5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product by Amazon!
I purchased this in black along with Amazon's own TPU case and both were surprisingly good.

Pros:
Great fit. It's snug and keeps the sleek look of the iPhone5.
The back is a clear, hard plastic that shows off the amazing back of the iPhone5. The sides are made out of TPU(?)
There is a lip design that allows the phone from touching the surface...
Published 18 months ago by HI Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Bland Case Review
Overall if you are looking for a functional case that is low cost this is a decent choice.

Published 18 months ago by SeaMed

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Bland Case Review, October 5, 2012

Cons: #1 The sleep/wake button and volume buttons are sealed in on this case, and since the plastic is hard, its difficult to press the buttons through the case. I am a strong guy and I have to press pretty hard to get a response from the phone. The case is so thick that there is no feedback from clicking the buttons, you have to look at the screen to see if you are adjusting the volume and or turning the phone on or off. The outer plastic case has no imprints on them so you cannot feel them to adjust the volume while you are on the phone, you must look... then press.

#2 This case has a strong semi flexible plastic feel to it. You can feel and see very minor imperfections as the case was molded and has some grooves and edges from the manufacturing process. The clear case, has the clarity similar to a clear water bottle.

Pros: Great protection from thick plastic, no interference from the flash taking pictures, and overall the case looks very nice on the white iPhone.

The bottom line, would I buy this case again or recommend it to a friend, well "NO" I would not, as the price has increased to $15.00, I purchased it for $10 a few days ago and for the problems pressing the buttons its out of the running. Overall Amazon has done a great job describing the phone as basic because this phone cover is basic and nothing else.

I warmed the case a little by letting it sit in the sun to soften before I put it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product by Amazon!, October 3, 2012
HI Life (HONOLULU, HAWAII, US) - See all my reviews

Pros:
Great fit. It's snug and keeps the sleek look of the iPhone5.
There is a lip design that allows the phone from touching the surface when faced down.
Holes for camera and lock screen are perfect. Buttons line up and has enough resistance to avoid accidental presses.
Comes with an anti glare screen protector (I cannot review this because I already have one on but it seems to line up well with the phone)
No obtrusive branding!

Cons:
The plastic back *may* be prone to scuffs (speaking only from previous experience with similar cases)
Large cutout on the bottom (this is very minor and may not be a Con for many users)
NEEDS MORE COLOR OPTIONS!

If you're one of those looking to show off the natural look of your new iPhone5 but also want substantial protection, then this is definitely the case for you. I'd order another one if they made it in red!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good case...screen protector not so much, October 3, 2012
HI Life (HONOLULU, HAWAII, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (Smoke) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
UPDATE
As many pointed out, the screen protector is bad. It's much harder to put on than other brands for some reason (don't know why because they use the same material..). The lock button works well IMO. Still, I'm lowering my review to 4 stars because of the screen protector and higher price point.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered this TPU case in smoke along with the clear cover case that Amazon is also selling. I usually don't buy items unless there's a substancial amount of reviews but I figured it's only 10 dollars and it's from Amazon so there should be no trouble returning them if there was something wrong with it.

The case fits well. It's snug enough that it won't come loose but it's also not too tight like some other cases (i.e. Poetic cases). The camera hole is large and all the buttons feel natural when pressed. I'm not a big fan of the large cutout on the bottom (my other case from TechArmor, which is very similar to this one, has separate cutouts which is nice), but at least you won't have to worry about your connectors not fitting. There is enough lip on the front of the case so the screen doesn't touch the surface when faced down. The case itself is made of TPU which is sort of a hard but flexible plastic. What I really like is that there's no obtrusive branding on it like many other cases.

I already have a screen protector on my phone so I did not install the included one. From the looks of it, It does seem to be anti-glare and lines up with the phone. From a subjective standpoint, the smoke goes really well with the white iPhone 5. Overall, another great, quality product by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, October 21, 2012
Length:: 0:51 Mins

if you need a simple case that shows off the awesomeness of your iPhone5 then look no further :D

3.0 out of 5 stars okay for the price, October 4, 2012
I wanted a cheap case for temporary protection for my new iPhone 5, and this does the job. It is quite snug, and in fact was difficult to slip on without peeling up the edges of the screen protector that came with the case. I ended up with a small tear in one corner of the TPU from trying to stretch it into place over the screen protector.

The screen protector is a nice inclusion, but it's not the best I've seen. Mine had some dust or lint on the adhesive surface; when I tried to wipe it off, it just smeared the adhesive, and now there are several small bubbles formed over the dust/lint grains that I can't work to the edge.

I'm just using this as a quick fix until I pick out a better case and screen protector, otherwise I'd ask Amazon for a replacement. I give this case a satisfactory (but not stellar) rating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Clear - translucent white, October 7, 2012
I specifically selected clear because I wanted the matte black of my iPhone to still be visible - protected but visible. I purchased this case in particular because of the extremely small selection available at the time the phone was launched and the price. I always intended to use this as a temporary solution.

Opening the package was more difficult then it should have been, considering the frustration free packaging.

In the hand the case appears to be clear, the TPU plastic is very thick. When placed on the iPhone you can see that it's not truly clear but rather a milky translucent white. I am very disappointed.

Additionally the power button is very difficult to use because the case is thick and the silicon rectangle indicated the power button is almost flush with the surrounding case - so to push the power/lock button you need to have the strength to push in the thick TPU case.

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably wouldn't recommend, February 11, 2013
Ron Brewer (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I bought this case the same day that I bought my iPhone because I wasn't keen on the idea of spending another $40-$50 dollars on a case the exact same day that I spent $200 on a phone. I had it for about a week before I realized that I needed to get over it and buy a big boy case. I was never really a fan of the design or the feel because it's a semi-hard plastic that covers all of the buttons on the phone. It's almost like they looked at high end cases that have a soft rubber shell over a hard plastic case and tried to combine the two. It just doesn't work. The screen protector was probably the worst part because it never actually stayed on the phone. It only took three or four times for me to pull it out of my pocket before I had to reapply it because it somehow always managed to slide out from under the edge of the case. There are plenty of other options out that would be a better value than this even if they cost more.

2.0 out of 5 stars This case stains easily, January 31, 2013
I got this case because it's very minimal and in. I generally prefer bumpers over full-blown cases. However, I would not recommend this case, at least in white. Mine began turning blue from putting it into my jeans pocket numerous times during the day. It looked great when it was new, but the staining ruined it, so I've gone back to a case I was using before I bought this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 15, 2012
This is a perfect case for the iphone5. Its not too thick and covers all the right places (and leaves open the right places). I like how you can still see the two-toned back. The screen protecter it came with was worthless. I had to throw mine out. I'm also not sure about these "reasonabley strong men" that are having such a hard time with a little piece of plastic. I'm a 27 year old, not very strong girl, and I have no problem with the sleep button or with the volume buttons. I actually laughed when I read some of the other reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT CLEAR!, October 13, 2012
Dissapointed as this "clear" option is not clear at all, the back is foggy and not transparent, like the gel feel otherwise.

ARRAY(0x9da562c4)