Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver (MGR0975)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2012
I have been using Microsoft's basic optical USB wired mouse for years. Everytime I try something different I end up going back to MS mouse. The thumbwheel usually goes first in my experience.

I have had this mouse for a month now. This mouse feels and performs exactly the same as the MS basic optical mouse. Pointer movement is accurate and scroll wheel feel/operation is very good. Button clicks are good. Not too hard or too soft. I have med-lg hands and never had a problem with this size mouse.

Installation was plug and play with Windows 7. No drivers to install. Wireless operation has been flawless. The top of the mouse is rubberized synthetic that does absorb oil from your hand and fingers.. Easy to clean with windex though. I got the mouse on sale. I really like it. I will keep using it until stops working.. Oh. almost forgot it tracks well on my sofa as well. Considering sale price -$15 and smooth operation. 5 stars

Batteries are easy to install. The +/- terminals are molded into body. Don't understand the complaints about difficult installation.

Update 7/5/12 5th month: Still working perfectly. Batteries last one month if you don't turn it off.
Update 1/25/2013 1 year still working fine
Update 8/8/14 2.5 years and still working. I use it everyday.
1111 comments|684 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2014
Pro: This is a good wireless mouse. The USB receiver is small and fits inside the mouse when not in use. It takes 2 AAA batteries that angle in when installing (took me a sec to figure that out). My Dell laptop recognized it immediately and works identically to a wired mouse in every other way.

Con: It is shorter than a normal mouse, which is going to take some getting used to. I wish it were the same size as a normal mouse, but this seems to be a trend with this wireless ones. I've attached a pic.
review image
22 comments|250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
I have never been a fan of the wireless mouse. They disconnect at random, the batteries run out far too often, and they are oftentimes pretty flimsy. I can't say any of those things about this Amazon mouse. It's pretty much my favorite mouse, wireless or otherwise, and I've even recommended it to a few friends.
11 comment|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using a Logitech M310 Wireless Mouse with my Asus netbook until now. This AmazonBasics mouse is a little smaller (I've uploaded a picture showing both) but still very comfortable to use. I can't tell any difference between them as far as responsiveness, and the Logitech costs several dollars more. As far as battery life of the AmazonBasics, it's too soon to tell but I will update later. The Logitech mouse uses one AA, this mouses takes two AAA batteries. Also, don't tear out the clear plastic piece like I almost did! It goes underneath the batteries so they are easier to remove when needing replacement. The nano receiver sticks out a little farther than the Logitech's but it still doesn't interfere with the netbook fitting into the storage sleeve.
on April 3, 2013
It is a pretty basic little wireless mouse. Batteries were included. Plugged mirco-USB in to my computer and worked without any issues or downloads which was nice (using Windows 8). I like that is has a grippy feel on the top of the mouse. Storing the usb is easy, not really an issues having to take the battery cover off.
review image
11 comment|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
Being a video gamer I love getting new keyboards and mice. But I usually never get anything wireless, because there is a slight delay in the response time. But this mouse is excellent for keeping your gameplay smooth and efficient!

5/5 mouse from Amazon!
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2015
WORKS WELL WITH TOSHIBA CHROMEBOOK
review image
99 comments|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2015
People this is my honest opinion from "objective" experience. If you want an economical and simple mouse by all means go ahead and buy it. The only problem I have with the mouse is the battery cover and the so called 1 year warranty that they fail to live up to. The battery cover is a very thin piece of plastic and can break easily. Mine broke but is intact meaning every now and then I have to straighten the plastic out to keep the batteries pushed down or the red light will go on and off. If you do get this mouse be very careful how you take the battery cover off. like i said it's a small piece of plastic that can break in two. Also the warranty is a joke. I called amazon about the problem and they told me that the warranty is expired. If i am not mistaken on the website you get a one year warranty but now they tell me it was only good for 30 days. I didn't trip considering I only paid 12 bucks for the mouse and if push comes to shove I can always buy another one. Overall it's a good little mouse for someone that needs something cheap, portable and simple. Take a look at the photos and you will see what I am talking about
review image review image
on November 10, 2015
I first purchased this AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse a year and a half ago. The mouse is great, but the nano receiver it terrible. I have had to have this mouse replace three times because the nano receiver failed and the the third one just failed as well. I can get the mouse to work if I jiggle the nano receiver a bit, but I can't keep it working once I let go. The first one I had lasted about a year, the second one lasted about three months and my third one failed after a month. Not really sure what is going on with these. I'm not hard on my stuff, so I don't know why these are not standing up.

The mouse is otherwise a good design. It's a little smaller than a typical mouse, which is great for travel and smaller working spaces. Up until each receiver failed, they mice were really responsive, the click wheel was good and the amount of pressure it took to click was perfect. I love the mouse, just wish i could actually use it.
on October 23, 2013
I am happy with this purchase. I needed a wireless mouse to use at home and then pack up when I go to work in the office two days a week. No more cords to get tangled up. It works great and I sometimes leave the USB receiver in my laptop when I pack it up. I bring out the laptop and just turn on the mouse and it works every time. I have forgotten to turn off the mouse when packed up and its still working from the same batteries. Very happy!