5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MARVELOUS book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of the most real books I've read in a long time! I can actually relate to it. Some people say it is not good for your kids. That is how kids are at that age, it's something they can relate to. They will not feel so alone. I wish she would just write TEN more books so I could read them all!!!!!!!!
Published on June 29, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Notebooks, Notebooks
Published on September 10, 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MARVELOUS book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, June 29, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Voting Highly For Amelia, July 27, 1999
Amelia's Notebook was great!! I love the drawings
and the stuff she writes with it. She's a really
great author. I've read her others and they are
good too. So, what I'm trying to say basically
is either get the book or borrow it. I highly
recommend it. It's probably best for girls 7 - 16.
Great for all girls. Ages as follows.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for reluctant readers, September 13, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Paperback)
My daughter started third grade this year and for the first time is supposed to read silently by herself for a minimum of 15 minutes per night. She was a little intimidated by this since we have always read together, so she started out by picking simple picture books that were way beneath her reading level. I bought this book on a whim to try and get her interested in reading something more age appropriate, and she was immediately entranced. The illustrations are wonderful, and the story is perfect for drawing in young readers. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for teaching children to use a journal!!!!, July 26, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Paperback)
This book was a scream! It not only has hilarious tales about Amelia's life, but it has excellent illustrations. Amelia writes about moving to a new place, dealing with her older sister, and the task of finding a new friend.

Trying to get students to write about their feelings is one of the hardest jobs I have had as a teacher. Students can associate with Amelia and her emotions.

Use this book to get students to write!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd recommend it to anyone!, September 11, 2010
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Hardcover)
Many years ago, when I was still in elementary school, I read "Amelia's Notebook" for the first time. I must have been around the same age as the character, and I remember being able to relate to her a lot. I'm almost 17 years old, now, and the mere mention of this book or any of it's successors brings a smile to my face and a flood of happy memories, many of them memories of a simpler time in my life. Part of me wishes I could go back to that time, be immortalized like the entries in Amelia's notebook, alas, we all have to grow up, and I'm getting off topic. These books are very funny, they are sharp and honest, brilliant and human, unlike numerous books written for children in the perspective of a child, this one stays true to the target audience. I know for myself, I definitely had a few things in common with Amelia at age 9, and Marissa Moss did well, keeping the first-person accounts sounding more or less like a 9 year old girl, but not putting the character into a one-dimensional, overdone stereotype of girls Amelia's age. Amelia, as well as her friends, teachers, mom, and horror story of a sister, Cleo, are full of personality, every character sounding like they could be an actual person, and indeed, perhaps you know or will meet someone who reminds you of Amelia, Nadia, Mr. Nudle, Leah, or even Cleo! This book series also inspired me to write and draw, just as the Captain Underpants books inspired me to make comics. I've had notebooks ever since I can remember, writing anything that I thought was worth writing in them, and I think these books had a hand in that. My best friend read the books, and I remember, for a while we were both hog-wild about notebooks. I haven't written in a notebook in a while, but after writing this review, I think I'll try and pick it up again. It's great fun, and helps me in a good many ways.

In short, I'd recommend this to anyone, even if you think you're too old for it. It was a huge part of my childhood, and I hope these books live on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Story, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Hardcover)
I love to read this book. It is quick and the jokes can be corny, but it is truly an entertaining story that is sure to amuse anyone in your life and I know that I enjoyed it for certain. However, I have only one complaint about this book: the pages give off a strong, unpleasant scent that sort of reminds me of cheese. (I am sorry, Marissa Moss, I know that it is not your fault). I am guessing that it is the glue used in the binding, but I don't always like to open up the book for this reason. I love it, and I don't think that the other books in this series bear the same smell, but otherwise you should definitely give this book a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars Notebooks, Notebooks, September 10, 2001
A Kid's Review
Amelia's Notebook is a great book. It is about a nine-year-old girl named Amelia. Her mother gave Amelia a notebook to record her thoughts in. In this notebook, Amelia writes all sorts of things like: her family (especially her older sister, Cleo), her friends, and Amelia draws pictures in her notebook. When her family has to move, Amelia writes about her trip and leaving her best friend. I recommend this book to girls ages 9-12. I hope you read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars MY ALL TIME FAVORITE AMELIA BOOK!, February 27, 2002
This is my all time favorite Amelia book. I especially like her doodles of cafeteria food in her new school and her dumb sister Chloe and her nice friend, Nadia. This is the best book. I've read it again and again. I recommend it to anyone who likes to laugh. Some other diarys which are good are THE DIARY OF A SLAVE GIRL, RUBY JO, THE DIARY OF PATIENCE WHIPPLE, and one boy diary called THE JOURNAL OF LEROY JONES.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest book ever, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Hardcover)
I grew up reading every last one of these books, they are simply amazing! 12 years later I still want to read them again. I love how there are little side notes and drawings that are random. The book is so creative. I want to buy all of the books again (since I lost mine after all these years)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Amelia's Notebook (Hardcover)
When I was in elementary school (in the 90's), I read this book. Two years ago, I started buying this series for my niece. She loves Amelia and with good reason. Not only is this a fun and relatable read but the illustrations make it feel so personal and inviting.

I especially like that in "Amelia Lends a Hand," the book includes flash cards that teach sign language. My husband and I spent a couple hours with my niece, learning how to sign.

I encourage all girls, young and old, to read some Amelia books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Amelia's Notebook
Amelia's Notebook by Marissa Moss (Hardcover - February 1, 2006)
$12.99 $11.07