Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 11, 2011
The case arrived in an Amazon Frustration-Free package, on time. Thanks! Simple to open cardboard box containing the Silicone Case and a Warranty pamphlet.

The case itself appears well made, fit like a glove on my iPod, and gives the device protection without excessive bulk / thickness added. It has a nice texture / tread pattern, giving extra grip in hand. The inside of the skin is flat / uniform against the iPod, except for the location for the buttons are indented in the skin and raised outside, giving the buttons protection with the silicone skin, but still have great feel and usability. No problems operating the volume buttons. The outside has bands of thicker silicone giving a tread pattern.

The case I purchased, black, does show dust, etc. that gets picked up, but brushes / blows off easy and clean. I like the case and would recommend.
0Comment116 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
I bought this AmazonBasics iPod Touch case mainly because it has Amazon's name on it! But, a few reviews were positives, so I tried it out. It fits very well, and is easy to slip the iPod inside. It would be equally as easy to remove, and I have not had an issue with the top/bottom slipping out pulling it in and out of my pockets. The tread around the outside edge makes it easy to grasp and hold on to. The silicone makes for a nice non-slip surface, so it won't slide easily in inclined surfaces. I find the volume buttons slightly hard to press, but after using it so much, I know how to hold it right to press them easily.

The only slightly negative thing I have to say about this case, is at the bottom where the case covers around the Apple Dock Port. There is a small sliver of silicone that goes across from left to right side of the iPod, and this piece is very mobile, I can see it maybe ripping in half one of these days, but besides that, the case is very solid. They could have fixed this issue by having a cover over the iPod Dock Port, that can be pulled out to plug in/dock. All in all, the case is awesome, and I am very pleased!!!
22 comments55 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2011
I don't advocate dropping your touch as part of reviewing a case, but I am rather accident prone. Since I got this case several weeks ago I have dropped it repeatedly from heights of about 3-4 feet. I haven't had any damage to the phone, even when it landed with the touch screen towards the floor. The silicone provides excellent cushioning and the raised lip prevents the screen from contacting the floor on impact. In addition this has held up to my son grabbing the ipod and slamming it repeatedly into the floor.

I also want to add that it does not seem to collect lint or dust from my pocket although it does have a tendency to stick to the pocket lining making it difficult to remove.
0Comment46 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2012
I had just gotten an iPod from my parents for my birthday. For days, I prowled Amazon looking for a suitible case for it. Finally, I stumbled upon this and was really surprised. It looked like a good case for a reasonable price. FINALLY!!! I ordered this case and it arrived right on time. It's a really good case if you want to protect the back and in case it falls. I has a really nice feel and it's feather light and thin! Even though it covers the buttons on the side and top, they are easily accessible and easy to press. It leaves an opening on the bottom for the charging/iHome port, speaker and headphone jack. I am very happy with this case and would definitely recommend. This case for someone who takes their iPod to work/school and mostly keeps it at home, but not for someone who goes jogging with it or drops their iPod too much.
I recently purchased an Incase Ping Pong Gaming Cover for my children's 4th generation iPod Touch. There had been an unfortunate and expensive accident involving a short drop onto a parking lot, and I had decided to get something protective. So I have something to compare this AmazonBasics case against. The short answer is that I prefer the Ping Pong case, but this AmazonBasics case is pretty good.

In terms of protection, these style cases can protect against back scratching and absorb the brunt of impacts. They have a bit of a lip around the screen, which will absorb the kinetic energy that would otherwise go directly into the screen. Fun fact, the Apple Store will charge you $149 to replace an iPod Touch with a cracked screen. This case has a bit of a deeper lip than my other case, so presumably it will do a better job of taking a hit. On the other hand, it will also get in the way of more stubby digits. So it's a bit of a tradeoff.

In terms of hand feel, I much prefer the Ping Pong Cover. This case is made of a rubberized silicon, which feels waxy and slippery. Also, the edges are a bit floppy and loose, which might be better for protection, but feels a bit wrong.

I tried to insert the device onto various docks while using the case. None of my docks work with the Ping Pong case, while this case did work with one dock (a Philips Fidelio)and didn't work with my Apple keyboard dock or a Phillips stereo dock. The added bulk makes it hard to use with most docks.

Amazon also sent me a slimmer clear case without the tread, and that more easily fits into my docks. The clear case as the name implies is cloudy but clear enough to see the Apple logo, or in my case the dragon Gel-a-skin, on the backside of the iPod.

Because these cases ara a bit floppy, they allow comparatively easy pressing of the iPod Touch's volume controls. My other case has very stiff buttons, and requires a lot of effort to change the sound level.

So, in summary a nice basic case who's main flaw is how it feels in the hand.
0Comment26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2011
This cover fits perfectly on the ipod and seems very sturdy and protective. It does attract dust but I don't believe there would be another case that doesn't. The fit was most important to me and since it fits great and will protect the ipod, there is nothing else that I would like. I also think that the style is great.
I recently bought a new iPod Touch, but I was reluctant to spend another $20 or more for a case.

For my previous iPod Touch, I had bought a SwitchEasy RebelTouch hard case which cost $30. It is a kind of expensive, considering now that my iPod Touch 4G only cost $178.

Then I discovered that AmazonBasics, Amazon's house brand, has a case made for the iPod Touch 4G.

Having bought many products under that label, I was confident that it makes a good case, at a reasonable price.

And yes, it fits like a glove. The power switch and volume controls all work nicely when covered by the case. It is made from silicon rubber that feels good to the touch, with sufficient friction to prevent slippage.

There are actually four versions of this case: smooth or tread, clear or black.

I chose the black tread type.

This is a good case.
on December 16, 2011
I ordered the black version without the ribs. It fits well on my iPod touch 4th generation. It covers the back, sides, and comes around to the front just a little bit. This means that you can use other screen protectors in conjunction with this case (recommended). It's not fancy or in the way; just how I like it.
on December 15, 2011
I bought this same type of case for my iphone 4 and it fit and worked so well I decided to buy the "ipod 4th gen" version. I do no regret this a bit. It fits perfect and is easy to take on and off. It is a soft, flexible, velvety-rubber material. It comes with a screen saver and a cleaning cloth. The texture with side grooves works well as a non-slip grip too. I was showing it to my husband and he immediately asked me to order him one for his ipod and another for his iphone. An excellent buy!
on March 29, 2012
I received two of these silicone cases and 2 screen protectors. One each for my 8 and 13 year old's Apple iPod touch 4th Generation. Prior to receiving this, my son's each had a Walmart purchased silicone case with no grooves and they did not have a screen protector. The Walmart case kept slipping off. AmazonBasics model was much better in comparison. The silicone case was slightly thicker which allowed it to stay on the itouch continuously without slipping off. You would think that because it's slightly thicker it might be too bulky. To the contrary. My boys nor myself felt that it made the itouch thicker or heavier. The grooves on the AmazonBasics Silicone Case allowed for a better grip. The only complaint would be it took some patience applying the screen protector and getting all the bubbles out. However, once the screen protector was on, it does it's job. I no longer have to worry too much about the screen being scratched. My boys and I are quite happy with the product. Thumbs up!

NOTE: This product will provide some protection. However, it will not provide complete protection if you drop your itouch on a solid surface like concrete. I would suggest a brand like Otterbox if you're looking for a tough and rugged case made to handle major drops and/or denting.