1,160 Reviews

1,145 of 1,175 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and keeps your small gadets in one place
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:07 Mins
I normally tote around a backpack between home and work with different gadgets, components and accessories spread across different pockets in my jeans, backpack or just carrying lose in my hand. This travel container helps put it all in one place with enough variety of sized spots to meet most needs.

Hopefully you find this video...
Published on June 22, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Design: Zipper Catches on Lining
Published on January 3, 2012 by R. D. Collins

1,145 of 1,175 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and keeps your small gadets in one place, June 22, 2010
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories -Black (Electronics)
Length:: 6:07 Mins

Hopefully you find this video review (my 2nd, ack!) helpful.

UPDATE: I remembered after the video I could have thrown in my GPS, my fLIP and a 5inch camera/video tripod. Very cool case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal case - the standard for AmazonBasics items, June 8, 2010
The case is a semi-hard shell case with multiple dividers and pockets inside for every variety of add-ons and accoutrements you need for your electronic gear. Think, rubber pull tabs make opening and closing extremely easy. The width may be a bit thick for some briefcases, but it fits fine in my Booq EXO XL case.

I'm an IT professional and occasional writer, so no matter what I am doing that day to make a living, I have to carry a variety of electronics with me. My standard load includes: iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro 13", card readers, a variety of SD cards, flash drives and two 2.5" portable hard drives. That means I have a lot of stuff to plug in and charge, be it at a client's office or at a cafe. And this travel case holds the power chargers for the MacBook Pro, the iPad, the iPhone, all the variety of cables for the hard drives, all the SD cards and readers and a stack of business cards. I can fit one of the 2.5" hard drives in it as well if I need to, but usually I leave those in pockets in my briefcase.

After years of electonica ruling - or at least enabling - the world, it's like someone finally put some thought into the cases those devices need. I'm surprised it took so long. The pockets and layers and pouches inside are all well thought out, solid but not intractable so they can adapt to any device, be it the huge ugly brick of a Toshiba laptop or the rounded compact Apple wall chargers. The zipper pickets perfectly fit everything from memory cards to iPod cables. And you can see though the mesh so there is no fumbling around.

I have only had this about 10 days but it's standing up to pretty rigorous use. It's MUCH studier and better-made than any Case Logic or other brand cases. Those usually last me about three months each, cost the same, but those seem outright primitive in details and product design compared to this case.

I have been impressed with the whole AmazonBasic line - they are exclusively the cabling and blank media I buy now. For a line Amazon seems to be paralleling with "generic" goods, AmazonBasic as a line is superior to to the "name" brands. I can only wonder what and hope for what a "AmazonAdvanced" line will give us.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Hold-All for your Gear, June 29, 2010
D. Diskin (California, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was offered the opportunity to review this new, Amazon-branded case, and I have to say that my first impression was "Wow". I was very impressed by the non-cheapness of this case, when compared to others in the <$20 range.

This case is designed to be the hold-all for whatever you've got. And as you can see from the photos, there's lots of room.

If you're only looking for a case for just one tech gadget, this probably isn't for you unless you're bringing a ton of accessories along.

I expect you to easily store your GPS, smartphone, and music player, and still have room for all the adaptors, chargers, and cords you'd need.

Places to store stuff:
- One very large mesh compartment big enough for the GPS and smartphone together (no zipper)
- One tiny mesh zipper'd compartment for some very tiny adaptors
- One small zipper'd compartment big enough for larger adaptors, memory cards, etc
- Two medium compartments each big enough for an AC adaptor and cord, one with velcro
- One very large open compartment big enough for another GPS and smartphone, secured by the other compartments
- One very flat compartment perfect for some paper

The unit itself feels very solid and durable, with enough padding to product your stuff from most falls or light crushing. I wouldn't run over it with a car, though.

It also comes with a removable handle, slightly cheap but otherwise nice.

The whole thing looks great, with solid black and bright Amazon-Orange highlights. The zippers feel great, too.

What you won't fit in here is a Netbook, and if you're looking for something to just store your portable game system, get one that is specific to your unit.

For the person who's needs vary from trip to trip, or you just want to reduce the gadget clutter in your glove compartment, I think you'll like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Use, Same Great Product, November 23, 2011
I've been using my AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for quite a while, but, imagine my surprise when, on a whim, I checked to see how my Kindle Fire would fit: It fits perfectly! This makes a great little organizer for all the attendant cords and clutter that go with the Kindle-- I can carry headphones, my charger, and my usb cord, all in one nice, sleek package. And Amazon recently lowered the price on these from $14.95 to $9.99. A lot cheaper than all the things "designed exclusively for the Kindle Fire."

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Design: Zipper Catches on Lining, January 3, 2012
R. D. Collins (Hermosa Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I initially liked this sturdy little case. It seemed ideal for storing various camera accessories (filters, batteries, etc.) while traveling. However, shortly after I started using it, the zipper caught on the cloth lining around the interior edge of the case, tearing it, and making it difficult to open and close as the zipper continued to catch on the lining every time. As more threads came loose due to the tear, the problem got worse.

I complained to Amazon and, true to form, they allowed me to return the damaged case and sent me a replacement at no charge. Unfortunately, the second case has now suffered the exact same problem after about two months of infrequent use. Once again the zipper has caught on the interior lining of the case, tearing it, and it's now difficult to open and close the zipper. The damage will only get worse with continued use.

It seems obvious to me that this is a design error. I have therefore asked Amazon for a full refund under the one-year warranty that came with the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3gen Kindle., December 29, 2010
This organizer is the perfect size and it will fit a 3rd Gen kindle with the optional leather cover. The kindle will fit on the left-hand compartment (the single large compartment) as shown in the photos.

The thickness of the kindle with the leather cover is flush with the depth of the left compartment. I posted a photo above to show the fit.

This also lets you store the cable and charger jack, as well as a few other necessary goodies such as book light, headphones, iPod, or whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kindle fits perfectly!, July 11, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I recently bought a Kindle and I hoped this case would work for it, and it's perfect! The Kindle fits tightly in the left side under the mesh and on the right is a small mesh pocket that fits the charger perfectly. Then there are a couple zipped mesh pockets that will hold odds and ends.

This is a very sturdy hard case that has a double zipper on three sides. It's very protective and I'm sure if I dropped it with the Kindle inside it would be safe and secure. I highly recommend it for the Kindle or any other electronic device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Toiletry Bag!, May 8, 2012
Originally I purchased this to hold all the cables and accessories that I need in my laptop backpack while traveling. While it would have held everything without issue it was a bit too thick for my bag and made it too tight a fit for everything else I carry. While I struggled with how to make it work, my co-worker asked me why I was shoving cables into a toiletry bag. I told him I wasn't, but after stopping and taking a second look, it really is the perfect toiletry bag. So when I took it home I transferred all of my travel toiletries into the AmazonBasics Case and was amazed that they are not selling this as the ultimate toiletry bag. It is a great size to fit everything I need while traveling and not get crushed in my suitcase. Tons of pockets of different shapes and sizes to fit all of the random items that I have come to rely on while traveling.

So, get the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case. You will find a use for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my plug and wire collection, July 15, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've accumulated quite a few wires, adapters, and plugs to keep my electronic life together when I'm on the road. So until we have truly wireless products, this handy little zipper bag has become my trusty companion. It holds my universal car/home AC adapter along with an assortment of small cables and gender changers, and all of these manage to stay in place, thanks to the elastic mesh pockets. The rigid case helps prevent items from getting crushed.

Nevertheless, this product could stand improvement. For instance, there are two zipper pulls when one would have been adequate. The carry strap is located poorly; it should be at one end or the other but not an inch from the front corner. And there ought to be a slot for a business card, so that I can easily identify the case as mine. But these are minor points. Overall, this is a good value.

1.0 out of 5 stars It stained my stuff !!!, July 26, 2013
Good size, good price BUT! The mesh pockets inside bleed color on all my stuff. I am a big apple fan and all my accessories (mouse, hard drive, portable router, power source) were white ... well not anymore !!! Everything inside got stained and it doesn't clean back. I tried all the household products to wipe it off with no success ... Serious design flaw, and very disappointed with Amazon ...I will trash this away or use it for nuts and bolts. DO NOT BUY