Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 15, 2000
This book is just what conventional historians and archaeologists need...A Wake-up Call. For centuries, we have been given strict inconclusive historical information to the world we live in and the supposed "first settlers". The planet we live on is so old, and more and more things are being learned about it every day, but still, accurate historical evidence is still being with- held, and treated as heresy. But, it's people like Dr. Fell who aren't afraid to publish truth as it is learned that will bring about a new wealth of information about our world...
on October 30, 2009
This is an excellent book. I loaned my first copy and never got it back. It is a study of the languages written in the rocks in America, especially Ogam. Many scholars are so narrow in their field they did not recognize the symbols.
on August 17, 2005
I first read Barry Fell's America B.C. many years ago as a teenager, and being lucky enough to live in Vermont, have visited various ancient sites here and in New Hampshire. Even if you are skeptical after reading this book, at least let it be a jumping off point to read and discover more about this intriguing subject. Another short, but wonderful book is "New England's Ancient Mysteries" by Robert Ellis Cahill. I picked this up at America's Stonehenge in Salem, NH and am anxious to visit some of the other sites outlined in this book. Also visit [...] for more information on New England Antiquities. It truly is in your own backyard!!
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2003
_America B.C._ is a book that captures the imagination of its readers. It is fascinating to think that Old World travelers somehow managed to reach the New World long before the time of Columbus. Phoenicians came to Vermont where they dedicated a building to the sun god Bel. Druids and Celts also landed in New England. Egyptians visited eastern Canada. In his book, Fell proposes scores of examples of trans-oceanic visitations.
Though it does capture the imagination, I would like to mention that I have done a more thorough study of one of Fell's examples and found that he claims much, but can really prove little. On page 310, Fell writes about the Los Lunas Decalogue. Fell says that the script is like the Moabite Stone which he dates to about 1000 BCE. Patina tests show that the writing is to be dated 500 to 2000 years BP (before the present). Also Fell says that the _punctuation_ matches Greek manuscripts such as Codex Sinaiticus.
In response I would first say that the reason that paleography can be used to date a writing is because scripts are used at a particular time in history and then fade out of use. So if Fell finds that the script of the Los Lunas Decalogue is like the Moabite Stone, then he is dating it to sometime around 1000 BCE. Second, I would say that patina tests are notorious for offering older dates than can be verified by other tests. Even so the patina tests on the Los Lunas Decalogue managed to date the writing to only 2000 years BP. Of course this mismatches the paleographical dating by almost a thousand years. Third, I find that the _punctuation_ of the Los Lunas Decalogue includes dots at the ends of sentences which we call periods. Looking at high resolution pictures of the Dead Sea Scrolls shows that at their
time Hebrew did not use dots as markers for the end of a sentence.
Did Fell reach his conclusions for his scores of other examples based upon such a poor foundation? Though I have not done such indepth research on all of Fell's examples, I would say yes. So although it captures the imagination to think that Old World travelers came to the New World long before the time of Columbus, Leif Ericsson looks like as good as it gets.
on July 16, 2015
I was aware of the book and it's subject matter, I love to watch, on television, a
program called Shepherds Chapel that
do videos to some of the places described in this book. just look to Amazon it is available there
on November 18, 1999
Yes! Good luck, that's what I say those scholars who face whatever public opinion and who try to destroy the myths that are the backbone of so-called conventional History. Go forward, Pr. Fell & please don't stop amazing us!
on October 15, 2015
This is an extraordinary book. I grew up in the Northeast and had seen many of these things regularly not knowing their significance. There is so much interesting information in this book I could not even scratch the surface. I have read it more than once and given it as a gift. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that the pictures are not clear.
on September 28, 2011
Dr. Van Sertima Dr. Fell lead the academic world on American history. The academy will never be the same.

America BC is an outstanding work. I read it many years ago. I learned about it after I read the other great one on American history TThey Came Before Columbus: The African Presence in Ancient America. One can not claim to know the history of Turtle Island (Americas) unless you have read at least these two works.

I just went to look at my copy, remembering the map of the United states showing all the places where African metu Neter (Greeks called (hieroglyphs) were found. This along with Dr. Van Sertima's 25 ton African heads in Mexico and all the skeletal remains of Africans here in the America's, document more then 1000 years of African travel, trade and teaching here.

Classical African Civilization, kemet (ancient Egypt) did not just touch the near West and the East but touched what the West called the New World. We now understand it was new to them but not to everyone. The Cultural Terrorists have tried to suppress this part of Black history but Cyberspace, including youtube and books like this are restoring Ma'at.

America BC will reduce Cultural Poisoning, raise Cultural Literacy and help restore Cultural Health to the subject of American history.
on December 17, 2013
Think again. Super book. History will have to be rewritten again. And this is just the top of the iceberg. The doubting Thomas can say counterfeit all they want but new discoveries are being made all the time. There are still a lot of guessing but this is the thing to start from. Pima indian chant in arabic? Oklahoma war described on cliff in Libyan. Celts from Portugal and Southern Spain in New England, AND visited by Phoenicians. Doubt it? Then read this.
on May 12, 2014
I'm not convinced the European presence in North America was nearly as extensive as Barry Fell implies. I'd like to see more research on this subject.

From Wikipedia:
To quote David H. Kelley, an archaeologist at the University of Calgary who is credited with a major breakthrough in the decipherment of Mayan glyphs, complained about Fell in a 1990 essay: "Fell's work [contains] major academic sins, the three worst being distortion of data, inadequate acknowledgment of predecessors, and lack of presentation of alternative views." In the same essay, however, Kelley went on to state that "I have no personal doubts that some of the inscriptions which have been reported are genuine Celtic ogham." Kelley concluded: "Despite my occasional harsh criticism of Fell's treatment of individual inscriptions, it should be recognized that without Fell's work there would be no [North American] ogham problem to perplex us. We need to ask not only what Fell has done wrong in his epigraphy, but also where we have gone wrong as archaeologists in not recognizing such an extensive European presence in the New World."
[...]