Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Inside the box are owner's warranty and instructions booklet, a nice carrying case, 4 **well marked** (Germany/France, US/Japan, China, UK) adapters for use with the electrical wall charger and a USB/mini B cable for syncing and charging with your laptop. Ours is from the 1370 series. No Garmin nüvi Vehicle Power Cable is included in this travel bundle.

The snug, elastic sided carrying case for the screen is perfect for protection during international travel. Regrettably, I believe the carrying case is less suited for carrying around in the car for everyday use because it does not easily accommodate the snap-on Garmin Nuvi 200 200w 205 205w 215t 250 250w 255 255w 260 260w 265t 265w 265wt 270 275t Cradle GPS Holder that fits the Garmin Portable Friction Mount. You detach either the cradle or holder to stow the GPS away after use. Our experience is that these parts becomes lose after repeated disengagement; our GPS tends to fall off the holder because that has been detached more often. This wearing is more a design flaw of Garmin. The snug carrying case suggests that you will detach from the holder. We will do so for travel but we will more likely continue to detach from the mount for everyday use; hence we will be less likely to use the Amazon carrying case and stick to our little bag in the car. It does not protect as well as this Amazon case. Even Amazon's shipping box is well constructed and we will use it for storage.

The Garmin AC Charger and International Adapter Set without the USB cable or adapter for China is comparatively significantly cheaper (plus free shipping) at the time of this review. And when combined with 4.3" EVA Case for Garmin Nuvi 265wt 1300 1350 1370t GPS for $0.01 and $2.98 shipping is still a cheaper buy! -- An easy savings for not getting the USB and China adapter.

Or combine the Garmin adapters with what looks like nicer cases: the Prime rooCASE Neoprene Sleeve Case (Black) Garmin nüvi 1490 / 1490T / 1490LMT / 1450 / 1450T / 1450LMT / 2460 / 2460LT / 2460LMT / 2450 / 2450LM / 2555LT / 2555LMT / 2595LMT / 560LT/ 560LMT 5-Inch GPS Navigator, for about an additional $7 over the AmazonBasics or the Garmin Carrying Case nüvi 37xx Series or about $8 over the Amazon product. You choose.

Regardless, the AmazonBasics Universal is a nice buy and I like spares, which too often for me become handy at awkward moments. I tried, but the adapters are NOT interchangeable between both products. I will leave this case in my international travel bag for quick access.

AmazonBasics Universal looses 1 star for price.
on November 4, 2012
And I was disappointed. It was missing the USB data cable. So I ordered one my self, the gas/money saved from not dropping off the package at UPS to return it, pays for it. I know they will have UPS pick it up, but I work 3rd shift, and I am asleep during the hours they would normally stop.
VINE VOICEon October 6, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My husband and I both have a Garmin Nuvi - we've used Garmin for years and have been very happy with them. This is a great accessory pack, especially if you are traveling out of the county.

The bundle consists of a carrying case, a wall charger with four options, based on what country you will be using them in, USA/Japan, China, UK and Germany/France. The international options are easy to snap onto the plug and they are light and fairly compact.

The case is nice but basic. It would certainly work, although I prefer a case that either zips or at least completely covers the GPS, this one slides on and has some exposed sections.

It also comes with a USB plug so you can charge your GPS by plugging it into your laptop or computer.

A nice basic set that has some useful accessories. Recommended.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice set and includes plugs for many countries that I will probably never go to. I do travel to England a lot so this will come in handy. The GPS case is okay and does the job for protecting the screen but it is a little tight.
The plastic used for the plugs seems to be the impact resistant kind and looks like it will hold up for occasional use. It doesn't look like it would be great for really heavy use but that is just an opinion and not based on years of heavy use. The plugs slide in and out very easily and the concept of swapping them out is great.
Overall, a great set, easy to pack and priced right.
VINE VOICEon October 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Garmin's GPS has a peculiar power requirement. If you use most USB power adapter, the device will go into USB mass storage mode (as if you plug it into a computer). In such a mode, you cannot use it for navigation. This one implements it the way Garmin likes it, and the Nuvi does not go into USB mass storage mode. If you're interested, Garmin chargers tie Pin 4 to ground with a 17k ohm resistor to indicate a 1A charger, and tie it directly to ground (exactly like HTC devices) to indicate a 500 mA charger.

Of course, if you're just recharging the Nuvi, it doesn't matter that it goes into mass storage mode. Just power it off and it should continue charging.

In addition to a universal AC charger, you also get an array of plugs for different countries, a USB cable (mini USB), and a carry case.

The carry case is too narrow to fit my older Nuvi 660, and is a very tight fit for my 755t, but should fit more recent 4.3" models just fine. The sides are elastic, outside a leather-like material, and the inside is soft felt. There's a pocket on the outside, 2 3/4" deep, that's just big enough to hold a couple of business cards with part of it sticking out. Might be useful to hold a "if found, please return to..." card.

The AC adapter's plug can be changed very easily. You press on a little tab, and it slides out smoothly. It would be nice if there's some indication on the plug regarding where to press to remove the plug, but it doesn't take a lot of experimenting to find it out. I'm also a little disappointed there's no bag to hold the unused plugs so that they don't get separated and misplaced.

I don't see myself bringing my Nuvi to countries that uses those plugs, mainly because I wouldn't have maps for those countries. But you can get maps for most countries from Garmin. The USB charger can be used to charge other devices though. I'm surprised that Garmin didn't make a charger with a female USB connector instead of a permanently attached angled mini USB connector. It would have been a lot more useful with a female USB.

Each of the items are well designed, so I rate this a 4 in terms of quality. As a bundle, I'd rate it a 3, but if you're considering buying this, you should know your needs better than me, so that rating would have no meaning to anyone but myself.
VINE VOICEon September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This kit includes a wall charger with international adapters, a sleeve to hold the 4.3 inch GPS, and a USB cord.

My experience with amazonBasics cables suggests they're as good as any other brand, and generally a much better bargain. The leather sleeve is snug and tight, with a front pocket that can hold a microSD card or something similar, but not something thicker, like cables.

All the cables are mini USB as noted in the title.

I gave three stars to this bundle not because of the quality but because of its limitation as a useful bundle for my GPS. I have a Garmin nüvi 2360LMT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with US Canada Mexico Lifetime Traffic & Map Updates that has gotten a lot of use over this year, both around the country and in Europe. I bought the separate Garmin maps for a May trip, as the 2370 had not been released at that time. The GPS performed beyond expectation. But there is one seemingly minor, but consistently annoying, issue that directly affects the usability of this bundle.

My nuvi 2360lmt requires two different kinds of usb plugs. The mini USB cable plugs into, and only into, the car mount. The GPS attaches to the car mount, providing a charge through the mount itself.

However, if you're not using the car mount, the GPS uses, and only uses, a micro USB cable. I have no idea why Garmin chose to have the car mount use a different type of plug than the GPS itself. But it did.

Which means that this bundle is only useful if you are planning on bringing your car mount along. You would have to have the GPS in the car mount if you want to connect the USB to your computer. And you would have to have the GPS in the car mount if you want to recharge it with the wall outlet.

Other Garmin units may very well charge nicely and easily with the mini USB plug, but the newest models (as of 2011) don't. So, make sure you know exactly what kind of plug fits into your GPS itself. For my trip I brought a mini to micro USB adapter, but was somewhat frustrated because the adapter wouldn't allow for charging. Given how cheap USB cables are here on Amazon I'd suggest that you look for exactly what you need and buy those items separately.
VINE VOICEon September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This set comes frugally packed Amazon Basic style, but you will probably want to keep the box, as everything fits into it nicely.
The included elastic sided open top padded case will fit most 4.3" GPS units nicely and does a good job of protection and storage, although remember not all GPS units will fit inside, especially if they have a non removable window mount like the TomTom VIA 1505TM 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Maps, although obviously this is a 5" and wouldn't fit anyway, just check first as the case is very slim, with no room for wire storage.
Included adapter plugs with easy snap on, push and release pieces to the adapter style base mount are English (UK) European, USA and what looks like South American (two pin like US but same size pins) So if you travel a lot or are planning a driving trip in any of these places, this is certainly a good idea.
That said (and now comes the "No" in my review) most GPS units only have maps loaded for the country in which they were purchased, like the North American edition including USA and Canada. Although other map bundles are available for purchase and usually require PC download, I suspect most people will opt for rental units available in respective countries.
Having a complete "kit" for travel, just for your GPS unit seems a waste, when a little thought, and small modification in the design could have added a USB input to the charging unit for example, to allow power for laptops, and tablets, MP3 players etc.
I find it unlikely that even seasoned travelers would carry this, AND their own GPS unit, AND a regular A/C adapter, AND a USB universal plug or power converter.
For gimmick value it's great, just not that practical, and check your unit for map availability and pricing before you plan a trip, or buy this kit.
on May 27, 2012
Got this kit alongside the Garmin 1370T. I constantly use the leather pouch. It's great to protect the unit from scratches during travels, and hardly takes up any space.
The travel adaptors, although seldom used are also functional.
on September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Last year I ordered myself a Garmin nüvi 295W 3.5-Inch Widescreen Wi-Fi Portable GPS Navigator. However, because I frequently travel with other people and move my GPS from car to car I would occasionally find myself with a dying GPS battery and the wrong USB cord or charger. This set I am going to drop into the center console of my car and keep there. The original set that came with the GPS is going in my carry on bag which I always take with me if I'm going to fly or just head out for a weekend conference.

I've had excellent luck with Amazon basics cords and I don't feel as if these are any less quality. The case, more of a sleeve, fits the 3.5 inch widescreen very well. The international adapters slip on and off easily with just a press in the center. If you don't press the center of the adapter it stays firmly in place.

I charged my GPS with the wall adapter. The USB cord fits a USB port on my iPhone cradle for charging in the car. I have to say that I think it is an excellent value even though I got a review copy. Last time I had to buy a USB cord on the road, the cord alone cost me $18.00. They know when they have you trapped. Come prepared.
VINE VOICEon October 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having recently purchased a new GPS, I was in need of some new accessories and had high hopes for this new product by Amazon basics. I was sorely disappointed with the product.

For one, as a travel kit you'd think a cigarette lighter adapter would be included. After all this is a GPS that needs to go in a car. Cars generally don't have AC outlets. If you are travelling internationally though it includes a vareity of adapters for charging abroad.

Moreover, the compatibility chart for this device is inaccurate. Check to make sure if your GPS uses a usb-mini or usb-micro connector. My Nuvi uses a micro connector. Construction of the product felt cheap and flimsy and honestly I don't know if I'd trust it for charging my GPS. A standard USB to mini cable was included.

I did like having a carrying case for my GPS. That's the only positive thing I found about this kit

Pros: Nice carrying case
Cons: not compatible with all GPS units, flimsy construction, no cigarette lighter adapter