Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on August 12, 2010
I've been using two of these for my fronts for the past few weeks and I love them, especially after I tweaked my Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH Receiver. They produce a great midrange and the highs are great thanks to the horn tweeter. And once I increased the 63Hz +4db on my receiver, the bass is pretty decent too -- but you will want a sub to handle real bass and low frequency extension. I'm using the BIC F12 sub. Love it, too!

Now for the design flaw. See that hole inbetween the two woofers? That's a vent. Now if you leave the grills off (speaker covers) you will be fine and will love your new speakers, but if you want to leave them on, you will notice the flaw. Once a good bass note hits the woofers, it will push enough air out of the vent to cause the grill to rattle. Trust me, you will notice it. I thought of ways around it but decided I will just leave them off since I have no small children to mess with them and I think they look sexy without the covers hiding the nice shiny woofers.

Normally, vents are placed on the back and I never even thought of this possibility when looking at these speakers. I'm very happy with my purchase since they sound great, but thought others would like to know.

Also, the correct product is FH-6T not FT-6T.
55 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2010
These speakers produce extremely high fidelity, articulate, detailed, and explosive sound. They live up to their 96 db sensitivity rating. The horns are the same ones found in Bic's most expensive speakers. They make brass instruments, voices, cymbals, snares, and everything else come alive. I actually thought someone was knocking on my wall and it turned out to be part of the movie soundtrack. I really can't praise these speakers enough. If you look around, you can get an incredible deal on them (probably $275/pair). They will blow anything else in that price range away. I've paired mine with the Acoustech PL-200 subwoofer (also made by Bic), the FH6-LCR for the center channel, and the FH-65B bookshelves for surrounds. I drive them with the Onkyo HT-RC260 receiver, which I bought from Amazon.

These speakers are probably most comparable to Klipsch tower speakers if you want a comparison that you can find in a local store. If you want full, deep bass that you can feel, you are going to need to pair these with a sub, but that is true of most "full range" speakers that are being made these days. It is simply much more practical and cost effective to build quality speakers that are made to be paired with a subwoofer than to make truly full-range speakers that don't need a subwoofer. For example, these towers are rated to go down to 36 hz, but I can attest that there is a drop off in powerful sound below 50 or 60 hz. You won't shake a large room with bass on these speakers alone, but paired with a competent subwoofer, you'll have full-range, seamless sound quality. I knew this going in, and I don't hesitate to reward them with a 5 star rating. I can only imagine how good the flagship pl-89 towers would sound after hearing these.
on February 21, 2011
I'll start by saying I'm not an audio expert. I've been using an Onkyo HTIB for a few years, and finally upgraded to these for my left and right channels (and a BIC America FH6-LCR Dual 6.5-Inch 175-Watt LCR Speaker with Mid/High Frequency Horn for my center channel). These tower speakers are absolutely amazing compared to what I had before. They sound great, they pick up a whole range of sound my old ones did not, and they're very powerful. Of course you can spend more and get speakers that sound even better, but at this price point you will not be disappointed. I'm very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to a friend.
review image
on January 28, 2014
This speaker set was purchased as a replacement for an older Klipsch system(Klipsch Chorus II's, which I still have). The key words here are open, airy and powerful. These speakers respond to the demands of the music and are great with video (movies and gaming). I purchased a pair of FH-6T's along with the FH6-LCR and the BIC F 12 subwoofer. The speakers are driven by a Yamaha RX-V573, Input devices range from my Xbox One to my my PC through HDMI out;

As I mentioned most of what I listen to are movies, television shows, Jazz and some contemporary rock. My listening volume is around the 80 - 100 db (tops) level and this system handles it with all with an articulate aplomb. Compared to their alternative in another brand, these guys are amazing. The performance this systems give a rock solid performance at every volume. With the money I saved I was also able to get the FH6-LCR center channel and the F-12 subwoofer which adds some serious depth and dynamics . I set the roll over @50Hz, the bass line is totally solid, my setting was arbitrary but it sounds great. This is a dynamic system, it really sounds great, vocals are well articulated the bass line is solid, the entire system cost less than just the front channels of something almost as good. Ironically, as was pointed out to me, the THX rollover is 80 Hz. Apparently when I used YPAO to tune to my room, it had set the rollover to the sub at (F-12) at 80 Hz.

Now the bad. The cabinetry is poor quality, having difficulty standing on their own, without something underneath, One of my speakers fell from standing position to the floor and a woofer popped out, screwdriver magic got it back in. They sound good, but will they last 5 years, I'm keeping all my Klipsch Heritage stuff all, of it over 10 years old and solid, these speakers sound good but the quality control is definitely lacking. If I had to do it again, I'd spend the extra money on the RF-62'S. Quality still matters, not just in sound but in construction as well.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2011
I have been putting together a home stereo system for my new home. I have been exposed to many different brands of speakers and other home audio components. I have listened to speaker brands such as B&W (Bowers and WIlkonson), Klipsch, Definitive Technology, Paradigm at the local home theater shops in my area. Now I was not able to compare the Bic America FT-6T speakers side by side to these other brands, but I have listened to enough quality speakers to tell a bad speaker from a good speaker. I think the toughest thing for me was buying a set of speakers site not seen. I trusted the other reviews and researched the company on line. I just didn't understand why these speakers are compared to the big name brands but for a fraction of the price. So I took the leap and purchased a set. I couldn't be happier. I listen to my music, movies, and video games loud! These speakers can handle it all. It took so time getting the settings on my Pioneer VSX 1020 receiver, but now that it is dialed in I am very impressed. I read in another review that there is a flaw with a rattle in the screen. I took mine off.

The clarity is truly amazing. These speakers are worth every dollar I spent and then some. Don't pass them up.
on June 24, 2013
I bought these for my brother as a Christmas gift, I finally made it over to his house to hear them and I was impressed. We basically put together a whole 5.1 system out of BIC products and his system sounds really good. I've heard systems that were on par with the BIC set up we put together that cost 3 times as much. Good product for the money.
on December 14, 2013
Like others have said, these speakers take some time to break in for you to realize the full potential. I have about 40 hours of moderate to loud break in time on them and they are a totally different speaker compared to when I first fired them up. When I first hooked them up I was disappointed in their sound but decided to give them time. I can happily report that once they break in they come alive. What was initially a muted and rather disappointing sound is now totally different. The sound is so much more vivid and "alive" that I am having to adjust my sub to keep up. Before these speakers broke in I had the PL-200 sub at half volume and the bass would almost over power these speakers. Now I have had to turn up the sub to 3/4 to keep up with the 6T's and their mid/high output and even then it barely seems to match the acoustics these speakers put out. On a side note, yes these are a "bright" speaker as some have mentioned, the horn tweeter has definitely gotten brighter as they break in but I like having the extra punch that style tweeter offers and it suits me perfect. With today's amps you can tone down the brightness if you want so it's nothing to worry about anyway. I'd rather have the ability to tone it down than not have the sound at all.

Get these, you won't regret it, especially for the price!
on August 19, 2013
My babies came undamaged and on time. I hooked them up and I was blown away! They are probably the best home speakers I,ve ever owned.I did Cerwin Vega, Klispch,Polk and these price and pound WIN!! There.re nice sized and I could tell they were made with high quality material ! I would recommend them to my friends and I most likely will purchase the larger PL89lls the top of the line BIC speakers. Thank you Bic you have a new fan.
on April 1, 2013
I was not familiar with Bic America speakers before I purchased them. I currenltly have Polk Audio and Klipsh speakers on my other systems which I'm extremely happy with...after extensive research and after reading multiple reviews I chose the Bic America speakers for my front right and left in my living room. I used Polk audio for the R and L rear surround, Sub and center speaker. I have an LG 51" using a Marantz low profile receiver. Excellent theater sound!
on August 17, 2014
Great sound and looks for the price. I coupled them to a Yamaha Natural Sound stereo receiver and they do sound very good. Good range. Do they sound superb? No. Do they look like true audiophile speakers? No. The laminate finish is not the greatest. The actual quality of the drivers is only good, not audiophile. You can see glue in the cone centers. Should I have invested in more expensive DIY kits from Parts-express? Yes.