Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amco Enameled Aluminum Squeezer, Orange
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Orange|Change
Price:$8.27+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 5, 2009
I chose this size squeezer because I have a lime squeezer. That one it too small to squeez lemons or oranges. Now I have the tripple threat! I can squeez all three with one squeezer.
on July 16, 2006
I read the negative review (above); with due respect, I don't agree. I have the lemon and lime models. I have made a kergillion Margaritas with these. I used to use the twist kind that collects juice in a bowl below - these pale next to the Mexican beauties in price and function. With respect to the claim that pulp and juice get caught in the partially folded-over skin; not so. I tested this myself by fully unfolding the skin and squeezing again - only a drop or two remained from the first pass. So I say: when one is enjoying juice, one should lighten up on the obsessive/compulsive notions and just have some fun. Enjoy!
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2010
Make sure to put the citrus half in the squeezer correctly. If put in the wrong way, I could see not getting all of the juice out of the fruit. It is counter intuitive, but with the squeezer opened, in your left hand, place the lemon/lime/orange 'face down' (cut side facing the drain holes) and squeeze.
on March 9, 2010
I was hesitant to purchase this after reading some of the negative reviews. While I agree there is pulp and a very small amount of juice left, this is a hand squeezer and not a juicer. When I used it for a recipe that called for 3 oranges or the corresponding amount of juice, it was spot on. Biggest problem I had ... if I went too quick, juice sometimes squirted up the side. For the price it is very durable and functions as promised. If you want no pulp or juice left, fork out $150 for a juicer.
on July 28, 2008
this review works for both the lime Amco Enameled Aluminum Lime Squeezer, Dark Green and lemon Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer squeezers, as well.

after trying the lemon squeezer, a unitasker if there ever was one, i went ahead and purchased both the lime and orange squeezers. i am happy with all three. the construction has proven to be solid, the pin is solid and can take punishment, and you will never find something better that these tools for getting juice out of your citrus.

while i have owned orange juicers and all manner of electric and manual gadgets to extract juice from my lemons, limes, and oranges, these Amco tools have proven the best. after squeezing hundreds of fruits with them i have found that ease of use, quick clean-up, and agreeable price to be compelling enough for me to both reccommend them to you and to buy them as gifts to foodie friends.

five stars.
on May 6, 2015
I love this thing. I just got it today and had to post some pictures. So here are the good things:

1) The material is metal and heavy, but not too heavy where your hand would get tired.
2) It was easy to squeeze the oranges. I thought maybe it would be difficult or maybe my hand wouldn't fit around the device with an orange in it. But it was super easy.
3) Easy to clean. I just rinsed it off.
4) One of the reviews said it was messy, but I got a couple of drops on my hand. That's it. I squeezed the orange juice into measuring bowl with a spout. Then, when it was done I poured it into glass. Easy as pie. Seriously. There was no squirting juice everywhere so I am not sure what that reviewer was doing to cause such a mess.
5) I never really thought about this before, but I guess an unexpected bonus is you don't have to strain out any seeds. By nature of the design, it does that for you during the squeezing process.

I used regular sized (medium, I guess) oranges. See pictures. I tried to measure oranges and lemons I used. There was still a bit of space left even after I placed the oranges in the device. I also juiced 2 lemons and they worked just as well.
Helpful hint: I made a glass of OJ. 4 medium-sized oranges and 2 lemons made an 8oz glass of OJ. It was delicious.
Worth every penny. And so much fun.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 9, 2011
This little tool works better than advertised. I juice lemons using this one as well as oranges--the lemons fit well. The biggest oranges that can be found at the grocery might not fit--cutting those into quarters will resolve the fit question.No pulp (sometimes a benefit) mixed with the juice and absolutely no seeds. Easy operation--a simple squeeze--and the juicer gets the last drop of juicw possible. The orange juicer will work with small to medium oranges, most size lemons too. A sturdy well made tool that is well worth the cost
on October 24, 2014
Very average and cheap feeling, and I wouldn't buy it again. It felt like a dollar store item. I bought this to use with lemons to ensure the lemon halves would fit based on reviews of the lemon citrus squeezer by Amco. I have probably only squeezed a dozen lemons with this, and the metal has split over 1/2 inch in the bottom "cup" part. It still works, I'm just not sure how long it will last at this point.
on December 12, 2013
Update - I returned this manual juicer; Amazon is great. I opted for the Epica Stainless Steel Electric Citrus Juicer. Wife and I are very happy with the Epica.

The squeezer does NOT get all the juice out. It does get about 75% easily. Reason it can't get all the juice is because there is about a 5/8" gap left inside the juicer when it is closed, about 3x what it should be.

I saw lots of people are complaining about this, and I dismissed those claims because I saw lots of other people happy, saying the people that aren't getting the juice are putting the orange in backwards. This may be the case for some, but even when you put the orange in correctly (rind up, away from holes), it isn't able to get all the juice out.

You can get the rest of the juice out (with more effort) by stacking the two half-squeezed rinds together both inside the juicer. You have to do this twice, because the bottom rind prevents the juice from coming out of the top rind.

It could probably use some more holes too. I might drill these if I decide to keep this squeezer.. not sure yet.
And more room for improvement would be to make the handles another few inches longer, and more round so they don't cut into your hand when you are squeezing hard.
on June 28, 2013
I have several sizes of Amco citrus squeezers, which are an essential part of my bar and kitchen for getting fresh juice. However, so many lemons seem big lately (maybe because I get them at Costco!). This has worked great on them.

Yeah, maybe it's a little bit bigger than you truly need. But the larger size means longer handles and that makes it easier to squeeze the lemons. Just be sure as others have noted to put the lemon or orange in there "upside down" - you cut the lemons in half, the flat cut face goes in the round bottom of the bowl, and the curved peel side goes up. When you squeeze the lemon gets pushed inside out.

I also like the color coding, and the finish holds up well. Never had a problem with an Amco squeezer.