Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I normally tote around a backpack between home and work with different gadgets, components and accessories spread across different pockets in my jeans, backpack or just carrying lose in my hand. This travel container helps put it all in one place with enough variety of sized spots to meet most needs.

Hopefully you find this video review (my 2nd, ack!) helpful.

UPDATE: I remembered after the video I could have thrown in my GPS, my fLIP and a 5inch camera/video tripod. Very cool case!
3737 comments|1,533 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2010
The case is a semi-hard shell case with multiple dividers and pockets inside for every variety of add-ons and accoutrements you need for your electronic gear. Think, rubber pull tabs make opening and closing extremely easy. The width may be a bit thick for some briefcases, but it fits fine in my Booq EXO XL case.

I'm an IT professional and occasional writer, so no matter what I am doing that day to make a living, I have to carry a variety of electronics with me. My standard load includes: iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro 13", card readers, a variety of SD cards, flash drives and two 2.5" portable hard drives. That means I have a lot of stuff to plug in and charge, be it at a client's office or at a cafe. And this travel case holds the power chargers for the MacBook Pro, the iPad, the iPhone, all the variety of cables for the hard drives, all the SD cards and readers and a stack of business cards. I can fit one of the 2.5" hard drives in it as well if I need to, but usually I leave those in pockets in my briefcase.

After years of electonica ruling - or at least enabling - the world, it's like someone finally put some thought into the cases those devices need. I'm surprised it took so long. The pockets and layers and pouches inside are all well thought out, solid but not intractable so they can adapt to any device, be it the huge ugly brick of a Toshiba laptop or the rounded compact Apple wall chargers. The zipper pickets perfectly fit everything from memory cards to iPod cables. And you can see though the mesh so there is no fumbling around.

I have only had this about 10 days but it's standing up to pretty rigorous use. It's MUCH studier and better-made than any Case Logic or other brand cases. Those usually last me about three months each, cost the same, but those seem outright primitive in details and product design compared to this case.

I have been impressed with the whole AmazonBasic line - they are exclusively the cabling and blank media I buy now. For a line Amazon seems to be paralleling with "generic" goods, AmazonBasic as a line is superior to to the "name" brands. I can only wonder what and hope for what a "AmazonAdvanced" line will give us.
0Comment|251 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2014
This travel case definitely does the job. It has pockets and room to accommodate the little gadgets you may need on a daily basis. I keep two portable charging batteries in it as well as a couple of iPhone and hard drive cables.

The only major flaw is that the mesh material that makes up the interior pockets has a dye that can rub onto the electronics/what ever is stored inside the case. my white iPhone cords started to get a blue tint and when I rubbed the interior mesh, the dye came off onto my finger. Think of it as like when you buy a new pair of blue jeans and there is still that blue dye on the jeans until you wash them. Well i don't think you could wash this case but maybe if when you first get it, you can rub the inside mesh material with a damp cloth and them leave it to dry. That may solve that issue.

Other than that, i do like the case and it helps me keep all my electric doodads all in one place.
review image review image review image
on August 12, 2012
Fantastic piece of organization. It was a bit larger than what I expected when I first ordered it, but it turned out to be the exact size to perfectly fit all of my accessories.

I plan on taking it with me for motorcycle adventure trips, and it fits perfectly in the middle size (orange) of the Outdoor Products 3-Pack Ultimate Dry Sack. I'm absolutely positive that my electronics will stay dry and secure, even if I crash or fall into a river...

It's very high quality material, but the only con of this product I can determine is the smell of the material...it smells like melted/burning plastic.

I was debating on getting a Cocoon Grid-it organizer, but this provided so much more storage for cheaper, and was enclosed.
on December 29, 2010
This organizer is the perfect size and it will fit a 3rd Gen kindle with the optional leather cover. The kindle will fit on the left-hand compartment (the single large compartment) as shown in the photos.

The thickness of the kindle with the leather cover is flush with the depth of the left compartment. I posted a photo above to show the fit.

This also lets you store the cable and charger jack, as well as a few other necessary goodies such as book light, headphones, iPod, or whatever.
review image
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 29, 2010
I was offered the opportunity to review this new, Amazon-branded case, and I have to say that my first impression was "Wow". I was very impressed by the non-cheapness of this case, when compared to others in the <$20 range.

This case is designed to be the hold-all for whatever you've got. And as you can see from the photos, there's lots of room.

If you're only looking for a case for just one tech gadget, this probably isn't for you unless you're bringing a ton of accessories along.

I expect you to easily store your GPS, smartphone, and music player, and still have room for all the adaptors, chargers, and cords you'd need.

Places to store stuff:
- One very large mesh compartment big enough for the GPS and smartphone together (no zipper)
- One tiny mesh zipper'd compartment for some very tiny adaptors
- One small zipper'd compartment big enough for larger adaptors, memory cards, etc
- Two medium compartments each big enough for an AC adaptor and cord, one with velcro
- One very large open compartment big enough for another GPS and smartphone, secured by the other compartments
- One very flat compartment perfect for some paper

The unit itself feels very solid and durable, with enough padding to product your stuff from most falls or light crushing. I wouldn't run over it with a car, though.

It also comes with a removable handle, slightly cheap but otherwise nice.

The whole thing looks great, with solid black and bright Amazon-Orange highlights. The zippers feel great, too.

What you won't fit in here is a Netbook, and if you're looking for something to just store your portable game system, get one that is specific to your unit.

For the person who's needs vary from trip to trip, or you just want to reduce the gadget clutter in your glove compartment, I think you'll like this.
33 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 11, 2010
I was thrilled with how much I was able to put into this wonderful organizer.

I have packed into this case:

4 different charges for accessories I travel with
 Sony BCTRP Battery Charger for NP-FH Series Batteries
 Canon CG580 Battery Charger for 500 Series Batteries (ZR80/85/90)
 Canon LC-E6 Battery Charger for Canon 5D Mark II Digital SLR
 Sanyo Eneloop 2-AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries with USB Charger

8 AA batteries (they are in one of two small zippered pockets)
8 AAA batteries (again in a zippered pocket)

3 batteries for my Canon 40D
1 Sony H type battery
1 car charger for my phone
1 USB cable
1 I-Pod Cable

And I could probably fit a few more things if I wanted to.

This is a great case to neatly organize a whole lot of odds and ends that I travel with.

The case is well constructed and appears durable.

The pulls for the zippers are rubberized and easy to grip.
The zipper moves easily.

The wrist strap is light compared to the overall size and is definitely not durable enough for all the weight I have packed in it. For me this is not a big deal since the wrist strap is something I would not use.

The pockets in the case appear well constructed and should last as long as not over stuffed or abused.

The possible uses for this are endless for organizing electronic items when traveling.

This is probably the best laid out accessories case I have ever come across. I will be buying at least one more so I can have one for my camera stuff and one for my laptop/I-Pod stuff.
review image review image
on November 1, 2014
Wow it was much bigger than i expected which was great, i'm able to carry all my usb cables,chargers,head phones, and other computer cables with still room for other little stuff like sim cards and micro storage chips. It really cleaned up my gear bag where i can now properly store all my cables in this one case. So I ordered three more one I'm going to turn in to a small tool case for all my android & iphone repair tools, one for my daughter to keep her stuff together when she travels and another one for my gaming accessories. Lots of room, very sturdy and just an all around great case. I really come to love Amazon Basics style cases, i have one for my external hard rive, my Chromebook and now this universal travel case.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 24, 2014
Awesome case! Well built and can be used for a number of different electronics including the PS Vita with a grip.
on November 23, 2011
I've been using my AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for quite a while, but, imagine my surprise when, on a whim, I checked to see how my Kindle Fire would fit: It fits perfectly! This makes a great little organizer for all the attendant cords and clutter that go with the Kindle-- I can carry headphones, my charger, and my usb cord, all in one nice, sleek package. And Amazon recently lowered the price on these from $14.95 to $9.99. A lot cheaper than all the things "designed exclusively for the Kindle Fire."