5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, good deal
Published on December 8, 2010 by S. McDermott

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay....
Published on April 15, 2011 by Jessica Mendoza

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, good deal, December 8, 2010
I'm 5'3", wear approximately a size 4, and usually wear "small" sizes, and these leggings were overall a good fit (ordered size small). They are also high-waisted, which minimizes any muffin-top that might happen with a low-rise legging, but takes a little getting used to if you normally wear low-rise bottoms. For someone as short as me (I normally buy petite pants), these leggings bunched a little at the ankle, but not enough to warrant reducing the rating by a star. Besides, no one can tell with boots over them!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE them!, October 7, 2010
Great quality product with a GREAT pricetag! I wear a size 8-9 and the Medium fit perfect! Thanks again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay...., April 15, 2011
So, I should have paid attention to the other reviews. I received these leggings quickly (3 days after placing my order), so, that was pretty cool. I bought these because I wanted asphalt colored leggings to use when I work out. They are a bit see-through, so, you can't wear light colored underwear with them. Also, they are NOT good if you're planning on wearing them while sweating. I wore them to a spin class and once I was done it looked like I peed in my pants. Please only buy these if you are not going to be sweating. If you are buying these for casual use, they will work out just great! All in all, I recommend them for casual use, but not as work-out wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Post Baby Leggings, September 23, 2011
I had a baby six months ago and still have the baby weight. It's hard to find pants that are comfortable and make me feel skinny. These are perfect. I am 5'8" and 230lbs (I can't believe I just admitted to that ; I ordered the XL and they fit perfectly, over my belly chub. They feel good and stretchy and they don't fall down at the crotch. I've had that problem with other leggings in the past and it drives me nuts! I wear these with tunic tops and dresses and I feel like I'm getting the proper amount of support and coverage. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leggings, January 8, 2011
Average Woman (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
These are excellent leggings, just as others have said. They are mostly cotton so that they are comfortable and reasonably warm (not for snow!) I'm 5'9" and weigh about 150 lbs. Originally, I bought the mediums which did fit, but were not as comfortable to wear as the large size. This is a great price. I have shopped around, and it's hard to match.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect high-waist tights., July 17, 2012
ReadyReeder (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered these tights as exercise pants for a hiking excursion. I'm 5'11 usually a size 14 or 16 so I was a bit leary of ordering an extra-large in American-Apparel's junior sizes. The pants fit perfectly for hiking/exercise(with a rise above my belly button).

2.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but got holes during first wearing, October 22, 2012
L. Bradshaw "MnMnK" (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I was really excited when I opened the package and first saw these, they felt soft and comfortable. When I first put them on they were great, very comfortable, nice thickness, fit great. Within the first hour of wearing them I noticed a small hole, it grew slightly like a panty hose run. Then I saw another one and another one. Not very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars OH SO COMFY!, March 3, 2011
Due to a pain disorder clothing can feel very rough to my skin. I love leggings but they can be hard to find in a fabric I can bear. These leggings are wonderful! They are well made and opaque to wear under skirts, but they are not too heavy that you get overheated. The waist has a nice/well-made band and the fabric is very soft. I am a "real" medium in clothing and these mediums fit very well. The waist comes to the waist, the crotch stays where it's supposed to be, and they end at the ankle. I love these and only wish that there were more colors! The shipping was fast too~early! I will definitely be buying more from this company!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, long-lasting, non transparent, perfect fit, October 26, 2010
This review is from: American Apparel Women's Cotton Spandex Jersey Leggings (Apparel)
Loving the American Apparel Cotton-Spandex leggings. Have them in several colors now, as I teach and practice yoga full time, I go through leggings quickly. They are made well--unlike some other leggings I've owned, the stitching holds up very well in the wash. They are thick enough but not too thick, I don't find they are particularly transparent like other leggings can be. Awesome high waist so they aren't slipping down when I'm bending over and getting into all other kinds of yoga positions. The best part, extremely affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best leggings!, February 10, 2013
Leggings are an integral part of my wardrobe - I can't do without them. As a teacher, I have to dress professionally, and I prefer skirts to pants, but I hate to wear pantyhose and leggings give me freedom to move around without worrying about where my skirt hem is. I've been buying these leggings for a couple years now, and I simply LOVE them. The product is definitely worth the cost. It's soft, solid fabric that's a pleasure to wear, yet extremely durable. They last much longer than regular, less expensive leggings do - often lasting for 2 or more seasons of continual wear. They actually go down over my ankle, plus I don't have to constantly readjust the waistband. They're colorfast and never shrink. I'm not anywhere close to model slender - I wear XL - and I've never worn anything more comfortable that lasts as long.

American Apparel Women's Cotton Spandex Jersey Leggings