Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on November 9, 2013
I have been cake decorating for many years now and was taught by the Wilton Trainers. Because of this I have, up to this point, stood behind all Wilton products and only used their coloring. However, I have noticed that their colors seem to go bad quickly now, and some of the colors you have to use so much to get the shade you want. This is frustrating since Wilton coloring is not cheap. Not only that, but I go through a lot of toothpicks to get the coloring out of the containers. . .they really should make squeeze bottles. . .anyways, I was looking around for another brand of coloring, and came across AmeriColor. The reviews seemed pretty good so I bought this set since it has some of my most commonly used colors in it. I can definitely say I am very pleased! Yes it is a little more watery then Wilton's coloring, but I did not notice any thinning in my icing. The squeeze bottles are great (no more toothpicks!!) and the lid snaps shut so they seal great. Also handy that they come in a nice little box that I can store in my cupboard and not have to worry about them falling out or rolling around. It takes time to adjust to using them as you don't have to use much at all to get a bright color. So start with just a small drop before adding more. The only color I wasn't that excited about was the brown - maybe I needed to work with it some more, but I never did get it very dark, but it was still brown. I would definitely recommend these for use for cake decorating - they may be a bit pricey, but you are saving money in comparison to Wilton since you don't have to use near as much and they seem to keep a lot better.
on March 25, 2015
For years, I've purchased the little jars of Wilton food coloring you find at big box general stores and craft stores. For years, I've found myself ever-so-slightly irritated at the process of getting out bit of food coloring on a toothpick or butter knife, then mixing it in, then realizing I didn't get enough, cleaning off my utensil and doing it again and again until the right color is reached. With this food coloring, that problem is no longer an issue. I love having food coloring in a squirt bottle instead of a jar. It may not be as easy to get the very last bit out of the bottle, but for convenience, it can't be beaten. You can also minimize that problem by storing the jars upside down in the original box.

In terms of color, I couldn't be happier. It didn't take nearly as much coloring as I expected to achieve really vibrant, bright colors. I will say that if you're looking for primary colors, you might not be totally happy with the blue. It's definitely more of a sky blue than a regular blue. The rest of the colors are exactly what you'd probably expect, though. I've included a picture of some cookies with the blue (and red and green) so you can get an idea of what you're getting.

Since I often bake at my parents' home, I'll be buying a second set of these for their house before the fall and winter baking season is upon us. I'm very glad to have found this food coloring.
on February 16, 2015
Fantastic food colors! They are easy to use, no funny tastes, vibrant colors, easy to ID from the top and does not require much product to achieve fantastic colors! I made this cake for a birthday party with ease using this product, getting the exact colors I wanted! I used to use wilson gel food colors and it took 3x as much product as this, was more expensive and dried up. I will definitely exclusively use this item from now on!
on October 1, 2013
After reading the reviews and taking others advice, I was a bit frustrated "use a lot for best results" --NO. A few drops goes a LONG way, for cake balls at least. No funky flavor. No runny mess. Easy clean up, no staining. Couldn't be happier and will be recommending!
on January 7, 2016
Just what I was looking for. My daughter wanted a rainbow cake for her birthday and I am not a pro at making birthday cakes but thought I could do this. I decided to go with the gel paste and I am so happy I did. The colors are so vibrant. A little goes a long way.
review image review image
on December 22, 2013
I do not know how these work. I bought them for the black, which was one of the colors in the ad. But there was no black in the box. Other colors varied as well. I think there should be a statement that the colors that are shipped are random, and not necessarily those in the photo. I sent them back.
on October 18, 2010
Bold bright colors and only a small amount you have to use i'll definately order these again excellent buy ( note- no black involved ).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 20, 2015
I went back and forth between choosing the 8 or 12 packs of AmeriColor soft gels, but finally settled on this 8 pack.
I am very, very happy with them! I can't believe how nice they are. I previously used Wilton's gel colours and another brand but this is by far superior. You really only need a tiny, tiny bit and the SQUEEZE BOTTLES make it so much easier to use than other brands! So much less messy and so much easier to measure by eye, so no wasted product.
All of the shades are mostly consistent in the formula and amount you use to achieve a bright colour. In the photo I've included, I used a teeny tiny bit of pink, yellow, and blue in plain old canned cream cheese frosting (no time to make my own this time) which is an off-white to begin with. They turned out beautifully and the shades go so well together. I tested the other shades as well and love them all. The brown is a very rich chocolate brown - they all look great and they're versatile, too.
This will last me a very, very long time but when they finally expire... I'll buy more of the same. I wouldn't go back to any other brand. It's just not worth it.
on October 8, 2015
I wanted a good quality strong color for making macarons. Since the amount of color added to batter matters a lot while making them, i wanted somethng that would give accurate color with the least amount. In my opinion, these colors failed here. Am sure they will work great in making cakes and cupcakes where u can always increase the amount of color added. But for macarons,
My hunt is still on!!
on January 2, 2012
After being a life long Wilton user of colorings, I have switched. These are the ONLY colors I will use now. The flip top lids are amazing and the colors are vivid and beautiful!