Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

Style: CanonPackage Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange

on February 6, 2011
I just wanted to verify the despite being half the price of the Nikon badged item this is in my estimation a better product. The reasons for that evaluation are twofold. First, it comes with a better carrying case, a soft drawstring bag as opposed to Nikon's stiff plastic which uses velcro to secure it. Second, it is more powerful than Nikon's product. It has more range. My Nikon D90 only has an infrared receiver on the front left of the camera. None in the back. However indoors, this remote is powerful enough to trigger the camera with the remote behind the camera, using bounced signal off the ceiling or walls. I think this is a "best buy". I might add that I also own the Nikon product, also purchased from Amazon.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
Just to confirm since it doesn't have any mentions for Canon EOS 60D this remote is 100% compatible for the remote.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon works with most Nikon DSLR (including D3000, D40, D40x, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D7000, D70s, D80, D90) and Nikon P7000 camera. This is a simple product. One button to trigger the camera shutter. To use this remote, first remove the clear plastic battery insulator sheet (just need to do this one/first time), and it's ready to go. This remote can be used with the delayed remote mode or quick response remote mode. It can also be used for the long time exposure by setting the camera to M mode (manual mode) and when the remote is pressed 2 seconds in delayed remote mode, the shutter will remain open until the remote control is pressed again/the second time.

Three additional things (general condition to note when using this remote):
1. Sometime the camera will automatically cancel delayed remote or quick respose remote mode after idling for a while so you might need to set it again and this is normal (you can set how long you want the setting to stay before it revert to the normal mode)
2. When using built-in flash, the shutter remote will only trigger the shutter only after the flash is completely charged (with external flash it will not wait the flash to charged up fully so sometime photos can be underexposed if the external flash doesn't go)
3. The camera will autofocus (if it is set to autofocus mode) prior to taking the photo after you press the remote button so you don't need to autofocus beforehand

This is a comparable replacement for the Nikon ML-L3 remote control (i.e. both products are good, and work as it is intended). It is great for self/group portrait (using tripod) and long time exposure (reduce shake vs pressing the camera shutter button directly)

Sidarta Tanu
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
It's absolutely perfect for my camera. It's small enough to hold in my hand when taking a picture of myself and it won't be seen in the picture. The price is unbeatable, most I've seen other places were over one hundred dollars. It is exactly as described in the ad and my camera is a Canon T3i. Just make sure when ordering that you select the correct camera, as there are two choices in the drop down menu, either Canon or Nikon.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2014
I would not buy this remote for Canon cameras, and am quite surprised by all the positive reviews. The problem is that this remote only works with a 2-second delay. So you press the button, and 2 seconds later, the shutter is released. The genuine Canon RC-6 remote has a switch on it that allows you to either shoot immediately, or with a 2-second delay. The Amazon Basics product does not have this same switch.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 28, 2011
This is really easy to use right out of the package. You just have to figure out how to set your camera to receive a wireless remote command.

Here's a video of me doing that for my D90. It's blurry, but it gets the point across, I believe. Good luck.

Bottom line, I'm very very happy to have this remote. It allows me to take pictures with friends without trying to hold the camera at arms length. I absolutely think everyone buying a nikon DSLR should get this along with it. It seems like a no-brainer must have accessory.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
This remote worked wonders with my new Nikon D5100. It has a really good range (20ft+) and there was no setup involved. The one issue though is I would personally advise you to take the battery out after each use. It will be dead in 3-4 days. Nothing was sitting on it, pushing against it or inadvertently engaging the button. It just drains the battery while not in use. But other then that, good product.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Had to get a replacement for my lost Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control, and when I saw this AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon Cameras, I became curious, so I read the reviews here. Much to my surprise, found that it rated better than 4.7 out of 5 stars when I looked at it, while the Nikon original rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. That was a surprise, so I explored deeper. There was another brand that was even less, but with slightly less than 4.0 out of 5 stars at the time, decided to try the AmazonBasics version to see if it would work with my gear.

Glad that I tried it, as it works perfectly with both my Nikon P7100 and my older Nikon D5000 DSLR, and though my original Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote has been lost, this new AmazonBasics version seems to have slightly longer range... not by much, but just slightly longer. It also has a decent soft drawstring carrying pouch, which is far handier than the one that came with my Nikon ML-L3. The Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging was good, and the multilingual instruction sheet was correct in all of its directions. My Nikon P7100 was not among the models listed to work with this, but since the older P7000 was listed, and is quite similar in many respects, I decided to go with it, and am glad that I did.

Read your Nikon camera manual to better understand remote and self-timer operations. I found this with my original Nikon ML-L3, and it seems to be the same with this one. Some Nikon models have only one sensor located on the front, and others have sensors on the front and rear, so be aware of that before you think that you can stand far behind the camera and have it function. It may not. The rule here is to know your camera and RTFM, and if you don't know the term, just Google it.

To use this remote, you'll have to first remove the clear plastic battery insulator sheet from the battery compartment. It will be ready to go, but don't discard the sheet. The trigger on this remote is sensitive, and when you stow the remote away, you can kill the battery. The easy solution here is (1) to remove the battery after use, or (2) to re-insert that clear plastic insulator to preserve the battery. I use the second method. Incidentally, though the battery isn't listed in the product description, it's a standard 3V CR2025 lithium battery that you can pick up in just about any drug store or here on Amazon. There are many brands available, and this is just one of them. The battery number is also engraved on the + side (bottom) of the little battery tray in case you forget.

This is a handy and reliable accessory for many Nikon models, and it's a worthy 5-star alternative to the Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote.

33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
I bought this for my D40. It arrived quickly with easy-to-open packaging. My first surprise was its small size. The whole unit is about 2" long. It looks like a handful on the photos.

To make it work, you need to pull the plastic tab that ensures no battery drain until you start using it. I would rather see an on-off switch on the device. Many are complaining that it drains the batteries in storage. My workaround is to reinsert the plastic tab to the battery when not in use.

Next you need to change your camera from single shot to remote. Assuming that the battery is OK, you are ready to use it. It works in my room, no matter where I point it, because this little device is powerful enough to bounce the signal off the walls.

Overall I am happy with it. It's a great value for under $10, and the original Nikon remote also has the battery drainage problem, and it costs more money.

I would recommend it to anyone with a tripod, whether you need to trigger your camera without disturbing it and thus blurring your picture, or you want to make sure you are in the photo rather than behind the camera.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2014
So I bought this in November and it sat on the shelf until Easter, when we remembered we had bought it and pulled it out for the group photo. I quickly learned 2 Major negatives on this and wished I would have spent the extra few bucks for the Canon brand remote.

1. The range is WEAK. For a wide group photo I placed the camera probably 15' away, and attempted to click the remote. Nothing. i walked closer and closer trying and trying it, until I was probably 10' away (which IS the stated range in the specs, I just didn't pay attention to that when I bought it) So I clicked the remote and ran back to the crowd and had to try a few times since the camera was on the 2 second timer. I could have put it on the 10 second timer, but it's hard to know when to tell everyone to smile. So I immediately bought the canon version for literally $3 more on the market place here. It came in yesterday and although they claim their range to be 16' - it goes past 16 feet. I maxed out my room at about 20' and it worked.

2. It won't immediately trigger the shutter. The main reason we purchased the remote was so we could take our own family pics on our MK III without paying a hundred bucks every time we needed family photos. and with our 3 kids it's hard to get them to hold a pose, so I thought great, I'll just actuate the shutter the moment we get them all smiling and looking ahead. Not on the Amazon version, all it does is activate the timer so the minimum is 2 seconds on my MKIII. The canon version actuates immediately which is what I need. If I wanted to just trigger the 10 second timer I could do that and walk out to the group and try to coordinate the cute looks right at that 10 second mark, but that's not the application I needed a remote for.

So take all this for what you want, some people might be fine with the amazon version. I'll sell you mine for $5 if you want to try it. For me this was a lesson learned. I love the amazon basics brand for many other things, I've gotten HDMI, tons of USB 3.0, and who knows what else and always have been very pleased.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse