4.0 out of 5 stars works, but coil is a bit tight
I needed a new charger for my car and snagged this one on lightening deal. So far it works great as far as charging goes, but the coil is REALLY tight and has pretty much no slack. This was irritating when my husband was driving to his grandparents and I was in the passenger seat trying to play with my phone while it was charging. I couldn't get enough slack in the...
Published on January 17, 2013 by Ducky

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, but not well built
Purchased this item as a lightning deal, $3 off. It's a pretty simple device, if it works it works, and it does. If I had not had the discount I would have purchased a plug in adapter with full sized USB socket(s) and just used the cables that came with my devices. For $7, it's just fine.

Update, 11/6/2011
Went to use the car charger today, the screw...
Published on October 31, 2011 by L. F. Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, but not well built, October 31, 2011
L. F. Hunter (somewhere in the ether....) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Micro USB Universal Car Charger Compatible with Most Samsung and HTC Android Cell Phones, GPS, and other Portable Devices (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Update, 11/6/2011
Went to use the car charger today, the screw retainer that holds the silver tip in place had fallen off. Found all the loose pieces (tip, retainer and fuse) in my center console, and put the sucker back together. It now works again. I may glue the retainer in place. I'm dropping my review to three stars because of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working!, November 15, 2012
Joy (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Stopped working after about 4 months of use! I even tried it on our other car and it still doesn't work. I did not drop it or anything. Used it to charge a samsung galaxy s2. Phone charges fine with its original charger. I thought it would be a good product because it carries Amazon's name.. Apparently not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Have had two now, and both have fallen apart, January 10, 2013
Overall a good product, but the fuse compartment opens up way too easily and everything falls out. When this happens in your car and you don't notice it, things get lost and you have to buy a new one. Would not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely cheap!, October 24, 2012
I bought it awhile back when it was a lightning deal. I make a decent amount of purchases from Amazon and this one is by far the worst. This item broke after 1 use and never fully charged my phone. I should have spent a few more dollars to get a more reliable product. I guess sometimes saving a buck isn't worth it when it comes to certain electronic-related items! Not only that, they didn't even refund my money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, August 1, 2013
This product never worked for me. I plugged it into my car, it didnt work, and upon taking it out a piece fell off

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, January 27, 2013
I had the same issue as other customers: mine fell apart into pieces after a few months of use. I've had good success with other Amazon Basics products, but this one is a stinker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk, July 9, 2013
This car charger broke the first time it was used. The tip that inserts into the car charger receptacle came off and is now stuck inside the receptacle. I have no idea how I will get it out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Crap, August 5, 2012
Rex (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Adapter broke first day. The charger is ok, but it is cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart in 3 months, July 26, 2013
Micro/Mini USB adapter came apart the first day. The charger itself literally fell to pieces when removed from the car power outlet. Was surprised Amazon put their name and logo on such poor quality hardware. Never had this happen with a car charger before, item was not treated roughly. Guess you get what you pay for?

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this., December 2, 2012
This is not a well made item. The plastic separates, the metal ring in the front that goes into the lighter outlet fell off all the time. That ring is what holds the whole thing together! Save your money. Get a name brand charger.