Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amelie from Montmartre
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$11.49

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 20, 2014
Disappointed. I really the pianist Yann Tiersen, but other elements such as singing reduced my appreciation significantly.
on June 7, 2003
This is a fun film & good soundtrack. If you like this, check out the soundtrack for "Goodbye Lenin" also done by Tiersen. It is another great one but you won't find it listed under Yan Tiersen the way "Amelie" is because Amazon goofed. Just check out the sales-rank difference, all because of a database error!
on February 19, 2013
This CD is OK if you like accordian music. It was a little too much for me. I have to admit, it was giving me a headache...
on April 1, 2003
After watching amelie, I felt complelled to check out the soundtrack since I had thoroughly enjoyed the music of the film. However, I will say that while the music complements the movie quite nicely, it is a little too sparse and simple to hold my attention for long by itself. This is not the composer's falt, since he was writing music to add to the visual stimulation of the film. But to better suite the movie, there are also a number of variations on similar themes. This can get a bit repetative when listening to the songs one after the other. Still there is some good stuff on here (3 stars means this is still a good cd), tracks: 4,5,6,19,20 are some of the better ones. I also like the choise of instruments used and I'm sure this soundtrack appeals to many people. However, as a musician (although not professional) and a rather obsessed and diverse music listener, I'd much rather hear this music played during the movie and bump the pulp fiction/reservoir dogs cds when I'm in the mood for a soundtrack.
on November 9, 2006
I guess the fact that I haven't bought many soundtracks (if any) played a part in not knowing what to expect from this soundtrack - or if maybe I expected too much. It makes sense that the songs from a movie (not sure if they were made specifically for the movie, but it'd make sense) aren't terrific as stand-alone songs when listening to the cd. What I mean is that there are some good songs, La Valse D'Amelie, in particular and its variants, but it's not a cd that's just good to listen to on its own. It definitely brings to mind scenes from the movie, and if that's what a soundtrack is supposed to do, then it does a wonderful job. The songs also seem a bit too short - La Valse D'Amelie (Orchestra Version), for example, is only 2 minutes - so in that respect it leaves you hanging a bit..I'd give it three stars just for the fact that it makes me think of the fantastic movie. As a cd: eh.
on December 23, 2007
The sound track of Amelie goes really well with the whole theme of the movie. It is very nostalgic and it carries a mixture of romance sadness and happiness. However, the #4 track, Comtine D'un Autre Ete: L'apres Midi is an exception. This particular track is so beautifully individual, poetic and magical.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse