5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand: Simple and efficient
There are times when a simple stand seems to be a perfect solution when using a tablet, such as when one wants to watch videos or films, and even just read a magazine or book, and do it hands-free. In my case, I have a Kindle Fire and a Kindle 2, so interchangeability between devices is very important.

That's where this AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand comes in...
Published on May 15, 2012 by John Williamson

3.0 out of 5 stars kindle stand
When I first got Kindle Fire, I I asked my husband to make me a stand for it so I can read at the table without having to hold the kindle. He made me a folding stand which I am using every day and like very much. So, when I had the opportunity to try the AmazonBasics stand, I was glad to do so and compare.
What can I say? My stand is better. AmazonBasics stand holds...
Published on June 26, 2012 by genoa golf

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand: Simple and efficient, May 15, 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand for Tablets and e-Readers including iPad 4, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.0, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Touch (Black) (Personal Computers)

That's where this AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand comes in very handy, as it's a compact and simple device for a number of tablets and e-Readers, as can be seen in the specs. Barely over two inches long, it's small and compact; it folds up and snaps shut so that it can put in your pocket (or purse) without taking up much room. One might call it a 3-star product because of its almost boring simplicity, but therein is the beauty. But considering the price and that same simplicity, in my subjective opinion, it's a 5-star value.

Shortly after I received this, I noticed the new black AmazonBasics Portable Fold-Up Travel Stand here, which is said to be made for the new iPad, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.0, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch. Have ordered this as well, as it may provide a good alternative especially when one has multiple devices. As of this writing it has not yet been released.

Even if you have a case or sleeve for your Kindle iPad or tablet, it's hard to beat this handy little Mini Travel Stand for those times when you need it.

[Update]

Thanks for those who have voted for and commented on my review here. I've received word from Amazon that the shipments of the new AmazonBasics Portable Fold-Up Travel Stand as noted above in my review are beginning. I didn't want to say anything until there was some official word.

6/6/2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for new iPad (3rd gen), March 21, 2012
A simple, portable, effective stand for propping up an iPad (3rd gen) with no issues when placed vertically or horizontally. The depth of the insert is perfect, as it holds the iPad well but does not cover up the screen. The compact size also makes it easy to bring with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What You Think, April 28, 2012
This is a great product. It's simple, affordable, and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I've seen similar products cost 3x more and offer the same functionality. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, utilitarian, and highly portable, May 17, 2012
This cute little stand must weigh less than an ounce and snaps closed to about 3/16 x 4-1/4 x 1-1/2 making it highly portable. Slip it into the pocket of my tablet pouch or in a book bag, briefcase, etc. and I have a prop stand without the flop, weight, or bulk of some tablet covers and cases. I prefer this over a case or cover because it keeps my tablet light and shows off the beautiful finish of my Asus Transformer Prime. After all, why have a beautiful piece of electronics if all you are going to do is cover it up. The two front feet of the stand are rubber to help prevent slippage and the plastic of the main body is not harsh so it will not scratch my tablet. The stand holds my tablet in landscape or portrait view and switching the view is as simple as lifting the tablet, turning it 90 degrees and placing it back in the stand. No origami folding, unhinging of corner grips, ripping of Velcro, and so forth. In fact, operation of this stand is noiseless. Even the molded-in snap that keeps the stand flat and closed when in the folded position operates with virtually no sound. This stand no doubt can be used for any model tablet. The notch into which the tablet rests does not extend into the actual touchscreen area of my tablet. Unless your edge bezel is less than 3/4 inch, you will have full use of your screen while your tablet is in the stand. The black plastic finish is clean looking and in my opinion good enough for use from the bedroom to the board room.I am so glad I purchased this reasonably priced tablet stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet very useful, July 8, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use this stand (stunning in its simplicity) to read on Ipad while I eat lunch. I use a portfolio style cover and don't like to hold or prop up my Ipad while I eat and read. This little holder folds open, and my Ipad fits into the slits (which adjust) for use in either portrait or landscape mode. Bargain price for a great, hands-free reading solution.

3.0 out of 5 stars kindle stand, June 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What can I say? My stand is better. AmazonBasics stand holds my kindle too upright so when I sit by the table, I can only see what is going on on the screen if I move the kindle far back, otherwise the angle makes it impossible to see. The stand is somewhat adjustable, but not enough to mitigate this. Also, you cannot charge the kindle with the cord sticking down while in the stand. My husband's design was very similar to Amazon's except the kindle laid farther back, and the whole thing is raised a little bit higher, so it does not interfere with the cord.
Maybe the stand would work for a child, but not for me.
The stand looks quite sturdy except for the hinge. I am not sure why did they make front of the stand covered with rubber. The stand is quite small when folded and lightweight just as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stand for the price, July 11, 2012
My wife has the kindle fire and has many digital books for her studies. She needed a simple stand for her to be able to see the books and it had to be portable to carry anywhere. This fits both criteria and the price is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little holder for your Kindle, July 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is exactly what I've been needing. My thumbs get sore from repetitive tasks at work, so when I hold my Kindle, my thumbs start bothering me. Now I can sit my Kindle on the table and I can only need to touch it when I turn the pages. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for travel!! (And for home!), May 25, 2012
Angie (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Always on the hunt for tools that are useful both in everyday life and when traveling, I was intrigued by this little stand. It just arrived today and I love it! It's tiny and lightweight and will will fit nicely in any pocket, backpack, electronics pouch... I've tested it on my Kindle Touch, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch and I'm delighted! I didn't find it to be wobbly even with the iPod Touch in portrait mode... I can easily imagine my daughter watching a video in landscape mode on an airplane tray table... It's a sturdy little thing, and snaps closed, which I'm sure will protect the "hinge", which is simply a cut-out wedge in the plastic so it can fold. The only objection I have is the price. A good stand for $6 is better than I've seen before, but for the item, it'd be easier to pay $5. You're paying for the cleverness of the design rather than the materials, no doubt, but I think $5 would be more reasonable. I plan to keep an eye on the hinge and will add electrical or duct tape if it starts to show wear. I suspect this will last quite a while...

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!, December 20, 2012
I didn't know whether this would work for my iPad mini, but it does, and it is a great design. It is inexpensive, yet perfect. It also works with a full-size iPad.