5.0 out of 5 stars Three cute boys, 'N' loads of cute animals!!
Published on October 16, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Okay so I wouldn't say this is the best movie I've ever seen. But I still really enjoyed it. I liked how they showed the relationship between the three brothers. Sure they picked on JTT but they still protected him especially Devon Sawa. He was more protective of him than Scott Bairstow. I liked the end and How JTT showed there father that they needed to find there own...
Published on April 9, 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Three cute boys, 'N' loads of cute animals!!, October 16, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (DVD)
I think the title kind of explains it all really. Three guys going off into the wild of America, on a mission to find a cave filled with a thousand bears, although being told that they sleep alone, the boys don't believe anyone, find the cave, and have loads of adventures along the way!! Jonathan Taylor Thomas played a great part in this movie and he really narrated it well too! As I live in the UK, I was lucky enough to see it while I was in America, I'd always liked Jonathan and Devon's films, and this was another one I HAD TO HAVE!!! I would also say that this is a great film for all the family, only recently has it been released in the UK, but I bought it in America, luckily I have an international VCR. This film is way cool. I would really reccommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our FAVORITE movie, December 6, 2002
"johnswifekidsmom" (The Jersey Shore, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (VHS Tape)
We love this movie! It is the funniest, most enjoyable film my children own. I cannot believe it was not one of the most popular films of all time! Hysterically funny, and a fabulous story line. I think there is one use of VERY mild profanity, but only the strictest of censors would mind. My toddler, 10 year old and husband all sit and watch this film together. When ADULTS visit while the children are watching, they wind up staying to see the movie. Belly laughs and breath holding excitement. When people ask me advice on what to get a kid who has everything, I tell them to find this movie. Children coming to visit? Have this movie ready when they get "bored." It will save the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable, interesting plot with well-done acting, March 27, 2004
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I haven't seen this movie too often, but I really enjoy it every time that I do. Why? Because it is full of fun, adventure and mild comedy. The acting is wonderful, all of the three boys are terrific. However, this isn't necessarily a movie for younger children-it is geared towards pre-teens and teenagers. There is obscenities, implications, and alcholol use that isn't right for everyone.
But, it is mad up for in the interesting plot. I don't know how much of this is true, but I enjoy it just the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie-a must see!, October 25, 1999
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This movie is great if you know how to laugh. Everytime I watch it I notice something new. Great for all ages--my dad and sister loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspended Reality, July 5, 2002
This review is from: Wild America (Snap Case) (DVD)
Unless you've been living in Congo, you've heard of Marty Stouffer... well, even there you've probably run into him once or twice. One of the greatest wildlife photographers in the world, Marty has his own story to tell... and it wasn't easy getting to the place where he is right now. "Wild America" is his story... or rather, the story of his kid brother Marshall. How much of it is true is unknown, although I have the feeling that most of the following adventure has been "enhanced" to make a good story. And a good story it is... in the form of a really tall tale.
More than often humorous and a few times absurd, "Wild America" runs on adrenaline, keeping the audience on their toes... since they never know what might happen next. From a gator-infested swamp to the snowy mountains of Montana, these boys never seem to run out of adventure. There are encounters with wolves, snakes, wild horses, eagles, bears, alligators, and other predators, all filmed in that beautiful close-up quality of the real-life Stouffer. Particularly memorable is the montage of Wild America clips shown during the end credits... some of his most best-known and award-winning work.
Yes, at times the film is corny and it tries too hard to be everything -- a comedy, a romance, an adventure, a family flick -- but it's enjoyable simply for its casting, storyline, and animals. Parents should be forewarned that it contains quite a helping of profanity. While the film won't appeal on a wide range to older teens, younger ones will probably be drawn in by the great adventure upon which the boys embark. Girls in particular will enjoy this one, if only for the pleasure of watching a nearly all-male cast. JTT is exceptional.
"Wild America" cites more on the side of irony than realism... but it's still quite a ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Show!, April 13, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (DVD)
This is one of my all time faves...you can't help but like the mix of action/adventure and comedy that this movie has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting!, November 4, 2001
This review is from: Wild America (Snap Case) (DVD)
I was surprised by this one, I saw it in Mexico as "america salvaje". Over there this one was fairly popular, but I never heard it mentioned over here. Well it's about 3 brothers who go on a trip videotaping wildlife, and they get into all sorts of adventures on the way. The cimeotography was great! And you wouldn't expect it, but the characters were well developed and the script was decent. The scenes with the bears were just intense!
Overall this is a really fun movie, (and it is based on a true story.) Check it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Family oriented, funny, adventurous - a must have., August 12, 1999
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is great family movie with good values. Everyone in the family will enjoy it. My 2 year old loves it, a well as my husband and myself. Its a true story about Marty Stouffer and his brothers growing up filming animals. Great sound track too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round film!, June 20, 2004
Priscilla (England, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild America (Snap Case) (DVD)
I first saw this film in 1999 I loved it.The first thing that grabbed my attention was the 3 brothers and their relationship throughout the film and how it changes.The storyline with the youngest brother marshall was great.The film is like an adventure story,the type you would of loved to have gone on! Traveling,being young,free and inexperienced at almost everything.its a bit like a coming of age film,finding yourself etc.This all sounds heavy but its not,the film is filled with humour from the brothers and all the other characters,the animals are great and some even get in on the humour too.The music even grabs me,the whole thing is a feel good factor of a film,one I would recommend anyone watching of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wildlife/Adventure Movie I've Seen, July 30, 1999
This review is from: Wild America [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Great wildlife and adventure movie. In addition, relationships within the family is interesting and moving.

Wild America (Keepcase)
Wild America (Keepcase) by William Dear (DVD - 2008)
$14.97 $5.99