4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, only concern is locking mechanism.
So, after a bit of research.. I bought this case.

I won't be long winded, but this case is built to last! It's very heavy duty.. as in.. it could drop on the floor and I wouldn't worry about the vita. It is extremely rubberized - i.e. thick rubber all around.

Published 16 months ago by J. L. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable Case for Just the Unit
This case is very durable and I feel like I can throw it anywhere when I go on a trip and it will be safe, however the lack of space to carry any other accessories outside of a few games (which is an out of date feature since almost all games are now digital downloads, especially on this device) makes it only marginally useful. Without a way to carry my charger (wall or...
Published 11 months ago by TwoSpade

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, only concern is locking mechanism., August 22, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: AmazonBasics Heavy Duty Vault Case for PlayStation Vita (Officially Licensed by Sony) (Video Game)
So, after a bit of research.. I bought this case.

It holds the Vita nicely, and has slots for four games and a memory card - always handy!

There is room for earphones.. but I'd worry about them scratching the screen. There is a cloth attached to the case to protect the glass.. but you can never be too careful!

I did some research though.. and this seems to be the same exact vault case as one made by a company called Rocketfish.. they released their's last year for the same price!

But, who cares who made it.. this case WILL protect your Vita!

My only concern is the locking clasp on the front.. this seems to be the only low quality portion of the case.. it feels like it is made from a different type of plastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects Vita from nuclear blasts!, August 26, 2013
Blobcat (El Segundo, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ok maybe not nuclear blasts, but when they say "heavy duty" they really mean HEAVY duty.

I bought this mostly because I was looking for something to store my new Vita and a couple games when not in use. I saw it on sale one day and it looked like it fit the bill so I went ahead and bought it, not sure what to expect. I was pretty surprised when I first opened the box and saw the giant clamshell. None of the pictures really get across exactly how big and solid this thing is.

Its a hard case, bigger and heavier than the Vita. The Vita fits snugly into the bottom half of the shell in a thick rubberized cutout. When the Vita is in there it doesn't move at all unless you deliberately pop it out using the finger grooves at the bottom. There are also slots in the upper half of the shell to securely slide in 3 game cards and one memory card. Between the halves of the shell is a soft padded flap to cover the Vita's screen, presumably so you could toss some other accessories in there as well. Unfortunately there is no room for the charger brick, but the USB cable would probably fit.

Overall this case looks to be EXTREMELY sturdy. Will it protect the Vita from drops? Heck you could probably throw this thing at a brick wall and the Vita would be fine. The only potential weak point I see is on the clasp. As another reviewer said it looks a bit cheaper than the rest of the case. But as long as you don't go throwing it repeatedly at brick walls you should be fine.

I would say I definitely like this case, but it is not for everybody. If you're looking for a case to store your Vita or protect it when packed in something like a suitcase or backpack this is probably your best option. If you're looking for something with lots of storage for games and accessories, but aren't as concerned about it getting tossed around a lot then you should probably opt for one of the fabric cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit for the new vita slim 2000 model but works well, March 10, 2014
Snagged this after I picked up a new slim vita off ebay. The case works great although it is an extremely tight fit. The new vita is a tighter fit due to the round edges but will still work great in this case. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have The New Slim Vita (2000)? It will fit perfectly!, May 9, 2014
I bought the Borderlands2 PS Vita bundle and was keeping the system in the old Vita sleeve for protection. I needed a hardshell case to keep it in because I was going on vacation and needed extra protection in my backpack. I bought this case thinking I can rig with extra bummer support seeing that the new version is slimmer. I was overjoyed when I found out the inside cutout fits the slim vita (2000) like a glove. All the cut outs on the top for the volume and power buttons line up, the camera fits in the divot in the back and there is not wiggle room!! Nice and secure in it's shock proof vault case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good, March 8, 2014
This thing is a goddamn brick. It doesn't hold as many games (only 3 despite having plenty of space for more), have the soft cloth lining, or the strap for the vita like other cases but I love it. The insides are rubberized and fits perfectly around the system, the shell is hard plastic, and it has a small cloth-board thing that covers it. It feels ridiculously high quality, and I mean ridiculous. It's almost excessive in the quality needed to do the job, but that's why I like it. Nothing is going to happen to my vita while it's in this case. People have said some things about the clasp. maybe in earlier versions it was a problem, but it feels very durable. I've dropped it empty and while my vita was inside, both times it held out perfectly. I recommend not dropping it on tile or wood, because it could damage the floor, and it sounded like I dropped an actual brick. I wish I could live in this thing because it's so snug and secure.

No regrets. The limited cartridge space doesn't even bother me, I download most games, and if there's no slot i just chuck it behind the cloth hinge (I have a screen protector and skin). If you're paranoid and need stupid high quality, want a good case that looks beastly, and worth more than it actually costs, buy this. If you own a Vita, then you absolutely must buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection, but won't hold accessories, November 21, 2013
Very well crafted, very sturdy, very beefy. It is hard to imagine anything damaging the Vita when it is in this case. It is worth noting, this case will hold the Vita, a memory card, and 3 games, but not much else. It *may* hold a set of ear buds, but it won't hold those included with an iPhone 5, for example.

My priority was protection, and I think this case is the best out there when it comes to that.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good case for Older model PS vita but NOT for the new model PS vita slim PCH-2000, May 31, 2014
This is very good case for PS vita protection but if you have the older model of PS vita. The new PS vita 2000 fits in too but it is extremely tight to the point where you have to force it in and after closing the lid opening is not easy either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad case, May 8, 2014
This fits really tight on the new slim Vita. You almost have to push it to get it all the way in. But it does fit. It's definitely heavy duty. Probably weighs 2-3 lbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for PS Vita!, December 6, 2013
Excellent case for PS vita. The hard shell protects the outside wonderfully while the inside is perfect fit for the vita. The case covers every detail--even down to an indent for the rear camera. I also love the convenient slots for up to 3 games and a spare memory card. I have had this case for one year now, traveled with it, taken it everywhere in a backpack or purse etc and it still looks like the day I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a rock, September 16, 2014
This thing almost feels like it could take a bullet. It's a tank among cases, and despite some claims to the contrary, it houses the new model 2000 just fine, without pressing down any of the buttons, including the power; just slip it in top first, and pop the bottom in afterward. It's a snug fit, but you'd want it to be if you dropped it, and it comes back out without fuss. The design is thoughtful, with care taken to make sure it can stand up to some pretty decent force, and the setting is lined with a hard rubber to absorb shock. There's even a groove for the camera to keep it from being damaged. You can also slip a microfiber cloth in behind the felt screen padding so you always have one handy, if you're finicky about having a pristine screen.

Having only four game card slots sucks, but that can be overlooked in exchange for a case you know won't let you down when it comes to protecting your expensive hardware from being crushed or dropped while you're out. It's well built, it looks nice, and it feels like it can take some punishment. They don't come much better than this.