5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Earhart-Young Aviator
Amelia Earhart was a very courageous young pilot, and she helped inspire young women to fly. In the book, Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator, by Beatrice Gormley, in the Childhood of Famous Americans series, the author describes Amelia Earhart as extraordinarily brave. This book tells almost everything a person would want to know about Amelia Earhart.
Amelia flew...
Published on September 4, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Not age-appropriate
Published on November 16, 2010 by Waterlily

5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Earhart-Young Aviator, September 4, 2000
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator (Childhood of Famous Americans) (Paperback)
Amelia flew her plane until she wanted to retire. Before she retired, though, she wanted to make one last record-breaking flight. She planned to fly around the entire world, making stops only to refuel her plane. Near one of the islands she was supposed to land at, she mysteriously disappeared into the fog. No one knows what happened to her. We don't even know where she lies. We just know of her great achievements.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not age-appropriate, November 16, 2010
Waterlily (Sunny Florida) - See all my reviews
I agree with the review from "Mom to a Five Year Old."---too many adult issues for a children's book. Even for my 8 and 6 year-olds, there was a lot I skipped over in reading it aloud. The issue of her parents' marital problems could have been mentioned briefly, as it affected her growing up years, but handled in a much more discreet way. We really do not need to know the details. It seems to be the main focus of much of the book. I was disappointed. I wanted to know a lot more about Amelia and a lot less about her parents.

4.0 out of 5 stars too many adult issues for the super young, June 19, 2007
I read several other books from this series aloud to my five year old but had to stop halfway through this one. Amelia had a bit of a difficult life with her father's alcoholism, parent's divorce, occasional poverty and ultimate loss at sea. There are other allusions to people dying in plane crashes. The books about Neal Armstrong, John Glenn and the Wright Brothers from this series were more appropriate for a five year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, January 12, 2013
I love the book it's good for kids . It's just an amazing book.
Loved it would really read this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 7, 2010
K. Thompson (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
THese Childhood of Famous American books are well worth the money. My kids love them and have learned so much by reading them aloud with me and on their own. A great way to introduce TRUE history in a childrens story form.

4.0 out of 5 stars on-time delivery, December 16, 2009
Ordered this as Christmas gift. It arrived in time, at a good price. We know the book is a great kids' book.

Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator (Childhood of Famous Americans)
Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator (Childhood of Famous Americans) by Beatrice Gormley (Paperback - February 1, 2000)
$6.99 $6.39