Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

75%
25%

on August 12, 2011
I really enjoyed this book on Albert Spalding's grand baseball world tour of 1889-1890. It was an epic adventure and I think the story is only properly told in the context of the times and the culture of the late nineteenth century. The descriptions of events outside of the game are really what make this so interesting because it offers a level of detail that really helps tell the story of this baseball tour in the proper context. It really helps add to the story of the tour, which is also covered in great detail. It was a quick read, and very enjoyable. This one comes highly recommended.
on August 8, 2015
A wonderful angle to explore our nation's history. As a baseball fan, I learned new things about some of my favorite characters! Great read!
on November 5, 2014
Good on Hawaii.
on January 28, 2014
I wasn't expecting such good condition, but it looks like it's brand new! There are a few old library markings and barcodes, but other than that this book is truly in pristine condition.