5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small amounts!
Published on August 19, 2009 by N. Colwell

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
I bought these about a month ago. I was disappointed that one of the spoons was labeled "hint" instead of "dash" like the other ones which you can buy, but that was my fault, I guess, because I didn't read the description closely enough.

Published on May 21, 2009 by Sharbysyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small amounts!, August 19, 2009
N. Colwell (Chesapeake, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
I bought these because I'm working on formulating a recipe that will later be scaled up to larger quantities. My normal measuring spoons go down to 1/4 tsp but I needed to go smaller. After getting these, I measured how much these actually are, and found out that these spoon set is: 1/8tsp, 1/16tsp, 1/32tsp, and 1/64 which is wonderful for extending my normal spoon set to finer measurements. I was afraid that the actual measurements would be strange, but they are perfect. The quality of these is very nice, not up to the quality of my all-clad spoons, but much better than you would expect for $6. Great deal, pick these up today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Money, January 1, 2010
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
I bought these to measure dry chemicals. I wish they were labeled with the actual measurements instead of cutesy "drop" and "pinch" because those labels don't do me much good. I remember the measurements but I always second guess myself so I had to make a chart that I keep with the spoons.

They are nice and sturdy and easy to clean. I knocked off a star because of the useless labels.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, May 21, 2009
Sharbysyd (Buffalo, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)

But I was really disappointed because these ended up getting rusty on the handle after sitting in the dish drainer for a couple of days.

I have another set (of 3, one of which is a dash) which I've had for months which has never gotten rusty. I'm very sorry that I purchased these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the guesswork out of old recipes, September 23, 2008
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
Vintage recipes from your family or that great old cookbook of yesteryear means understanding a pinch or hint as specific measures. With these spoons the guesswork is taken away. Love them, anyone using old recipes must have a set of these in their kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars a solid average, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
useful tools, average quality.

The bowl portion of my set were all bent at different angles and NONE of them had the top of the bowl flush with the handle (so that it's not possible to scrape off clean level measurements).

that said they will do their job acceptably and i needed ' tsp size since my main set only went down to ¼.

somebody else figured out that these each are ½ the size of the previous one so:

1/8th
1/16th
1/32th
1/64th.

I will be putting on actual labels with my label maker

You won't be unsatisfied by the function, you may be less than awed by the form. They will 'get the job done'. I will keep them out of standing water based on other's comments about rusting.

-awr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, September 23, 2009
Jason Kichline (Mechanicsburg, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
I bought these to scoop out Stevia because it is so potent! The smallest one is exactly enough to flavor 16oz of coffee or tea. I also gave other ones to my mother-in-law.

4.0 out of 5 stars good little spoons, November 9, 2010
Cheerful and Cranky (Pittsford, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
I'm so glad another reviewer listed the measurements for each little measuring spoon, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use these for recipes. I wish they had the measurements on the spoons, since the occasional recipe will ask for the exact measurement and not a dash or pinch. Aside from not listing the measurement they are perfectly good little measuring spoons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not only a conversational piece, May 17, 2010
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
Yes , these little spoons have already brought on a few conversations & laughs at our house but
they do serve a purpose for cooks like me that try to be so freakin' exact about most recipes and
other things too - it's just that when I use Grandma's , Mom's & shared recipes that call for a pinch
of this and a dash of that , like most, I'm guessing at what they mean and these measuring spoons
take the guessing and the him and hawing out of the equation . If you are strictly practical
about such stuff or your budget demands are such then pass on these - for me I'm glad I got them .
Bon Appetit !

5.0 out of 5 stars useful for precise measurements, July 8, 2011
S. Dang (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
I needed these to measure medicine for my dogs to add to their food. They did the job, nothing more, nothing less.

They are high quality steel and attached to a ring, and stack perfectly into a compact single unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes the mystery!!, January 24, 2009
This review is from: Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts (Kitchen)
While I have cooked for close to 50 years and have a good idea of what a pinch or smidgen might be I have also always wondered if my interpretation has been correct. No more wondering with this nice set of measuring spoons. Reasonable priced, well made, highly recomend.

Amco Measuring Spoons for Small Amounts