Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on September 6, 2011
I used H2testw v1.4 to test 4 different cards that I bought on Amazon. To be fair I bought two of each. All 4 tested without errors, but the Amazon Basic cards tested slower on both the reads and writes. Not by much though.

EXTERNAL USB CARD READER:

Transcend 16gb Class 10 SDHC - #2
Writing speed: 14.0 MByte/s
Reading speed: 16.5 MByte/s

EDIT - 9/18/11

I ran the same tests using an internal SD card reader on my laptop instead of an external USB card reader. I also tested a pair of the Transcend 8gb Class 10 (FAST!!).

INTERNAL READER:

Reading speed: 21.6 MByte/s

Transcend 8gb Class 10 SDHC - #2
Writing speed: 17.2 MByte/s
Reading speed: 21.3 MByte/s

Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS16GSDHC10)
1111 comments|577 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2011
Let me start by saying that I love Amazon and have purchased many Amazon Basic Products. I have had no issues with any of their other products, but this one is completely defective. I am a professional photographer and I read some of the other reviews of this product but decided to give it a shot regardless. I did not however use it on any of my paid shoots because the reviews made me a bit nervous.

The very first use of this card was with my Nikon D7000 and about 20 shots in I started noticing that about 1/3 of my images were blacked out. After making sure everything was fine with my camera and lens, I started shooting again and the camera displayed an error code for the card. This camera has never had an issue before or since I used this card. I was able to load the images taken on this card to my computer (shot in raw format) and the black bar was in nearly every image.

This card my be worth the gamble if you are shooting just for fun, but I would personally recommend purchasing cards from sandisk or lexar. Don't risk it!

Like I said before, I love Amazon, but I find it necessary to leave an honest review.
1515 comments|258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2011
I received this item as a gift since I love taking pictures and HD video. All of that can really eat up space quickly, so I was glad I got a SDHC card.

I've used many other amazon basic items like HDMI cables and other electrical cords, and they've all served me well, so I didnt worry about a amazon branded SDHC card. For all I know, they're probably made on the same assembly line as a big brand name card like SanDisk or PNY.

Write speeds, they're quick. My old camera used to make me wait 2-3 seconds after taking a photo, and waiting for it to write on my old old SanDisk 2GB SD card. Now after using this, instantly, I can shoot more photos and videos without needing to wait for it to write to the card.

Read speeds are pretty quick, all my pictures and videos showed up within seconds. My old Sandisk would make me sit there for a minute or two while it read each image and created preview icons for them in windows.

I highly recommend it to anyone who's into photography or just likes to shoot tons of videos/photos. I tend to copy everything and save it on my computer when the card starts to get full, but if you're the type of person who saves it all on SD cards for a long time, you might opt to get a 8 or 16GB card instead.
44 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
I purchased this as a lightening deal and figured I would take a shot. Apparently my entire life I lived under the delusion that a memory card is just a memory card. WRONG!!! I used the card in my camera and it worked great for about 15 test shots. I brought the camera with me to a concert, excited to have ample room for a lot of pictures. Well it turned into a nightmare. I was able to take 3 or 4 pictures and then the camera would say "processing" for almost 10 minutes before I could take another picture. I put the camera aside, used my cell phone for pictures and then would try the camera again. It did this every single time I tried to use it. My first thought was that my trusty camera was going, but on a whim I tried switching out the card to the Transcend 16 gig card. The camera worked fine afterwards. To make matters worse, any pictures that I had taken on this card were corrupted and I couldn't get them off the card so I lost a good chunk of concert photos. The following day, after formatting the card, I tried it again with just random pictures around the house. Same exact results, it works fine in the beginning and then the "processing" issue starts. I tried the card in 4 different cameras all with the same results as well.

Lesson learned the hard way & I'll pay more attention to what I'm getting.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
Lost my daughter's 1st concert solo video and related stills. Halfway thru, get "Check Card" message. Thinking card full, shut down and changed cards.
Today, can't open any files on card, due to corrupt data. Both camera and pc give corrupt data messages......
on September 2, 2011
16GB Amazon Basics class 10. corrupt data. I don't need much more than that in this review. Maybe we got a bad card, I don't know. My wife used it for the first time on her Canon T3i and when she imported the photos (all raw format) she had 5 with severe data corruption. She has never had a single photo corrupt from this camera in over 5000 images shot. I took the card, reformatted it, and shot 60 test images. I got 4 that had corrupt data. This is the first non sandisk card I have bought in 5 years, I was lured by the price, 1/2 of what a similar card was from sandisk. I guess the old saying is true, you get what you pay for. Sent it back to amazon for a refund and I am getting a class 4 sandisk which is about the same price.
1111 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2011
While this is supposed to be a class 10 card, it's so slow in my digital camera that after taking a pic, it takes an extra sec or two before the camera is readied again.

It's very surprising, because an older (class unknown) card that I bought 3 years ago didn't have the extra sec or two problem in the same digital camera.

I didn't do a benchmark and see which SD card was faster, but my assumption of a brand new class 10 card was it ought to be faster than a 3-year old SD card as least in a digital camera.

I returned it the same day it arrived.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I tested the 8 GB Class 10 Amazon Basics SDHC flash memory card with a Nikon D80 set to continuous shooting. I did comparison tests with a Transcend Class 6 card, a Panasonic Class 4 card, a Kingston Elite 50x card, and an unknown speed Patriot card.

Here are my results:

Amazon Class 10 card: 6 continuous frames before lagging, 6.5 seconds to recovery

Transcend Class 6 (2 different cards): 5 continuous frames before lagging, 8 seconds to recovery

Panasonic Class 4 card: 5 continuous frames before lagging, 6.5 seconds to recovery

Kingston Elite 50x card: 5 continuous frames before lagging, 6.5 seconds to recovery

Patriot card: 5 continuous frames, 21 seconds to recovery (ouch!)

Time to recovery means when the LED on the camera goes out, indicating that the camera's buffer has been fully written to the card and it's ready for more photos.

As you can see, the Class 10 Amazon has the others beat, but not by a huge margin. Still, with the Amazon card costing about the same as the others, you get an extra shot with the Amazon Class 10 before it lags and has to empty the camera buffer to capture another image (that's what the lag is).

Definitely a recommended buy.
55 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2012
Having used other AmazonBasics accessories such as cables and seeing the quality and value they offered, I wanted to give Amazon a shot at their Class 10 16GB line of SD Cards. The price looked good, and the reviews were 4/5, which was good enough for me. I used it extensively through a one week trip in Europe and it performed flawlessly. After a few weeks, it worked so well that I forgot that it was even in the camera! Shots and transfer speeds were excellent and the price was a steal.

Unfortunately, on a recent trip to Hawaii (4 months after getting the card), the card spontaneously gave me a Memory Card Error while recording video on my S95. At first I thought it may be the lock switch on the card, or a stuck lock sensor on the camera, but after swapping the S95's sd card out with another one that worked, I was convinced it wasn't the camera. I tried the Amazon SD card in my GoPro, with no luck. As well as my MacBook Pro, and several external USB card readers. The card no longer mounts and is undetected by all of the devices. All of my photos on the trip were lost. The memories lost on that camera was worth more than the few bucks that I saved getting this budget card. Next time I'll stick with the reliable SanDisk Extreme Cards. SanDisk Extreme 16GB SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDX-016G-X46,Black
on October 20, 2011
Corrupted a small percentage of my photos so that when I transferred it to my computer they were grayed out. Exchanged it and 2nd card also corrupted my photos. Disappointed since Amazon's name is attached to this crappy product.