1,083 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product.
Published on February 6, 2011 by Mr. Terry Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but one hang up....
Published on October 14, 2011 by M. Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product., February 6, 2011
I just wanted to verify the despite being half the price of the Nikon badged item this is in my estimation a better product. The reasons for that evaluation are twofold. First, it comes with a better carrying case, a soft drawstring bag as opposed to Nikon's stiff plastic which uses velcro to secure it. Second, it is more powerful than Nikon's product. It has more range. My Nikon D90 only has an infrared receiver on the front left of the camera. None in the back. However indoors, this remote is powerful enough to trigger the camera with the remote behind the camera, using bounced signal off the ceiling or walls. I think this is a "best buy". I might add that I also own the Nikon product, also purchased from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple product, works with most Nikon DSLR, Great for self/group portrait and long time exposure, February 2, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon works with most Nikon DSLR (including D3000, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D7000, D70s, D80, D90) and Nikon P7000 camera. This is a simple product. One button to trigger the camera shutter. To use this remote, first remove the clear plastic battery insulator sheet (just need to do this one/first time), and it's ready to go. This remote can be used with the delayed remote mode or quick response remote mode. It can also be used for the long time exposure by setting the camera to M mode (manual mode) and when the remote is pressed 2 seconds in delayed remote mode, the shutter will remain open until the remote control is pressed again/the second time.

Three additional things (general condition to note when using this remote):
1. Sometime the camera will automatically cancel delayed remote or quick respose remote mode after idling for a while so you might need to set it again and this is normal (you can set how long you want the setting to stay before it revert to the normal mode)
2. When using built-in flash, the shutter remote will only trigger the shutter only after the flash is completely charged (with external flash it will not wait the flash to charged up fully so sometime photos can be underexposed if the external flash doesn't go)
3. The camera will autofocus (if it is set to autofocus mode) prior to taking the photo after you press the remote button so you don't need to autofocus beforehand

This is a comparable replacement for the Nikon ML-L3 remote control (i.e. both products are good, and work as it is intended). It is great for self/group portrait (using tripod) and long time exposure (reduce shake vs pressing the camera shutter button directly)

Sidarta Tanu

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to use and reliable, January 28, 2011
Rebecca N (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 1:08 Mins

This is really easy to use right out of the package. You just have to figure out how to set your camera to receive a wireless remote command.

Here's a video of me doing that for my D90. It's blurry, but it gets the point across, I believe. Good luck.

Bottom line, I'm very very happy to have this remote. It allows me to take pictures with friends without trying to hold the camera at arms length. I absolutely think everyone buying a nikon DSLR should get this along with it. It seems like a no-brainer must have accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars This item works for the EOS 60D, September 24, 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Canon T4i, T3i, T2i, T1i, XT, Xti, 5D Mark II, 7D, 70D (Camera)
Just to confirm since it doesn't have any mentions for Canon EOS 60D this remote is 100% compatible for the remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote replacement... and it works, June 6, 2012
Had to get a replacement for my lost Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control, and when I saw this AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon Cameras, I became curious, so I read the reviews here. Much to my surprise, found that it rated better than 4.7 out of 5 stars when I looked at it, while the Nikon original rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. That was a surprise, so I explored deeper. There was another brand that was even less, but with slightly less than 4.0 out of 5 stars at the time, decided to try the AmazonBasics version to see if it would work with my gear.

Glad that I tried it, as it works perfectly with both my Nikon P7100 and my older Nikon D5000 DSLR, and though my original Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote has been lost, this new AmazonBasics version seems to have slightly longer range... not by much, but just slightly longer. It also has a decent soft drawstring carrying pouch, which is far handier than the one that came with my Nikon ML-L3. The Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging was good, and the multilingual instruction sheet was correct in all of its directions. My Nikon P7100 was not among the models listed to work with this, but since the older P7000 was listed, and is quite similar in many respects, I decided to go with it, and am glad that I did.

Suggestions:

Read your Nikon camera manual to better understand remote and self-timer operations. I found this with my original Nikon ML-L3, and it seems to be the same with this one. Some Nikon models have only one sensor located on the front, and others have sensors on the front and rear, so be aware of that before you think that you can stand far behind the camera and have it function. It may not. The rule here is to know your camera and RTFM, and if you don't know the term, just Google it.

To use this remote, you'll have to first remove the clear plastic battery insulator sheet from the battery compartment. It will be ready to go, but don't discard the sheet. The trigger on this remote is sensitive, and when you stow the remote away, you can kill the battery. The easy solution here is (1) to remove the battery after use, or (2) to re-insert that clear plastic insulator to preserve the battery. I use the second method. Incidentally, though the battery isn't listed in the product description, it's a standard 3V CR2025 lithium battery that you can pick up in just about any drug store or here on Amazon. There are many brands available, and this is just one of them. The battery number is also engraved on the + side (bottom) of the little battery tray in case you forget.

This is a handy and reliable accessory for many Nikon models, and it's a worthy 5-star alternative to the Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote.

6/6/2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but one hang up...., October 14, 2011
M. Edwards (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This remote worked wonders with my new Nikon D5100. It has a really good range (20ft+) and there was no setup involved. The one issue though is I would personally advise you to take the battery out after each use. It will be dead in 3-4 days. Nothing was sitting on it, pushing against it or inadvertently engaging the button. It just drains the battery while not in use. But other then that, good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Works Perfect with my Canon T3i, November 28, 2013
RhondaN (Bakersfield, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
It's absolutely perfect for my camera. It's small enough to hold in my hand when taking a picture of myself and it won't be seen in the picture. The price is unbeatable, most I've seen other places were over one hundred dollars. It is exactly as described in the ad and my camera is a Canon T3i. Just make sure when ordering that you select the correct camera, as there are two choices in the drop down menu, either Canon or Nikon.

4.0 out of 5 stars d7000 remote review, October 4, 2011
took me awhile to figure out how to set the d7000 for remote shooting, maybe i missed it in the manual, but in addition to setting remote control mode in the shooting menu, one has to rotate the dial underneath the (MASP auto scene U1 U2) dial to the picture of the remote. I swear up and down that isnt in the d7000 owners manual. Anyways, hope that helps anyone who was confused as i was. This item is definitely a must have

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with my Nikon D5100, April 5, 2012
Michael G. Lindholm (Iowa, United States) - See all my reviews
One of the reasons I went with a Nikon D5100 vs the D3100 was the IR remote receiver, versus having to use a wired remote. That's not to say if the D3100 had the capability, I would have gone with it, but it certainly helped cement my decision.

The AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon cameras works, and is less expensive than the first party version. With the remote, I can trigger the shutter instantly, or with a 2-second delay, giving you time to hide the remote for self-portraits. What you also gain is the ability to use bulb-mode for long exposures, without having to worry about jiggling the camera when hitting the shutter. Just turn the shutter time all the way down until you see BULB, then enable the remote control in the options. Now, you can open and close the shutter without touching the camera. I haven't fully tested to see if the remote function will stay enabled the entire time the shutter is open (up to 30 minutes on this camera), but I would expect it would.

Overall, it's a worthwhile accessory to have, and it's priced right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read this if you are thinking about purchasing., April 28, 2014
So I bought this in November and it sat on the shelf until Easter, when we remembered we had bought it and pulled it out for the group photo. I quickly learned 2 Major negatives on this and wished I would have spent the extra few bucks for the Canon brand remote.

1. The range is WEAK. For a wide group photo I placed the camera probably 15' away, and attempted to click the remote. Nothing. i walked closer and closer trying and trying it, until I was probably 10' away (which IS the stated range in the specs, I just didn't pay attention to that when I bought it) So I clicked the remote and ran back to the crowd and had to try a few times since the camera was on the 2 second timer. I could have put it on the 10 second timer, but it's hard to know when to tell everyone to smile. So I immediately bought the canon version for literally $3 more on the market place here. It came in yesterday and although they claim their range to be 16' - it goes past 16 feet. I maxed out my room at about 20' and it worked.

2. It won't immediately trigger the shutter. The main reason we purchased the remote was so we could take our own family pics on our MK III without paying a hundred bucks every time we needed family photos. and with our 3 kids it's hard to get them to hold a pose, so I thought great, I'll just actuate the shutter the moment we get them all smiling and looking ahead. Not on the Amazon version, all it does is activate the timer so the minimum is 2 seconds on my MKIII. The canon version actuates immediately which is what I need. If I wanted to just trigger the 10 second timer I could do that and walk out to the group and try to coordinate the cute looks right at that 10 second mark, but that's not the application I needed a remote for.

So take all this for what you want, some people might be fine with the amazon version. I'll sell you mine for $5 if you want to try it. For me this was a lesson learned. I love the amazon basics brand for many other things, I've gotten HDMI, tons of USB 3.0, and who knows what else and always have been very pleased.

Rate and Discover Movies