5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and made in the USA
Published on January 11, 2011 by Barbara Cox

1.0 out of 5 stars Why change a good thing?
Published 1 month ago by d.s

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and made in the USA, January 11, 2011
I love these leggings, they are soft on the inside and they are nice and thick for winter and fall wear. They do not get stretched out and even in the knees where you can stretch them you can not even get close to seeing through them. I almost fell over when I saw that they were made in the USA too! I can't remember the last time I saw a tag in a article of clothing that said "Made in the USA."

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST!, January 13, 2011
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
I would not make it through winter without these leggings! They are the absolute best. They are thick enough for the winter, yet fit perfectly. I sized down, as I do with all leggings... after all they are suppose to be tight. I'm a size 10 and ordered medium. I have three pairs so far, and continue to order more. Ever since I've found these leggings, I haven't purchased a different brand since. The only problem I encountered was at the seams, for some reason they get small holes at the seams (this happened on 2/3 pairs). Not sure why this happened, but it was an easy fix with a few stitches. I highly recommend these, I wear them throughout the year. One other main point.. they are a bit high-rise, which can be a plus at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, November 5, 2010
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
These leggings are amazing. My pair has lasted 3 years with my wearing them almost every day. So warm and so comfortable. Expensive but worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality legging, November 13, 2010
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
The quality was what I was looking for in a winter legging. This is not the thin type legging.
But, the size medium was too small. I wear a size 8 and I would need a xlg to fit right, unfortunately this
legging does not come in a xlg.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why change a good thing?, November 13, 2014
They have changed the product. No longer will I rave to my friends about how great the American Apparel winter legging is. I would go off like they paid me with declarations of " I have been wearing the same pair every other day for two years and I even run in them" or "The weave is so tight you can wear white underwear and they make you look thinner". I just spent a crazy twenty minutes putting the new pair and the old pair through a series of tests to make sure I just didn't turn into some kind of old person talking about the "good old days." The new ones do not seem as thick so I weighed them; new: 9 3/4 oz, old: 11 5/8 oz. I put one leg in the new pair and one in the old. The old pair felt perfectly tight around my thigh, new felt like they came from Target. I put each pair on and went outside, but this is MN and it is always cold so there was no clear winner. The most annoying thing is the new pair has that visible silvery elastic sheen that just looks cheap instead of the nice, black matte appearance. I even called my local American Apparel store to make sure the online and instore products are the same. The salesperson working informed me that they are all the same product, but that they personally did not make them(!?). I have officially aged out of this brand, but I suppose that should of been apparent when I wore the leggings with a Dale of Norway sweater while driving a Volvo station wagon. If you have never had the old version you will not be filled with the sting of disappointment and probably find the leggings just fine, but order down a size mine came too big, I'm 5'6" size 8.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit is snug but good on curvy figure, July 30, 2012
Finding the right fit for leggings isn't always easy. So figured I'd give my figure so folks have some idea. I'm 5'7 inches and 135lbs. I am curvy, so I have hips/thighs, but also have rather dainty ankles and slimmer calves. I ordered a medium in these leggings and they fit well. They are a bit snug (If I were ordering again, I'd consider going up a size though I don't know if they'd be too big - I'm guessing I'm borderline on the 2 sizes). I'm sticking with the medium.

It's worth noting, there's very little stretch/give in these leggings so better to lean toward something a little bigger than too small.

Giving a 4 star rating as I wish they'd put just a hair more elasticity in these puppies but overall relatively happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Leggings - Worth the Money, January 7, 2011
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
I absolutely love these leggings. Usually the problem that I have with leggings is that they a.don't keep me warm and b. the material breaks down over time. I've been wearing these constantly for a while now and they are still stretchy, and still really warm. I could pretty much live in them since they are so comfortable. I'm going to get a couple more pairs to have them around!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thick Leggings, December 26, 2010
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
These leggings are my favorite, and I have tried a lot of brands. They are very thick and warm. I wear a size 0/2 and I wear the x-small in these. They don't stretch out easily, you can wear them several times between washes. The only problem I had with my pair was after a couple months of wear, a small hole along the seam in the butt appeared. Just a couple stitches and this can be fixed though. I still give these 5 stars because overall they are warm, comfortable (elastic waist band) and soft.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick, Comfortable, Good Quality, but inconsistent sizing..., September 9, 2012
This review is from: American Apparel Winter Leggings (Apparel)
As other reviewers have stated, these are thicker than your average legging, not translucent, are comfortable and are of good quality/value. However, I personally have found these leggings to be inconsistent in sizing. I am 5'4" 125 pounds, about 24" waist and 36" hips. I am typically size S, sometimes M. I have about a dozen pair of American Apparel's Cotton Jersey Spandex leggings, all in size S. When I ordered these leggings in size S (all from the same source at Amazon) - a pair in black, charcoal, and mud - the sizes were inconsistent. The mud S fit fine while the black and charcoal S were way too snug around my calves and hips. I ordered up in those but kept size S in "mud." Very odd. I would recommend ordering a size up if you have a more muscular build (as I do)..

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 27, 2012
I absolutely love these leggings. Despite other reviews I went with my normal size, which was a medium. I'm 5'5" and 130lbs, and a little hippy. The inseam is a bit long, but nothing that is overly bothersome, just a few rolls at my ankle. Also is a medium rise, which I don't mind. They are pretty much non-see through which is why I purchased these. Thick and warm for those cold winter months as well. Can't go wrong with these. Also I've had mine for a little over a month and I've seen no sagging in the knees or anywhere else for that matter.

American Apparel Winter Leggings