Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 7, 2014
I really wanted to like this book. I bought it after meeting the former governor and read "Great Joy and Good Tidings", which I really enjoyed. But for some reason this book just isn't hitting home with me. I had a hard time reading more than 15-20 pages at a time. It's not that it's badly written, or I disagree with her view. It's just a lot of rehashing the same point. I so wanted to read it and feel moved as I did with her other books, and yet sadly did not. Felt more like "whew, well that killed some time". But I'm still a big Palin supporter, and will read future books. Just not a fan of this particular book.
on October 19, 2015
If i could give this less stars i would. Its a sarah palin commercial and the worst part is the narrative is essentially Liberals, rather Obama is horrible and Republicans...i.e. Reagan ...was good. The thing is the supporting statements to make such an argument are...oh whats the word...NOT THERE. Furthermore, lets call a spade a spade, no one goes under the assumption that Sarah Palin has more political intelligence than your average high school student body president so i suppose we shouldn't be surprised.
on April 30, 2015
Couldn't get past the first chapter.
on October 29, 2013
This book is a testament to the American spirit! Her Maverick ways have transformed the political landscape as we know it! Mission Accomplished Sarah! The liberal media has tried to silence her but she is way more smart than they are. I am an avid Ferret enthusiast who has been repressed by my state government, just like Sarah. There have been many times when I just wanted to give up the fight for Ferret liberation. When I feel like I am going to lose this fight, I think of all the Obstacles that Sarah has gone up against in her life. Sarah is fighting for the us, the American citizens that believe that through her maverick ways, she can get rid of taxes, and stop the socialist government that is currently running this country. We have a Muslim in charge of the county, and everyone knows that all Muslims will eventually radicalize, they cant help it, their bible tells them they have to. It's like when honey bees relocate to our country and become Africanized and start stinging and killing people!
I have been reading this book nightly to my ferrets. Yeah, you heard me! I have illegal ferrets in California! They will have to take these ferrets from my cold dead hands! The tiny voices of the ferrets are crying for freedom, and I intend to lead the fight! Sometimes I look at their little faces while I read this book and they almost look like they are wearing little army helmets and are prepared to enter battle in gods war against tyranny and injustice. There have been times when I felt that the little ferrets have begun to lose hope, but every night I read this book to them make them realize that they are fighting the good fight, and will be victorious! You are my hero Sarah!!
66 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2015
Such an enjoyable read! The author conveys her profound love for our country eloquently and convincingly. She describes life in Alaska and the joys and challenges of living and raising a family in the extreme climate of our most northern state,
on February 13, 2015
She doesn't know anything "by heart". If she did, she would not make such stupid speeches like she recently did in Iowa. The party's almost over for ya Sarah! When President Obama finishes his 2nd term, she will have no one else to bad mouth. Let's be clear, the next president will be "white". Do you really think they (white people in power) will let this idiot bad mouth another white person? I seriously doubt it. She will be silenced. Her job consisted of saying bad things about the first black President. That gig will be over soon. Her own party is slowly throwing her under the bus. It's just a matter of time and she will be gone! Her money will probably dry up and her looks will fade even more. It's just a matter of time. The republican party knew all along that she was an idiot, but they played along because she was always aiming her stupidity at the black president. Now the republicans are about to kick her to the curb. It's just a matter of time, just wait and see. My prediction is that she will end up like those ignorant people who win the lottery and end up broke after a few years. That's all it really was for Sarah Palin. When John McCain picked her, it was like winning the lottery for Sarah Palin and her dysfunctional family. They could not believe their luck. Well it's almost over now...
on July 1, 2015
I LOL'd
on February 13, 2015
Utter pablum. How truly sad that so many so-called Americans can't recognize worthless vapidity when they read it. What does that say about the hundreds of reviewers that routinely give such right-wing tripe five stars on Amazon? Then check out any esteemed history or political writers and the most they get is about 60 five star reviews. Anything anti-intellecutal is awesome for them! Well, this book is that and much less. It reads like a collection of her light, air-headed speeches. I do find books by right-wingers like Newt Gingrich and others worthwhile. Like him or not, Newt actually puts much thought into developing ideas to make the country better. This book is just a recitation of dingy platitudes that uneducated, frightened people cling to - like a child and blanket. It's a sanitized version of American politics - like a book you would find in the "young adult" section of the library.
on August 23, 2013
These are on sale for $2.60 at B&N. Hahaha! Great for rolling papers or toilet paper if desperate. So go to the mall and grab a couple put aside for emergencies!
on April 22, 2015