Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on October 3, 2012
I purchased this in black along with Amazon's own TPU case and both were surprisingly good.

Pros:
Great fit. It's snug and keeps the sleek look of the iPhone5.
The back is a clear, hard plastic that shows off the amazing back of the iPhone5. The sides are made out of TPU(?)
There is a lip design that allows the phone from touching the surface when faced down.
Holes for camera and lock screen are perfect. Buttons line up and has enough resistance to avoid accidental presses.
Comes with an anti glare screen protector (I cannot review this because I already have one on but it seems to line up well with the phone)
No obtrusive branding!

Cons:
The plastic back *may* be prone to scuffs (speaking only from previous experience with similar cases)
Large cutout on the bottom (this is very minor and may not be a Con for many users)
NEEDS MORE COLOR OPTIONS!

If you're one of those looking to show off the natural look of your new iPhone5 but also want substantial protection, then this is definitely the case for you. I'd order another one if they made it in red!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 21, 2012
if you need a simple case that shows off the awesomeness of your iPhone5 then look no further :D
on October 4, 2012
I wanted a cheap case for temporary protection for my new iPhone 5, and this does the job. It is quite snug, and in fact was difficult to slip on without peeling up the edges of the screen protector that came with the case. I ended up with a small tear in one corner of the TPU from trying to stretch it into place over the screen protector.

The screen protector is a nice inclusion, but it's not the best I've seen. Mine had some dust or lint on the adhesive surface; when I tried to wipe it off, it just smeared the adhesive, and now there are several small bubbles formed over the dust/lint grains that I can't work to the edge.

I'm just using this as a quick fix until I pick out a better case and screen protector, otherwise I'd ask Amazon for a replacement. I give this case a satisfactory (but not stellar) rating.
on February 15, 2013
Have not drop'd the case yet!

Lets start from the top, first clean your screen apply the added screen protector! Its just a standard hard plastic one, of good quality. Its no Zagg but hey it came with the case pretty good!

Next, if you are going to use the touch strap, put that on and then feed it though the strap hole. Kind of hard to put it on after you already have the case on, I really do like how you can use the strap with the case on!

Thats it Pull strap though case, Snug on the ends and your ready to go! All the ports are accessible with plenty of room, so you can use aftermarket cables, and large headphone plugs.

Great case!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I like hard shells, always use them on all my devices, especially if they're out of warranty. Losing my IPods is like losing a friend, when my 160gb went down I think I had withdrawals, so I try to be careful. I use mine a lot, maybe 13-15 hours a day on heavy ones, so I tested this out a bit before reviewing.

The shell is sturdy enough, but with a clear piece of plastic over the front to make certain you still have complete use. I figure it could take a minor jolt, depending on the angle, decently well. From my experience, they don't fall flat, so the plastic isn't a huge concern for the average, careful user. Far better than the IPod itself, that's for sure. The screen cover is nice and clean, easy to see through, which is a bigger issue than you'd think in cover covers. I've tried possibly sixty over the years and quite a few fall short there. The sun didn't bother it, no glare I mean, which is also a problem with a lot of others.

The downsides of this thing are that it doesn't seem to completely cover the device, not because of the wrong device but because of design. If I'm going to spring for a hard case, even a pseudo one like this, I want my decide covered on the areas that will make contact, and that's the corners, followed by the top or bottom. Also, I don't quite get the design, with it being grippable on the back but smooth as you go around the device. I don't like that because I sometimes slip my decide in my pocket and can just imagine gripping it wrong and boom.

Conclusion. Its decent. I personally wouldn't use it, but someone just wanting something to pop on and go could. Were I a causal device user, I would've scored it higher.
on February 11, 2013
I bought this case the same day that I bought my iPhone because I wasn't keen on the idea of spending another $40-$50 dollars on a case the exact same day that I spent $200 on a phone. I had it for about a week before I realized that I needed to get over it and buy a big boy case. I was never really a fan of the design or the feel because it's a semi-hard plastic that covers all of the buttons on the phone. It's almost like they looked at high end cases that have a soft rubber shell over a hard plastic case and tried to combine the two. It just doesn't work. The screen protector was probably the worst part because it never actually stayed on the phone. It only took three or four times for me to pull it out of my pocket before I had to reapply it because it somehow always managed to slide out from under the edge of the case. There are plenty of other options out that would be a better value than this even if they cost more.
on October 15, 2012
This is a perfect case for the iphone5. Its not too thick and covers all the right places (and leaves open the right places). I like how you can still see the two-toned back. The screen protecter it came with was worthless. I had to throw mine out. I'm also not sure about these "reasonabley strong men" that are having such a hard time with a little piece of plastic. I'm a 27 year old, not very strong girl, and I have no problem with the sleep button or with the volume buttons. I actually laughed when I read some of the other reviews.
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2012
I really have to give Amazon.com credit for creating a good basic case for the iPhone 5 that does not cost a lot of money. This is a basic plastic case that provides excellent protection for an iPhone at a third of the cost of many other cases. And it is just as good. The case even protects the buttons on the iPhone. I like that the back of the case is smooth and shiny so it will slip into and out of a pocket easily. I don't use screen protectors (one is supplied with the case along with a cleaning cloth) because I don't like them in general and I find that gorilla glass is pretty scratch resistant. I can't say the same for the rest of the iPhone 5 which without a case scratches easily (what was Apple thinking?). So I think a case is really needed with the iPhone 5. The case also comes in Amazon.com's frustration free packaging, which I appreciate. Why pay more?

Highly recommended.
on October 5, 2012
This thing was exactly what I was looking for. Protection from every day scratches of sitting the phone down while keeping the slim form factor and still showcasing the beauty of the phone.

The case fits perfectly and doesn't bulge out on the sides and the material is nice. Can't beat it for the price!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 23, 2013
I bought this for my ipod touch 5g. There's a few good things about it, and a few bad things about it.

Pros:
Light, and clear and doesn't take away from iPod. Looks like it can take a small fall from short distances and from pockets. Doesn't get in the way of the screen

Cons: Doesn't cover the bottom or top of the device completely. If you are clumsy this may not be the case for you because it doesn't seem like it can take heavy damage, and the open parts on the top and bottom can be damaged.

Overall: it's good, if you're not clumsy. If you drop your devices occasionally, I do not recommend.

See 1 answered question