Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Chrome Dreams II forum

Amazon's Mike McGonagal calls Living with War "anemic"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2007 2:10:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2007 2:12:32 AM PDT
Frank Cohen says:
Well, I've heard and read LW described as many things, both positive and negative, but "anemic" (as it is called in this Chrome Dreams review) is a new one. Neil and band mates and chorus singers are 100% energized and inspired. To me, they are practically leaping out of the stereo speakers demanding that I listen. While one may think the album is artless political posturing that offends or a sublime musical protest that doubles as artistic achievement, I don't see how anyone can possibly see it as anemic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2007 9:13:39 AM PDT
David Lewis says:
LW rocks as hard as anything Neil has done. With or without Crazy Horse, I prefer the scruffy modal rocker to the mellow Harvest Moon Neil. Alas, the new album seems to fall into the latter category. He seems to alternate artistically between his multiple selves, which is always intriguing and in his case well-earned.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009 6:40:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2009 6:42:38 PM PST
Bmonster says:
Yeah, Mcgonagal is an idiot, plain & simple! And he's obvously not much of a Neil fan. Must have wanted him to rant and rave like some Crasshole punk band (Crass, Penis Envy, 15) or preach with tons of youth angst like Rage Against the Machine. As much can be said the way Young did on LWW as it can those other ways, if not more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Chrome Dreams II forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Chrome Dream
Chrome Dream by Neil Young (Audio CD)
4.0 out of 5 stars (118)