darth Vader removed his mask? That's what it was like, shocking, but beautiful. I unboxed it and immediately took my laptop out of my backpack (which was stored in a nice soft tee-shirt previous to this sleeve purchase) and tried to slip it in the case. Wow. The sleeve fit like a glove.

If you have a 13.3" Macbook Pro Mid 2012, I highly recommend this product. It protects your laptop very well and snug. No other sleeve is as affordable, fashionable, and durable as this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but too big for a MacBook Pro Retina..., November 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This sleeve seems to be very well made. The neoprene is sufficiently thick, and the zipper seems sturdy. However, it's much too loose for a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13.3". It is still usable, but the sleeve is a lot larger than what I would prefer.

2.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Case; Doesn't Fit Lenovo Yogas, March 26, 2014
I bought this case for my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. The build quality seems excellent and the protection seems very good for a sleeve, but only for laptops that truly fit into it; my Yoga 2 Pro did not. The corners stuck out at the top, providing no protection from bumps or drops, and rubbing against the zipper. We also tried it with an original series Yoga at work, but with no success there either.

The case is built well, such that it normally covers the inside of the zipper with foam/fabric to prevent rubbing, but at least for the two laptops we tried, it doesn't truly fit 13.3 inch computers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon recommended to purchase this sleeve also and I purchased it ..., December 7, 2014
When I ordered "Lenovo Flex 2 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (59418276) Grey", Amazon recommended to purchase this sleeve also and I purchased it with the laptop but it's too small for "Lenovo Flex 2 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (59418276) Grey" and so hard to do zip. Because I live in Korea, not USA, I gave up my claim to Amazon. Do not purchase it with Lenovo product!

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I had my doubts, but I grew to like this, August 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, what this is not. It is NOT a laptop bag. It is described with the word "sleeve" in the title, and that is a surprisingly accurate description.

Now I didn't think I was buying a laptop bag, but when it arrived, and I saw it just a sleeve, I thought "Well, this can't be the primary transport if I want to bring a mouse and a power brick and all that". So I was mildly disappointed in that.

But I put my laptop in there, and to my surprise it worked well as a protective sleeve, hence the name. Once I got over the initial disappointment (which I admit was mostly self induced), I grew to like this. For those times when I am NOT taking all the stuff with me (power brick, mouse, etc), I can just carry this, and the overall package is lessened by not having my full laptop bag with me.

There's some room in here, it's not a tight fit for me, and due to that, I can also put my iPad in here as well, and there's plenty of room. So it's a nice carrying bag (er, sleeve) for my laptop and iPad together (should I bring them both, which happens sometimes).

If I do need the full laptop bag, I can put this entire sleeve inside the larger laptop bag as well, so in the end I ended up liking this a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Acer C720 Chromebook, December 10, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
I just bought the Acer C720 4GB Chromebook for our daughter for Christmas, but wanted something she could use to carry it in. This sleeve even allows enough room to stuff the small power supply in there. No brainer for this particular Chromebook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for MacBook 11", May 27, 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
I have a soft case for this already--that has a slip pocket for the MacBook 11" and a larger pocket for my cord + anything else; but I wanted just a slip case, for those many times when I just need my MacBook with me when waiting for an appointment or when my usage will not exceed my battery life. This fits the MacBook 11" perfectly and pads it. It's perfect for what I wanted. With my larger case, the MacBook would survive most drops. With this one, probably a hard/long drop might damage the MacBook, even though it's padded. This slip case keeps my MacBook from slipping around on my passenger seat and it protects it from any dings as I walk along or bump it off the table onto the carpet. With the right kind of fall (landing more flat than on an edge), since it is padded, even a drop to the parking lot that I walked along probably would not harm it. For this price, great purchase! Well, well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sleeve - comparable to more expensive ones..., November 6, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Personal Computers)
No more than it claims to be, but the AmazonBasics 11.6" sleeve is well-made, provides a modicum of protection, and is equal to if not better than equivalent sleeves that have sold and reviewed well for years on Amazon. My daughter uses the Case Logic 11.6 for her laptop and I prefer the quality of the Amazon Basics - the material seems to have a little more give. For those interested, it fits the Acer C720 Chromebook like it was made for it. The extra bit of flex in the material allowed me to keep the thin styrofoam insert that it ships with in the sleeve to add a bit more protection to the screen side of the C720 (I put the rear of the computer in first so the front faces the zipper - top of the computer facing the label on the sleeve). Highly recommended.

AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve