Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2011
In short, this card is twice as good as it claims and an excellent value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.098 MB/s [ 756.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.016 MB/s [ 3.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 3.450 MB/s [ 842.2 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.029 MB/s [ 7.0 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/14.9 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2011/09/13 21:16:04
OS : Windows 7 SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
88 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2011
AmazonBasics 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter

Good price, good value and all dressed out in BASIC Amazon black and white. Oh, just makes you want to do a victory dance. Works as advertised at Class 10 speed and passed H2testw v1.4 and Flash Drive/Card Tester v1.14 testing for data integrity. As with all data storage devices, this card has less storage space then advertised, at 15.278.99GB. And yes, it most likely is made in Asia, across the big pond, as most all flash memory is.

Media: Amazon 16GB MicroSDHC Class 10
Date: 09.23.2011
Actual storage space: 15.278.99GB

Test 1: H2testw v1.4 Created by Harald Bögeholz

Warning: Only 15270 of 15271 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 15.1 MByte/s 16:49 min
Reading speed: 17.3 MByte/s 14:43 min

Test 2: Flash Drive/Card Tester v1.14 from vconsole.com

Test Tool: vconsole Flash Drive/Card Tester v1.14
Amazon 16GB Micro SD Class 10
00:00:19.92 - -------------------------------- New test process started --------------------------------
00:00:19.94 - Started "Writing test data" for drive G: 15278MB, "Multiple, Card Reader, 1.00, GENERIC SD READER01", 512b
00:16:26.04 - Completed "Writing test data" for drive G: 15278MB, "Multiple, Card Reader, 1.00, GENERIC SD READER01", 512b
00:16:26.04 - Tested total 15278.999MB in 0:16:05 with 15.848MB/s
00:16:26.04 - Total write errors: Fatal=0, Recoverable=0
00:30:14.50 - -------------------------------- New test process started --------------------------------
00:30:14.51 - Started "Reading test data" for drive G: 15278MB, "Multiple, Card Reader, 1.00, GENERIC SD READER01", 512b
00:44:53.87 - Completed "Reading test data" for drive G: 15278MB, "Multiple, Card Reader, 1.00, GENERIC SD READER01", 512b
00:44:53.87 - Tested total 15278.999MB in 0:14:38 with 17.389MB/s
00:44:53.87 - Total read errors: Fatal=0, Recoverable=0
on October 29, 2011
I have been using this card in a Droid 3 for approximately a month now for storing pictures and videos. The card is much faster than the onboard storage. I have had no problems.

I also have to say the price was great!
on December 27, 2011
Got the product(s) in 2 days for Standard shipping which is always a joy.

Products do perform as advertised but not consistent with Customer reviews. The customer review boasting that the cards got up to 20MB/s write speeds hyped me up, and I was woefully disappointing in the max 12MB/s. Still, Class 10 does mean you get 10MB/s so its nice to see product performing at expectations. Like all/most memory cards, AmazonBasics always reserve a fraction of the card for formatting reasons. In this particular brand they're reserving a whopping 1.1GB, giving me only 14.9GB total that I'm able to use. My A-Data 16GB Class 6's let me use up to 15.4GB. This is bothersome if you have some OCD and is very bothered that the mark is just shy of 15GB

Still, one should get this card for the Class 10/speed alone.

+ As Fast as adverrtised
- 14.9GB
-Customer reviews build up too much hype
on February 29, 2012
I've always loved amazonbasics product. Cheap and very good quality.

The card worked great when it worked, it holds true to its class 10 speed. I've enjoyed using it up till an hour ago, when it decided to go corrupt without any apparent reason...

As any other tech nerd, I back up my files regularly. However, it just happens that I took some important pictures of my experiment with my phone that I was going to present tomorrow... After coming back from the lab, just when I'm about to download the pictures, my phone gave me a dreaded "SD card corrupted" message... Loading the card with other devices and card readers have also proved useless.

Luckily, I found this program called "TestDisk & PhotoRec" from ehow.com... Again as a computer geek, I never believed in any recovery software, but I tried it anyway since my only other option is to reformat the drive. And I couldn't believe it when the program actually worked! Of course all the files are renamed and randomly dumped into a single directory, but at least I have the pictures that I took today.

Since someone else has the little card holder case that came with the card, I don't have time to request for a replacement within the 30 day window... Hopefully replacement through Amazon's warranty service is as easy as it's 30 day returns.

I am by no means discouraging people from buying this card. I am just giving you a heads up that there may be an one in a million chance that you may get a defect. And if you do, hopefully the recovery program will work wonders for you too.

I regularly use a number of sd and microsd cards, mostly made by sandisk, and have never had any issue with them... I automatically thought it was something wrong with my phone, and never would I suspect there would be something wrong with the card... Heck, my card will probably work great again after I format it. But after having this experience there will always be a slight fear in the back of my head whenever I save important files on my particular card.

So I'm going it 3 stars partially for being defective, and mostly for giving me the fear of my life that I had experienced in the past hour...
on January 10, 2012
This Micro SD cart from Amazon Basics (Class 10 16 GB) is exactly as it is advertised. I had previously purchased (and returned) a class 10 16 GB Samsung card but was only getting 5 MB/s write speeds on my HTC Droid Incredible. With this card I'm now seeing 13+ MB/s write and 23+ MB/s reads.
on April 7, 2012
Ordered two of these 16gb Class10 Micro SD Cards. Tested them right out of the box, using two benchmark test programs. I was floored to see 20's pop-up for both write and read speeds!! No errors... No bad sectors... Just scorching speed! Amazon Basic has done it again with these cards! Let me tell you this; If you are in need of a fast, reliable, authentic micro SD card and adaptor, look no further. If you need 16gb this is your card. If you need 32gb, just buy 2 of them, and you will be very pleased. This is infact A Class 18 or 20 memory card, if there is such a thing. The market has been flooded with fakes. Fake sizes and fake speeds that don't achieve any where near the rated size or speed advertised. It is such a relief to get everything you pay for, for a change! I use these cards in my Canon Cameras and Zoom Tablet and they out perform all my other cards hands down; including my Sandisk, Transcend, Patriot, and Samsung Class 10 cards without breaking a sweat... Buy it! Buy it with The Quickness! Cons: 1. You will forever wonder who makes these for Amazon. lol 2. Amazon does not have this micro sd card in a 32gb or 64gb version yet. Please Amazon, offer them in a 32gb and 64gb version soon!
on July 6, 2012
I bought this card to load my phone with music. I finally got around to really putting stuff on it, and with 8gb remaining, nothing else would go on the card. I would sync they music, and it would say it synced, but the files weren't there. I erased a movie I had on the card, and freed up an extra gb, and sure enough, there was the music. Idk why this happened, or if I'm the only one, but I'm bummed. Its still a fast card, and I still got it cheaper than a regular 8gb, so I can't rail against it too hard. But I am disappointed.

UPDATE: After some trials with the card, I found that the problem appeared to be with Windows Media not reading the SD adapter. When cut and pasting music straight from my files to the card, there is, in fact, 16gb worth of storage (well, 14.9 or so). And it really is a fast transfer card as well. Raising review to 4 stars, because I can't be sure how much blame can still be placed on the card. I would still by another one.
on September 13, 2011
I bought this card for my Acer Iconia a500 and it works well, transferred at over 10 mb/s (write) and I have otherwise put it in my tablet and forgotten about it! (which is good!). While there are slightly cheaper versions, I figured I would give this one a shot since I thought it might have a good return policy and did not want the hassle of dealing with getting a 1 or 2gb card that says its 16gb, a big problem a friend of mine has had with Samsung cards. Overall, good product!
on October 25, 2011
I have been running Android on my Nook color with a Lexar microSD card. I was constantly having to reboot and wait for apps to load or run. Everyone said to get a Sandisk card, but I decided to save money and try the AmazonBasics Class 10 card instead. I've been running it for a few days and so far, it's working perfectly. No more reboots or slowdowns on my Nook and with 16GB, I can now put all my videos, music, and android apps on it with room to spare. Time will tell how it holds up in the long run, but so far it's been beyond my expectations.
As for the shipping, Amazon's going to Fedex Smartpost for their free shipping is absolutely the worst move in Amazon's history. Paid shipping on this tiny microSD card was ridiculous, but having your package wonder across 3 states for a week and then having the package sit in your local post office for 3 more days should not happen. If it comes down to buying locally and paying a little more vs getting Amazon's free shipping, I'll really have to consider the options.

See 1 answered question