Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

I love Amelia Bedelia books and read all of them as a child and as a teacher, I was sure to share them with my students. This book is super special because haven't all Amelia Badelia fans wondered what Amelia Bedelia was like as a child? I know I have and this book shows Amelia as a first grader. This is the first time Amelia Bedelia has been shown as a child. With this great story we now know that Amelia started out silly and that is just the way she will always be. Ordinary first grade happenings become extraordinary with Amelia Bedelia's literal take on all things first grade. Teachers can see themselves in Miss Edwards. She is patient but knows when enough is enough and tells Amelia, after she has gotten out of her seat many times to, "Please glue yourself to your seat." If you know Amelia Bedelia, you can guess what she does when Miss Edwards just wants her to stay in her seat. Students get a look at a fun filled day and will laugh out loud when Amelia Bedelia does what she is told. The pictures by Lynne Avril really compliment the text and make the story even more exciting. My son loved seeing Amelia Bedelia try to put her nose in a book because he hears me tell him to do that often. This would be a great first week of school read or a special book to share with your child the night before they start school. This would also be a fantastic gift for a new teacher. I love Amelia Bedelia and enjoyed seeing her as a child in this terrific picture book!
on February 14, 2012
My niece loves this book. She will be stating kindergarten in the fall. I hope it helps her and her mommy. I wish she wrote a book for her younger sister who will miss her even more in daycare......
on May 9, 2016
My 3yo might be a little too young to fully understand all the word play in this book, but he LOVES it! (I'll definitely introduce these multiple meaning words as we continue to read and re-read it). His favorite parts are when Amelia Bedelia runs into the PE teacher (OOOOF!), when the librarian wants their noses in the books (OUCH!), and when the teacher calls roll (HERE!)

We originally learned about this book because we borrowed this book from the library. I ended up buying it because he loves it so much.
on January 20, 2015
I, the mother of a 6 year old, found this to be a bit exaggerated for my baby.
Somehow, Amelia misunderstands almost everything and acts a bit silly, though in the end it all works out as everyone ends up laughing and having a good time.
As for my daughter, she couldn't seem to understand why Amelia just didn't get it...but she enjoyed the fact that everyone else around her, did not make her feel bad for making mistakes.
on July 25, 2009
This summer I introduced to our daughter to Amelia Bedelia and my daughter requested to read everything and anything about Amelia. Here we finally get to see Amelia as a child on her 1st day of school. And at the same time find out that as a child she took people at their word... exactly, just as she does as an adult! It's a very cute book and the illustrations are done by Lynne Avril and she did a great job!

At first our daughter didn't understand why Amelia would take instruction so literally, then would laugh and shake her head at Amelia's latest antics. Now, my daughter when she hears something that would confuse Amelia in her every life, she makes the connection to Amelia and laughs, shakes her head and then tells us how it would confuse Amelia into do this chore.
on August 26, 2014
This is a really cute story- perfect for all those little girls who are starting to school. We read it often because my granddaughter never tires of hearing about the things that Amelia Bedelia does. I highly recommend this book.
on August 16, 2014
I read this book aloud to my third graders the first week of school. It is full of idioms and play on words so my ELD kids were a little lost. When we talk about figurative language I am going to pull this book back out.
on May 20, 2013
I have always liked the original Amelia Bedelia books, so this is one of three I purchased of the new version (where Amelia is a little girl, instead of a grown woman/housekeeper.) I like the new Amelia, she is a cute character and the illustrations are great. My only "eh" is that her literal take on things isn't as clever as in the original series...her misunderstandings of things were way more creative in the originals...and Amelia the housekeeper used to get herself in actual situations due to her misinterpretations. The "new" Amelia books are just regular stories, she really doesn't get into funny predictaments due to taking things literally, which was the whole point of the "Amelia Bedelia" character initially.
on July 9, 2013
Cute book. The font is way too small on the Kindle. It is unreadable. You can, however, double tap on the text and enlarge it so it is completely readable. Didn't know that before...sorry! Still, it is an odd way to read a book and you must tap on each section of text. If that doesn't bother you, that's great, otherwise best to purchase in book form.
on August 25, 2013
The book was ok because it was kind of predictable. The book itself was okay for kids ages 4-6 but as a 9-year-old girl I didn't really like this book. The book... it just wasn't for me. So bye! And see you guys later!