4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good case...screen protector not so much
UPDATE
As many pointed out, the screen protector is bad. It's much harder to put on than other brands for some reason (don't know why because they use the same material..). The lock button works well IMO. Still, I'm lowering my review to 4 stars because of the screen protector and higher price point.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered this TPU case in smoke...
Published 23 months ago by HI Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Bland Case Review
Overall if you are looking for a functional case that is low cost this is a decent choice.

Published 23 months ago by SeaMed

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Bland Case Review, October 5, 2012

Cons: #1 The sleep/wake button and volume buttons are sealed in on this case, and since the plastic is hard, its difficult to press the buttons through the case. I am a strong guy and I have to press pretty hard to get a response from the phone. The case is so thick that there is no feedback from clicking the buttons, you have to look at the screen to see if you are adjusting the volume and or turning the phone on or off. The outer plastic case has no imprints on them so you cannot feel them to adjust the volume while you are on the phone, you must look... then press.

#2 This case has a strong semi flexible plastic feel to it. You can feel and see very minor imperfections as the case was molded and has some grooves and edges from the manufacturing process. The clear case, has the clarity similar to a clear water bottle.

Pros: Great protection from thick plastic, no interference from the flash taking pictures, and overall the case looks very nice on the white iPhone.

The bottom line, would I buy this case again or recommend it to a friend, well "NO" I would not, as the price has increased to $15.00, I purchased it for $10 a few days ago and for the problems pressing the buttons its out of the running. Overall Amazon has done a great job describing the phone as basic because this phone cover is basic and nothing else.

I warmed the case a little by letting it sit in the sun to soften before I put it on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good case...screen protector not so much, October 3, 2012
HI Life (HONOLULU, HAWAII, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Protective TPU Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 - Smoke (Wireless Phone Accessory)
UPDATE

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered this TPU case in smoke along with the clear cover case that Amazon is also selling. I usually don't buy items unless there's a substancial amount of reviews but I figured it's only 10 dollars and it's from Amazon so there should be no trouble returning them if there was something wrong with it.

The case fits well. It's snug enough that it won't come loose but it's also not too tight like some other cases (i.e. Poetic cases). The camera hole is large and all the buttons feel natural when pressed. I'm not a big fan of the large cutout on the bottom (my other case from TechArmor, which is very similar to this one, has separate cutouts which is nice), but at least you won't have to worry about your connectors not fitting. There is enough lip on the front of the case so the screen doesn't touch the surface when faced down. The case itself is made of TPU which is sort of a hard but flexible plastic. What I really like is that there's no obtrusive branding on it like many other cases.

I already have a screen protector on my phone so I did not install the included one. From the looks of it, It does seem to be anti-glare and lines up with the phone. From a subjective standpoint, the smoke goes really well with the white iPhone 5. Overall, another great, quality product by Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars This case stains easily, January 31, 2013
I got this case because it's very minimal and in. I generally prefer bumpers over full-blown cases. However, I would not recommend this case, at least in white. Mine began turning blue from putting it into my jeans pocket numerous times during the day. It looked great when it was new, but the staining ruined it, so I've gone back to a case I was using before I bought this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts out good then stains...Booo!, December 31, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I decided to try out this Amazon basic case since I have a iphone 5 and finding a case initially was almost impossible. I have a white phone and like the clean lines of the AmazonBasics clear case. The plastic is somewhat glossy and provides ample protection. The buttons are all protected by the case and so are the silver areas around the port openings. I did like that. The one thing I did not like was the fact that after about a month, the case just took on a dingy appearance and started to look horrible. I have owned several white cases from other makers and have never experienced this other than on the AmazonBasics case and the Belkin white case I reviewed. Although I liked the coverage they provided, I would not recommend either case. I would recommend going with an Incase case if you are looking for a white case. The quality of the plastic is better and it will not pick stains like these do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Clear - translucent white, October 7, 2012
I specifically selected clear because I wanted the matte black of my iPhone to still be visible - protected but visible. I purchased this case in particular because of the extremely small selection available at the time the phone was launched and the price. I always intended to use this as a temporary solution.

Opening the package was more difficult then it should have been, considering the frustration free packaging.

In the hand the case appears to be clear, the TPU plastic is very thick. When placed on the iPhone you can see that it's not truly clear but rather a milky translucent white. I am very disappointed.

Additionally the power button is very difficult to use because the case is thick and the silicon rectangle indicated the power button is almost flush with the surrounding case - so to push the power/lock button you need to have the strength to push in the thick TPU case.

1.0 out of 5 stars much cheaper/poor quality than expected., November 21, 2012
really bad case. quality is bad is all the aspects. construction, feel, look. Fit is very snug and that is fine. But the power button was hard to operate.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT CLEAR!, October 13, 2012
Dissapointed as this "clear" option is not clear at all, the back is foggy and not transparent, like the gel feel otherwise.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price but fit is a little loose., October 8, 2012
T. Tom (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This case is not bad for the price but the fit is slightly loose around the screen.

It's a good 'interim' case but if you are willing to spend a more, you can get a much better case in another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Tacky, July 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love changing the case on my iPhone, and I was excited about this case, thinking maybe I could personalize it so I wouldn't feel the need to change the case so often. I have also had great experiences with other AmazonBasics products. Too bad this one was so far below expectations.

The case looks cheap when you put in on the phone. It looks nothing like the picture when it is on the phone. The phone is difficult to remove from the case as well.

The screen protector wouldn't loose all of the air bubbles, not matter much I scrapped it, and the little card that comes with the screen protector for scrapping didn't last until the bubbles were sufficiently gone.

I had this case on my phone for a couple of hours before the appearance of it drove me nuts and I had to remove it. In that two hours, the case got all scratched up from sitting on my kitchen counter and in my pocket.

I would recommend you avoid purchasing this case!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - Not great, November 7, 2012
The case is OK. It does everything that is says. My only complaint with the case is the power\sleep button is pretty difficult to press and the volume buttons are also a bit tough. I plan on getting a different case at some point because of the difficulty of the button. The lighting port, head phone jack are all easily accessible.

Rate and Discover Movies