Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station" and save 65% off the $259.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Ambient Weather WS-2080 Wireless Home Weather Station
|Price:||$116.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$142.01 (55%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The Ambient Weather WS-2080 is a compact, easy to install complete weather station with impressive reliability at a very low cost.
- This weather station measures wind speed, wind direction, temperature and humidity (both inside and outside), rainfall and barometric pressure.
- The console of the weather station displays a wide range of parameters in an easy-to-read format on a large LCD. The attractively thin console can be placed on a desktop or mounted to a wall.
- Includes a USB port and EasyWeather PC software, a simple to use windows application that allows real time monitoring. It can be used to progam weather station parameters and alarms. You can also log data .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
USB port for easy connection to your PC
All the weather data from the base station and weather history data with user adjustable measuring intervals can be recorded and uploaded to your PC
Free PC software for transfer weather data to PC
Rainfall data (inches or millimeters): 1-hour, 24-hour,one week,one month and total since last reset.
Wind chill and Dew point temperature display (°F or °C)
Records min. and max. wind chill and Dew point with time and date stamp
Wind speed (mph, m/s, km/h, knots, Beaufort)
Wind direction display with LCD compass
Weather forecast tendency arrow
Weather alarm modes for: a) Temperature b) Humidity c) Wind chill d) Dew point e) Rainfall f) Wind speed g) Air pressure h) Storm warning
Forecast icons based on changing barometric pressure
Barometric pressure (inHg or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
Wireless outdoor and indoor humidity (% RH)
Records min. and max. humidity with time and date stamp
Wireless outdoor and indoor temperature (°F for °C)
Records min. and max. temperature with time and date stamp
Time and date with manual setting
12 or 24-hour time display
Time zone setting
High light LED backlight
Wall hanging or free standing
Synchronized instant reception
Low power consumption (over 2 years battery life for transmitter)
Four outdoor sensors: thermo-hydro transmitter, wind speed sensor, wind direction sensor and rain sensor
Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to +149°F
Indoor temperature range: 32°F to +122°F
Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
Wind speed: 0-100mph
Measuring range air pressure: 8.85inHg - 32.50inHg
Alarm duration : 120 sec
Transmission range up to 330 feet (line of sight)
From the Manufacturer
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°F to +149°F
- Indoor temperature range: 32°F to +122°F
- Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Wind speed: 0-110 mph
- Measuring range air pressure: 8.85inHg - 32.50inHg
- Alarm duration : 120 sec
- Power consumption: a) Receiver: 2 x AA alkaline batteries (not included) b) Sensor: 2 x AA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Console Dimensions (LxWxH):
- 4.5 x 6.75 x 1.5 inches
- Transmission frequency: 433MHz
About 8 lbs.
The WS-2080 Wireless Weather Station with Software
Wireless and Easy to Install
Low Cost Weather Station
The Ambient WS-2080 is a compact, easy to install complete weather station with impressive reliability at a very low cost.
This weather station measures wind speed, wind direction, temperature and humidity (both inside and outside), rainfall and barometric pressure.
The console also displays dew point and wind chill, increments of rain (hourly, daily, monthly, yearly), includes a barograph and weather forecasting.
A radio controlled clock synchronizes the date and time for the utmost accuracy.
The weather station’s console displays a wide range of parameters in an easy-to-read format on a large LCD. The attractively thin console can be placed on a desktop or mounted to a wall.
Other features include alarming, high and low history, archive history, and calibration.
The console includes an integrated USB port for connection to a computer, or the WeatherBridge Web Appliance (optional).
Special Notes and Caveats:
- The wireless range is 300 feet line of sight (100 feet under most conditions).
- The wireless signal will not penetrate solid metal or earth.
- Mounting pole is not included and sold separately. The WS-2080 includes brackets and adapter for mounting to any 1-2 inch diameter pole.
- For improved temperature accuracy, order the SRS100LX Solar Radiation Shield.
The Sensor Array
The sensor array measures wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, rainfall and receives radio controlled time from the atomic clock in Bolder, CO.
The 433 MHz wireless sensor array communicates to the console. The wireless range is 300 feet line of sight (100 feet under most conditions).
The sensor array updates every 48 seconds. The maximum wind speed (gust) and average wind speed are continuously sampled within the 48 second time period, so you never miss a wind gust.
The self emptying rain gauge provides resolution to 0.01 inches.
All the weather data from the base station and weather history data with user adjustable measuring intervals can be recorded and uploaded to your PC or Mac.
PC Users (free application):
Includes a USB port and EasyWeather software, a simple to use windows application that allows real time monitoring of the WS-2080 Home Weather Station. It can be used to program weather station parameters and alarms. You can also log data as well as view collected data in various graphical formats.
Mac Users (paid application):
Add WeatherSnoop or WeatherSnoop Lite. WeatherSnoop connects your Mac to the WS-2080 weather station to provide you with a rich graphical representation of your weather data, along with numerous data management and sharing features. It has the look and feel that you expect from a Mac application. Includes internet connectivity to free hosting services.80
Post your weather station data online, free!
Add Cumulus Software by Sandaysoft and post your data on Weather Underground, the world''s most popular free weather station network.
Runs on most Windows 32/64-bit operating systems, including Windows 8.
Also supports WeatherBug Backyard, PWS (Weatherfoyou) and CWOP weather station services.
You can also order the Ambient Weather WeatherBridge web appliance for PC-free operation.
Weather Underground Features:
The Weather Underground is the most comprehensive weather server for storing, analyzing and viewing your weather station data.
The image above shows the WunderStation app for IPads, available at the Apple Store. WunderStation allows you to view, analyze, share and compare data from local personal weather stations with beautiful, customizable charts and graphics.
WunderStation is compatible with iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and iOS versions 7 and higher.
|Wind Speed and Direction, Rainfall, Temperature, Humidity, Barometer||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Solar Radiation and UV||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Color Display with Graphing||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Internet Publishing||with software||with software||direct to intenet||direct to internet||wifi to internet|
|Sunrise, Sunset and Moonphase||✓||✓||✓|
|Radio Frequency||433 MHz||433 MHz||915 MHz||915 MHz||915 MHz||915 MHz|
|WiFi to Internet||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
I've had no problems with the sensor range; my base is sitting about 75' away from the outside sensor, through 1 exterior (with a few windows) and 3 interior (no windows) walls. No connection problems at all.
Unlike some of the other low-cost home weather stations, I've not had any problems with erroneous data. It's clean. With a previous station I'd get frequent erroneous 57mph wind gusts when it rained, despite my best efforts of sealing & ferrite-choking the cables.
A few caveats:
1) Use good lithium batteries in the outside sensor unit. It takes two AA's. Yes, lithium's are 2-3 times as expensive as alkalines. But lithium batteries will last much longer than standard alkalines, and they are much better in the cold. I live in the midwest, and I'm still on the first pair of AA lithiums from over a year ago, and they went through a brutally cold winter without any complaints. Alkalines are fine for the base. My station's connected to a PC, so it is powered via the USB connection anyway.
2) Build quality of the sensors is very low.Read more ›
|Length: 3:23 Mins|
Edit- The tree has been removed.
After the third large branch hit my house, we had the tree cut down.
this is a great station if you are just getting into weather monitoring. a davis might last longer, but then again you could just buy another WS2080 in two years and still be out less money than you would have paid for a davis.
these mid-range weather stations are manufactured by FineOffset then resold by ambient weather and others. the 2080 has a fairly comprehensive feature set. the 1080 has larger console, touchscreen, and requires more batteries. the 3080 has uv/sunlight sensors. there is a solar-powered option for the sensors. the 2090 has an integrated anemometer/windspeed.
below are the PROs, CONs, and a few NOTEs about the WS2080 based on use on an island in mid-coast maine.
- inexpensive. you can get 3 of these (or 2 stations with 2 extra consoles) for the price of a single davis.
- reasonably accurate, except for wind gusts.
- trivial to set up.
- wireless range is decent, but not great.
- batteries (use lithium!) last a long time even in cold weather. requires 2 AA for the sensor and 2 AA for the console.
- multiple consoles can be used with a single instrument station. the console is WS-2080-C and can be ordered directly from ambient weather for about $40.
- console can be powered via the USB port.
- the console update interval is every 48 seconds (davis is every 2 seconds). as a result you'll miss a lot of wind gusts. not a big deal for the other data.
- there is no option to add uv/sunlight sensor. the 3080 units seem to be hard to find in the US.Read more ›
Everything work out of the box. Spent some time reading manual so that I knew what it was capable of and what the limitations were. This was nice in that everything needed except mounting pole was included, even PC cable and software. Would I recommend it to a friend, yes. Just would warn them that it is like any low cost device, it may not have the long life someone would want, but it did not cost $1,500 dollars or more. I like knowing the local conditions around my house, but not going to pay a lot.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the temperature indoors is accurate, outdoors is another story. as mentioned in some previous reviews, has inaccuracies caused by the poor quality of the cover of the narrow meter. Read morePublished 4 days ago by John
As a weather junkie, this was my 3rd station over the years and by far the worst. Within 6 months of use it started going crazy with false readings and resetting, losing all... Read morePublished 5 days ago by MikeM
Don't bother. I requested this as a gift about a year ago. The first base unit failed after about 9 months. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Bill M101
Nothing but problems with this device. Once a month it would just stop communicating with the sensors. Read morePublished 14 days ago by R. Humes